SP - General You should gain relation with your allies for fighting alongside them

Users who are viewing this thread

As far as I can tell so far, you only get relationship boosts when you actually intervene in a battle with your ally? If you are in the army when the battle starts I have not noticed a relationship boost, although I could be wrong.

Joining an army and travelling with them should give a passive relationship gain with the leader of the army, and smaller gains with the other members of the army. Fighting with them and winning should give a bonus, perhaps even based on how well your troops did (encouraging players to get their troops involved with battles instead of sitting back unless they're needed).

Similarly, being involved in defeating enemies, taking castles, defending castles, should all give relationship boosts, perhaps to the leader of the faction?

Fighting enemy armies near friendly villages should give a relationship boost with local notables.

Right now, doing quests and brown-nosing everyone seems to be the major way to improve relations, but if my clan is out there busting our asses for this faction, notables should recognize that, if even slightly. I feel like my renowned character who has defeated major armies in our territory should have a decently established relationship with many notables, even if I don't stop to deliver their herds every time.

Also: Possibly add more quests that players can easily hand off to lackeys? I have a hard time finding companions that can do some of the quests, especially the ones that require both decent charm and other skills. There should be more odd jobs to pawn off on companions for short periods of time, with no major rewards, focusing on relationship building. It is difficult to get high relationships with notables unless you focus religiously on doing quests for just that notable.

We just need a wider variety of quests that can boost our relationships.

+1
I'll say that just slaughtering small looter parties shouldn't but just like with hideouts, larger bandit parties should give a relation bonus.
Doesnt it already give you a rel. bonus with nearby notables. And many merchants also become aware of your deeds?

Eh, if you're fighting with them from the start, they take you for granted.
If you roll up like Gandalf at Helm's Deep during their time of need, they'll remember you.

It's all about that dramatic entrance.

TLDR: Buy yourself a cool cape, make an impression.

+1
This, and also for rescuing them from enemy lords that have defeated and captured them.
...and for trading/gifting captured enemy lords to other allied lords.

ATM it is far too easy to gain relations and influence with enemy clans, while being extremely difficult to gain relations with allied clans (outside of stalking their party and intervening in any fight they get in, moreso if you wait until they are on the verge of defeat).

+1 for all of this !
about hanging out with lords in armies and relation gain overtime i'd rather tune this depending on Charm and traits like beeing honorable, mercyfull, generous etc ... this would introduce some complexity but with the right screen messages that would become really nice and immersive as the army travels the land : "While having a walk alongside ... , you have nice talk togther, ... has however to leave soon to attend his/her duty" ; "At some point ... comes to you to congratulate you on how you manage your troops, you both discuss a moment about training and strategy" ; "you heard that ... seems to complain about your habit to bust all the time about your latest deeds"

possibilities are endless.
it might be done through the random event mechanics used when you're beeing prisonner, thus allowing small interaction in reaction to the first message.

Back
Top Bottom