You know what would be super awesome?

Users who are viewing this thread

This feature would be so amazingly awesome that it would exceed all M&B awesomeness.

Tell me which way the stupid lord or whatever is headed. You know how amazingly awesome that would be? All it says is "Lord so and so was last seen near Simir and is heading towards Ov." Wow, that would be amazing! I just can't get over how amazing that would be.

Anyhow, does anyone know a mod that makes finding lords easier? I know there's the telepathy mod, but I really would like one that would make finding them actually something that can be done.

Last edited:
This feature was too complicated and interfered with other game mechanics, so sadly it had to be scrapped in development.
Brough to you by reasonable request/suggestion bot: detecting reasonable, easy to implement game changes and shutting them down because they are too hard and would take to much work, enjoy more armor models that still don't reduce damage enough though!

This feature was too complicated and interfered with other game mechanics, so sadly it had to be scrapped in development.
Brough to you by reasonable request/suggestion bot: detecting reasonable, easy to implement game changes and shutting them down because they are too hard and would take to much work, enjoy more armor models that still don't reduce damage enough though!
But they did it in the the original Mount and Blade! You got ask someone and they'll tell you where they're currently and where they were headed. Hell, they even do that when you're in an army! How the hell did that become too hard to impliment?

Last edited:
But they did it in the the original Mount and Blade! You got ask someone and they'll tell you where they're currently and where they were headed.
The people who did that left and all knowledge is lost. Anyway, this would be too advantageous to the player over the puny AI and you need to explore everything and talk to everyone PERSONALLY, because running circles around the map is FUN AND YOU WILL LIKE IT.
That's actually their argument, somewhat paraphrased. :smile:

The people who did that left and all knowledge is lost. Anyway, this would be too advantageous to the player over the puny AI and you need to explore everything and talk to everyone PERSONALLY, because running circles around the map is FUN AND YOU WILL LIKE IT.
Lol. There was like two people who made the original Mount and Blade. At this point, that does not surprise me if they really said that. They've used the "Shut up, we know better than you" excuse since the game was in development. If I had a penny every time I read Callum saying, "We think it's better this way" bull ****, I would be wealthy enough to pay someone to create this mod!

Not to mention the AI constantly get psy-kick updates about all game data and changes what it's doing and lord not in active parties teleport all over without actually traveling.

And @Killer Kitten I'm not at all dismissing your idea, it's of course a really good one, they just have a very ****ed up system for how the AI behaves so it's much more work then it should be to just "say where the npc actually is and don't waste our ****ing time". They really should revamp this and not have teleporting and instant plan changes for the AI.

The AI gets info the player doesn't too such as what places have food (if you buy all food in a place a starving enemy is going THEY KNOW and immediately change target) and I think they know what places have recruits but I'm not 100%.

Not to mention the AI constantly get psy-kick updates about all game data and changes what it's doing and lord not in active parties teleport all over without actually traveling.

And @Killer Kitten I'm not at all dismissing your idea, it's of course a really good one, they just have a very ****ed up system for how the AI behaves so it's much more work then it should be to just "say where the npc actually is and don't waste our ****ing time". They really should revamp this and not have teleporting and instant plan changes for the AI.

The AI gets info the player doesn't too such as what places have food (if you buy all food in a place a starving enemy is going THEY KNOW and immediately change target) and I think they know what places have recruits but I'm not 100%.
Another suggestion would be to make them stay put for more than no seconds. If he's in his castle, have him stay there for a week or so.

Lol. There was like two people who made the original Mount and Blade.
It's actually about ten lines of code and some dialog text. If motivated devs like Mex were given autonomy to do things because they think it's good for the game, without appearing before an unfriendly judge panel every time they have a good idea, they would be as quick and efficient as modders.
And this feature would have been in the game a long time ago.

Duh and Callum mentioned that this kind of feature looks too much like a strategic management interface and they want to avoid this, because the player must experience everything personally, which is supposed to be good for immersion.
They are wrong, as busywork is not immersive and once you become a bigshot you don't want to waste time finding every henchman just to talk to them.

Last edited:
+1
Although I do think that if they're really dead-set against doing this for whatever reason, as the thread indicates, then any combination of the following can serve as partial substitutes:

• A messenger system to open communication with lords or tell them something without having to hunt them down manually
  • Feasts, so that lords/ladies congregate in one place for an extended period of time and it's easier to find people to talk to
  • Designating a capital city as a meeting point, so that people who want to talk to you go to your capital and wait there for a bit

Duh and Callum mentioned that this kind of feature looks too much like a strategic management interface and they want to avoid this, because the player must experience everything personally, which is supposed to be good for immersion.
They are wrong, as busywork is not immersive and once you become a bigshot you don't want to waste time finding every henchman just to talk to them.
Oh no! A strategic management interface in a strategy game! The horror! The shear horror!

But really, it doesn't surprise me.

This attitude concerns me for the franchise's future. After awhile in a franchise's life, you can't afford to stack features in there and hope for a good game. You're going to have to identify the key features that your core audience appreciates, even if you don't like them yourself, and find a way to incorporate them with the newly planned features. You can't just get rid of old stuff because you don't like it or it doesn't work for what you created. Believe it or not, there is such thing as having a game that doesn't have any major flaws, but had a bunch of small, annoying things that just added up.

And I get this is the Turkish way of doing business. You don't tell a Turkish company you're doing business with what to do. It's a very, "If you don't like it, then leave!" But TaleWorlds, you maybe a Turkish, but they are selling to a western audience with a completely different expectation. Westerners have a very, "I'm paying you money and I won't settle for something I hate."

But this is no joke. I will give $100 in donation to anyone who can mod this and puts it up to Nexus Mod Manager. I know this will probably not even going to come close to covering the cost of your time and efforts. It might be even a little insulting to you. But I am pledging this. The requirement is that it has this format "Traveling towards ___. Last seen in ___ ___ days ago." And it needs to be accessible early in the game. I don't care if it's in the encyclopedia. If you have to ask someone. I don't care.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom