You can select mods for Multiplayer in the launcher in v1.8

Users who are viewing this thread

Not like disabling it with simple server modding is an issue at all.

Better hope that server files will be in a stable state any time soon. Cause right now they are not.
I don't have access to dedicated server files like you guys, also my knowledge of C# is not good enough it is like very basic. I can't predict If it is easy as you say. But hearing some kind of information about it is very good to hear.

about the state of the server stabilization, it is just sad. I was happy to see you guys improved the server alone with modding it and I thought we would have even more stable servers in 1.7.2 but sadly that's not the case.

I actually think that there are only a few issues left, but unfortunately they have a huge impact (especially with the new clientside crashes which can also lead to a server being stuck in some kind of loop). I hope there will be a hotfix soon so servers can be even more stable then in 1.7.1. Cause right now there are only like 1-2 problems which lead to the most common server crashes.

I think the class system is designed to prevent the 8K gold hoarder from becoming an immortal man that walks out of several 5v1s alive.
Which was never an issue, I can count on 1 hand the players who could do this, and even they couldnt do it reliably. Armor slowed you down and footwork is arguably more important than armor. And the players who potentially could do this, earned it by mastering the game. AND with the randomness of damage you could still die in a few hits with any armour. This was honestly never an issue unless someone was wearing admin armour and the others were using spiked clubs.

Sorry for the derail.

NaivePopularJerboa-size_restricted.gif

It's strange they didn't comment anything about it in the patchnotes, can we expect modded GK servers in 1.8.0 with custom maps? or is something else still missing?

Has anyone been able to previously discern a rough timeline from how long a beta patch is announced until it gets pushed to the main branch? Assuming there is a pattern.

Taleworlds also ****ed mp enough with their ****ty ideas like global armor calc. We will see what people are going to do with it.

FYI there is no global armour calculation in MP. There is still locational armour.

However what they have done is made all armour slots provide 0 armour - except the torso slot which provides X armour to all locations equally. Ergo turning on locational damage is as easy as changing a few numbers. Even I could do it in a few moments.

This is the exact same system Napleonic wars used which also didn't have locational armour

FYI there is no global armour calculation in MP. There is still locational armour.

However what they have done is made all armour slots provide 0 armour - except the torso slot which provides X armour to all locations equally. Ergo turning on locational damage is as easy as changing a few numbers. Even I could do it in a few moments.

This is the exact same system Napleonic wars used which also didn't have locational armour
I opened dnspy to be sure and with my low knowledge of C# I can see, that you are wrong. in MultiplayerAgentStatCalculateModel they take the value of the armor from mpclassdivisions.xml and they apply it to every part of the body.

Last edited:
yeah, thats also right. But you can do something like that with xml modding already in 1.7.2, Of course, we would need gold cost for the perks and that's requires dll. Also it is hard for end user to install a mod also switch back to Native in 1.7.2, So it is better to wait for v1.8.
Taleworlds also ****ed mp enough with their ****ty ideas like global armor calc. We will see what people are going to do with it.

this is really good, they should invest on that Idea, creates so many possibilities

I opened dnspy to be sure and with my low knowledge of C# I can see, that you are wrong. in MultiplayerAgentStatCalculateModel they take the value of the armor from mpclassdivisions.xml and they apply it to every part of the body.
Yeah, I don't recall it being easy at all to remove it last time I used dnspy to check on it. Not sure what axios's way of doing it is unless i am missing something.

Big if tru

@Errayn Super cool work. Is there any way that the SP gear/inventory screen could be used instead of the perk UI?
I can't give the correct answer for this. Because you are asking the wrong question to the wrong person. Creating complex UI that works requires C# knowlage in bannerlord. Probably it has to be built from scratch for mp again. I don't think anyone gonna waste time with it. I have only done basic stuff about UI

Also, I believe the SP gear inventory screen is not a great idea for bannerlord mp. It is time-consuming to select/switch your set.

Back
Top Bottom