You took my money, now please hire devs

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

musashii89

Banned
You took my money now please hire some devs and fire the content release managers.

I am a huge fan of this game as a concept, but implementation strategy can only be described as a postnatal abortion. Even this websites account confirmation script is broken! With over 400hrs played on single player I have still yet to play this game through without a glitch fatally corrupting my save file. Major balance changes to a largely single player game show the complete lack of code release strategy. I could forgive the lack of stability if the content was all available, or vice versa. But there are only so many times you can restart the game after some interaction caused a fatal conflict which corrupts a save game before you sadly accept that the best game in a decade is unplayable.

I am tired of gaming companies putting out flawed products and calling them 'early release' so they can credit themselves with an indefinite period of 'pre-release fixes', with a single developer working on patches and all others allocated to revenue producing development.

Long time die hard fanbois may forgive and even defend such a total lack of common sense, but I am sure you have already irrevocably tarnished your brand with new, wider audiences.

Suggestions - fire who is in charge of content release (or hire a content release manager)
- Hire 10x the devs you currently have, put them all on fixing the current game (yes its exaggerated, but seriously NO DLC dev work please until you have finished the thing we have paid for)
- Fix ONE game mode to 100%, we all paid for this game, give us one working product (not complete, working)
- Decide your priorities, whether you want to continue to make good games, or join EA, Blizzard and other gaming companies and prioritize making money

This game isnt 'early release', this is 'dead on arrival'. Please resuscitate.

Last edited:
Sure, Mr. Armchair developer.

be1be793e30ac59bddff98a55164bc8e.jpg

Good post but you are really beating a dead horse here. Warband was broken for ages, every DLC that followed was as well, unfortunately, this will be no different.

I played 205 hrs, enjoyed my time with the game but like you said.... this is not a working product since we can't even complete main story.

Sure, Mr. Armchair developer.

be1be793e30ac59bddff98a55164bc8e.jpg

Great counter argument, I see this forum has moderators -_-

I develop professionally, if this was my product, I would be shunned from industry.

Good post but you are really beating a dead horse here. Warband was broken for ages, every DLC that followed was as well, unfortunately, this will be no different.

I played 205 hrs, enjoyed my time with the game but like you said.... this is not a working product since we can't even complete main story.

Oh really? If that's the case might get a steam refund.

First M&B game played, heard good reviews of the game and Taleworlds. Seems like the glorious troll fanboi vanguard was making all the noise.

First M&B game played, heard good reviews of the game and Taleworlds. Seems like the glorious troll fanboi vanguard was making all the noise.
Warband is still broken to this day, the sandbox degenerates after a few years and all the lords get indicted for treason and leave the game. So it is only you and a few kings left on an empty map. Because they never fixed the relations system.

Warband is still broken to this day, the sandbox degenerates after a few years and all the lords get indicted for treason and leave the game. So it is only you and a few kings left on an empty map. Because they never fixed the relations system.

Good god why does any one like these titles then? Like the gameplay is ****ing amazing but Taleworlds is obviously incompetent....?

Don't be a jerk! Taleworlds has done a great job with previous games to they will do the same here. I've been playing their stuff for almost ten years. Have faith.

Don't be a jerk! Taleworlds has done a great job with previous games to they will do the same here. I've been playing their stuff for almost ten years. Have faith.
Your castle has been besieged by Lornloth00's glorious troll fanboi vanguard.

Money changed hands I am after something more substantial. Come to the table with a counter argument, this game is a $60 crash simulator.

Mods, the vanilla games are basically unplayable

Yeah Ive been trying to use mods to make the game more stable, but being as this lot release a new more broken patch every few days I have had to go mod free. Still unstable AF

Last edited by a moderator:
Good god why does any one like these titles then? Like the gameplay is ****ing amazing but Taleworlds is obviously incompetent....?
One major appeal is the modding scene. This is definitely also to TW's credit though, as you can assume how difficult it must be to make sure almost all elements of your game can be 'easily' played around with.

So if you think the base game itself is fun, then you're in one hell of a ride when overhaul mods make an appearance.

