You know the game is bad when

Users who are viewing this thread

I'd rather be here posting crap than playing it.

ps: We need war weariness, war objectives and generally smarter AI. 3 front wars, endless wars...are totally boring. It's like playing custom battles on repeat.

Fix it.

War weariness is really needed. Eventually endless fighting should start to take a huge hit to your soldiers moral.

I'm worried about what to do in between wars though in BL besides prepping for more war?

The game is not bad, it's a heart broken, but not bad. At least we still have some mods to disguise the failures.

I'd rather be here posting crap than playing it.

ps: We need war weariness, war objectives and generally smarter AI. 3 front wars, endless wars...are totally boring. It's like playing custom battles on repeat.

Fix it.
"

I hear ya bro. I feel the same way. The game is so boring, so unimaginative, and so underwhelming; I find it unplayable in its current state.

I am in the same boat. Was having great fun in 1.5.6 until I started having endless wars. Decided to update to 1.5.7 to see if it fixed anything, now despite all my mods saying they work with 1.5.7, half of them don't work. Every time I think I get everything working, I get another crash from another mod and have to remove it.

Also, from this post, it sounds like even in 1.5.7 if I get my mods working, I will still be faced with endless wars so I guess why bother.

Note: The game is not exactly bad and in fact is a lot of fun....when stupid stuff like Endless wars isn't occurring. I also think it will be a lot of fun when they stop patching the game and let modders get to working fixing the issues and then allowing us to load those mods without us having to go through the process ever 3-4 weeks.

Bannerlord is Fast Food much like McDonalds or Kentucky Fried Chicken as compared to a gourmet meal. Think about it, its price range is more in the top-tier premium category yet you are not given premium service. A gourmet meal at a great restaurant is top dollar for several reasons but chief among culinary experts is that every course of the meal is cooked with love. What does that mean? It means the Chefs themselves can tell exactly what each portion is gonna taste like and what the texture will be like without even taking one bite. They want a certain flavor to hit you at one time, followed by another intentional flavor and so on and so on. next each course is meant to build upon the last, culminating in a crescendo with a very satisfying top of the line pastry dessert as end game.

Now compare this to a fast food meal -these are mass produced with little to no thought of how good or palatable the whole burger may be let alone individual bites. The whole thing is a blazing careless laissez-faire event with the customer kind of enjoying their own greasy aftermath but generally feeling pretty yucky for having had the whole thing.

Where is the overall vision, the layering of game events, the culmination the caring about how the game presents and unfolds themselves to the player? Not there. What is there is too much mayonnaise and them trying to find weird ways to ease up on the mayonnaise (snowballing)

The only recourse is to stay an independent clan and make peace as needed, then you can do as you wish until you decide to attack a faction again.
This is the only way the game feels okay to me. Of course if you want good leadership skills you must join a faction and lead armies at least till your leadership is satisficed, then break of and stay a independent clan.

I don't understand what the point of making a faction is when it's the exact same as just being in one. Do well =constant 4 wars, do not okay = still almost always 2-3 wars.

A lot of people say "Nooo this forum is a negative well everyone loves this game" just go into Facebook are any other media that's not reddit and people are criticizing the game too. I hope it gets good but yeah, this game is boring, the sole idea of opening the game and play it makes me think "hmm do I really want to?"

A lot of people say "Nooo this forum is a negative well everyone loves this game" just go into Facebook are any other media that's not reddit and people are criticizing the game too. I hope it gets good but yeah, this game is boring, the sole idea of opening the game and play it makes me think "hmm do I really want to?"

Forums (no matter which) are generally negative. This is true about video games or any software. There is stronger motivation to post when you have a negative experience than a positive one. They are more vocal.

I definitely wouldn't say Bannerlord is bad. It's certainly got problems, and the fixing of them is taking longer than I'd like (and some of them may never be fixed). Still, I've already played it for hundreds of hours, and haven't enjoyed a game this much in more than three years.

Yeah, there were cool features in Warband that are missing here, and that's disappointing, but overall, I find Bannerlord to be more steps forward than backward (and pretty big steps, at that).

In short, it's "good but kinda broken right now." That isn't the same as "bad."
: )

Last edited:
Forums (no matter which) are generally negative. This is true about video games or any software. There is stronger motivation to post when you have a negative experience than a positive one. They are more vocal.
Yea because when it's good, we're too busy playing. A quiet forum is actually a good thing. It means the masses are occupied by the circus.

I definitely wouldn't say Bannerlord is bad. It's certainly got problems, and the fixing of them is taking longer than I'd like (and some of them may never be fixed). Still, I've already played it for hundreds of hours, and haven't enjoyed a game this much in more than three years.

Yeah, there were cool features in Warband that are missing here, and that's disappointing, but overall, I find Bannerlord to be more steps forward than backward (and pretty big steps, at that).

In short, it's "good but kinda broken right now." That isn't the same as "bad."
: )

Well...don't get me wrong. I love it. It's beautiful and I know there's so much potential in it.

But right now?

Now it's bad. I can't leave my immediate area to do anything else because the wars never end. Never ever ever.

The idiot AI just keeps declaring a new war while we're busying fighting 2 and in the off chance that we make peace, well then someone's gotta declare war on us. And it's not like they stay locked up.

It absolutely sucks.

I have similar feelings, it is not bad but neither great... it needs more work, more tuning and more content, some announced features seems promising, some headman decisions seems odd, in the end I think that the story will repeat. Once finished some basic mods will be needed to make it really great as happened with WB.

The DefaultDiplomacyModel is already taking into account fatigue (affected by how the war is going) and the duration of the war as a separate factor. Chatted a bit about it with @mexxico and he will think a bit on avenues to improve it.

Back
Top Bottom