You choose... What faction like you vs Picts?

Who?

• Britons

Votes: 12 19.4%
  • Saxons

Votes: 14 22.6%
  • Angles

Votes: 13 21.0%
  • Irish

Votes: 12 19.4%
  • Jutes

Votes: 11 17.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Users who are viewing this thread

In the Siege of presentation for Brytenwalda Multiplayer Addon, we will fight under the walls of Dun Taruo. One of the major forst of the Picts.

Who would you like to be the attacker? You choose.

mptaruo2.jpg

That looks like it will be one hell of a place to assault. :smile: Though I won't be playing MP I suggest having the Britons go against them. They have elite cavalry and infantry plus some pretty good archers. It just seems like they will be the best fit. IMO anyway.

Hm, well I was originally going to vote for Saxons but I'm really basing my opinion on what's going on at the start of the SP mod. Seems the Saxons would be crazy to march or sail to this Pict fort and attack it leaving what little territory they own open to the Jutes and Britons nearby. The Irish have their hands full as well, with a few big wars happening right off the bat. So my vote laid on the fact that a few Briton kingdoms lay close to Pict lands and where/are in no immediate threat of war. Alt Clut or Gwyeed (spelling?), etc seem like a good choice... so yeah, Britons still get my vote. IMO anyway. :smile:

-Edit- Corrected some spelling errors. Grammar can wait. :wink:

What about the Dal Riadan's to the west of the highland boundary, they could sail by way of The Minch in the isles, past Caithness and the Orkneys down to the moray firth, and be at Dun Taoru within days (hours even?), no? Just speculating here.. Or you could imagine a crossing of the highlands straight into Pictland, a hard journey, no doubt, but similar things have been done before! :smile:

By the way, would it be possible to sail straight  through from the firth or lorn to the moray back in those days?

Another scenario, would be the Alt Clut britons departing from the firth of clyde, and doing the same journey perhaps? Those are the most interesting ones to me :smile: A joined army of both would be even better hehe.

Saxons/Bernaccia seems like the obvious choice.
Do we even have evidence of a siege at Dun Taruo?

You mean Angles/Bernaccia?  :grin:
We can ask to Morcant for historical success.

What about the Dal Riadan's to the west of the highland boundary, they could sail by way of The Minch in the isles, past Caithness and the Orkneys down to the moray firth, and be at Dun Taoru within days (hours even?), no? Just speculating here.. Or you could imagine a crossing of the highlands straight into Pictland, a hard journey, no doubt, but similar things have been done before! :smile:

By the way, would it be possible to sail straight  through from the firth or lorn to the moray back in those days?

Another scenario, would be the Alt Clut britons departing from the firth of clyde, and doing the same journey perhaps? Those are the most interesting ones to me :smile: A joined army of both would be even better hehe.

Yes, Dal Riata and pitcs were enemy long time. This is totally historical. Dal Riata was irish.

I voted Irish because it makes the most sense to me;

-It's a coastal fort, Irish could have come from overseas
-Irish were kind of poor compared to the Brits at the time, right? Irish vs. Picts could historically balance well for a multiplayer! :smile:
-Irish vs. Picts show a better in-depth look at what kind of factions are offered, instead of the predictable factions of "Saxons" or "Britons" in a mod called "Brytenwalda". I think it would bring out the fact of how rich in detail and history the Brytenwalda mod is :grin:

I'd say, just from a practical standpoint, whichever faction is least used in the rest of the maps. I'd like to get as much variation and balance as possible.  :smile:

Irish, 'cause what's better than a whole bunch of yelling drunk guys running around outside our fort?

No I kid the Irish I just had to add the stereotype in there

Anyway when is this event as I call it happening?

I say the Angles. Either them or the Saxons. It should be historically accurate; after all, they did invade Brittenia if I'm following the game correctly.

I was torn between Gaels and Angles, both being historical invaders of Pictland (unlike Saxons and Jutes), but I went for Angles.

I'd say the Angles.  Northumbria was the most powerful kingdom in northern Britain.  The Gaels of Dal Riata are the only other real alternative.  I don't think the Brythonic kingdoms - Alt Clut and Goddodin - ever really would have attacked the heartland of the Picts.

I think it would be cooler with an anglo-saxon faction vs a celtic one instead of two celtic ones fighting each other.

Back
Top Bottom