I mean you gave you're money willfully for a product marketed as in development. Still, you managed to smash through 400hrs of game time, so I guess it's not so bad huh?

All your ranting isn't going to speed up the development process, the game won't be ready for release for another year or so. Maybe you should go outside for a bit in the meantime.

I mean... That's the reason why I bought the game. The reviews were great and most people were saying that this is "An almost finished product" Bunch of shills on Youtube and Steam. I bought the first M&B and played it maybe 2 weeks because it wasn't that good and it was broken af. Then i bought a DLC Viking Conquest because I saw a Youtuber play it and it looked fun... well that was broken as hell too. I researched other DLC and they weren't any better from what i gathered.

Now with Bannerlord, i thought the game was truly good, at the start it was great. But now seeing how i can't even manage my own kingdom, the randomness of stuff happening and how I cant even finish the main story... ughh yea this game gonna go to a "never return to" category soon... If they keep focusing on bugs instead of story and features.

One major appeal is the modding scene. This is definitely also to TW's credit though, as you can assume how difficult it must be to make sure almost all elements of your game can be 'easily' played around with.

So if you think the base game itself is fun, then you're in one hell of a ride when overhaul mods make an appearance.

IMO Id rather have a working game then one which is easily modded. Whoever had the idea for this game is a genius, whoever has been in charge of releasing it so far is the opposite.

Try this launcher it may help you https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/265?tab=description
Their launcher may still be unstable so try this it worked for me and I don't have a monster rig.

Thanks for the tip but does this have any gameplay stability improvements? I can launch just fine, but I keep encountering game breaking glitches or crashes.

I mean you gave you're money willfully for a product marketed as in development. Still, you managed to smash through 400hrs of game time, so I guess it's not so bad huh?

All your ranting isn't going to speed up the development process, the game won't be ready for release for another year or so. Maybe you should go outside for a bit in the meantime.

I am not against your apparent lifestyle choices but you may want to take about 50% off the smoke intake. My definition of 'barely functional' seems to equate to your 'in development' like all the reviewers on steam and youtube.

Read the posts above mate, Yes I played 400hrs, its a GREAT game, I only wish it worked. I've had my time in the sun mate, hence why I need an indoor hobby. I guess your hazy insights aren't as profound as you think.

I mean... That's the reason why I bought the game. The reviews were great and most people were saying that this is "An almost finished product" Bunch of shills on Youtube and Steam. I bought the first M&B and played it maybe 2 weeks because it wasn't that good and it was broken af. Then i bought a DLC Viking Conquest because I saw a Youtuber play it and it looked fun... well that was broken as hell too. I researched other DLC and they weren't any better from what i gathered.

Now with Bannerlord, i thought the game was truly good, at the start it was great. But now seeing how i can't even manage my own kingdom, the randomness of stuff happening and how I cant even finish the main story... ughh yea this game gonna go to a "never return to" category soon... If they keep focusing on bugs instead of story and features.

Ive only played this version, but my experience is the same. Reviews read great, best concept for a game ive seen in years, but so far I have given the game a LOT of leeway to fix issues and I am running out of excuses to login each day and check how much is working. I am starting to realise why I hadnt heard of this game, only diehard fans can stand by its quality.

Onboarding people takes time my dude. Even if they had all the money in the world, one month is not much time to bring new people up to speed and make them productive.

I know my dude, Ive managed IT development projects. In IT prudent planning includes 'ramp up' activities. Tech moves fast, they jumped the gun. 6p's - prior planning prevents piss poor performance.

The problem is often policy - created by those at the top with a focus on making money instead of making good games. Developers are 'repurposed' onto revenue generating aspects of code work, like DLCs, skins and micro transactions, or funds are entirely redistributed to marketing to make up for the bad hype.

Its seems this is yet another great game idea which has apparently been raped time and again by a design studio who dont play their own games and only desire money.

You took my money too, please have some days at the spa when quarantine is over for some RnR and keep up the good work!
Perks!
Kingdom/vassal stuff!
You can do it!

Gogo fanboi vanguard. Calling privilege on anyone who dares to demand services for money paid!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom