SP - Player, NPCs & Troops Yo were the black women at?

Users who are viewing this thread

So this is not a really big issue by any means but something i recently noticed is that there are currently black men but no black women in the game.
The women of the Aserai are mostly very light skinned or olive skinned and the darkest you can get in the character creator is more like a slightly darker skinned Arabian woman.

Like i said it is by no means a big deal, it is more just a small observation.

It would be nice though if they were added to the game in case i want to take a nubian queen as my spouse and create an army of swirl babies to take over the world ?

well, my question is why are there even so many woman in this game. i mean, its supposed to be medieval'ish right? And i encounter way more female companions then male...

well, my question is why are there even so many woman in this game. i mean, its supposed to be medieval'ish right? And i encounter way more female companions then male...
I mean.. it's a game. The theme is medieval but that does not mean it strives to be as realistic as possible.

because more than half the people in the world are women.

In Warband there were 5 female companions and 11 male ones.

In Bannerlord i'm running around with my personal harem, there are so many female ones.

Women were forbidden to join the army before the 1st world war

Yeah... no. I'm not going to give examples out of the ordinary like Queen Tamar, like Joan of Arc, Artemisia of Caria... but even if women were socially barred from having fighting roles in "official" capacities, there were women soldiers, women warriors, women pirates, they existed in the fringes, where the light of God doesn't reach very far.

This being a parahistorical scenario, I don't see what's wrong with a little nudge on the direction of equality. Most of the nobles are men, and this would be correct. The parallels to the factions also had powerful women in their summits. Empresses Zoe and Irene, for example, were rulers on their own right, and they were able to use their husbands, advisors and colleagues rather than be used by them. Zoe herself even had the famed Harald Hardrada (before he was king) as the captain of her Varangian Guard take her side. Alienor of Aquitaine is another example of a "vlandian" lady, one of the most influential and powerful persons in Western Europe during the 1100's.

Actually, that many of the companions are women fits well their role as "we're the rejects, the pirates, the bandits, the disinherited... you come from the gutter, and so do they, men and women alike, defying social conventions.

Last edited:
Posting exceptions of women only proves the rule. The fact that women warriors are noted in history and not the countless male soldiers is proof of this. 2nd I said nothing about governing so its besides the point.

Yeah... no. I'm not going to give examples out of the ordinary like Queen Tamar, like Joan of Arc, Artemisia of Caria... but even if women were socially barred from having fighting roles in "official" capacities, there were women soldiers, women warriors, women pirates, they existed in the fringes, where the light of God doesn't reach very far.
He's actually quite right there. I hate it when everytime this conversation pops up, people throw up exceptions and try to explain it as a norm. It was a taboo back in the day and that's why we know pretty much every female "warrior" by name. I don't care about that 75% bannerlord companions are female, but i care about history.

Women were forbidden to join the army before the 1st world war
Theres been plenty of figthing women throught history and one main difference between Calradia and our world, Theres no Catholicism or Islam or any other religion fearing women being out and about.

Maybe you need to check your history because majority female armies did not exist. A culture which could be attributed having female warriors are scythians but its very debated and the term has been used for every steppe people in a 2500 year time span. Come with an example before telling me to do homework
@Timmortal
No you're wrong. They were not "been plenty of figthing women throught history". Come with examples instead of single, mostly noble women commanders, warriors. Large female fighting forcers were no where close to the norm before the 1st world war

Maybe you need to check your history because majority female armies did not exist. A culture which could be attributed having female warriors are scythians but its very debated and the term has been used for every steppe people in a 2500 year time span. Come with an example before telling me to do homework
we have said nothing about majority army, where in Bannerlord is the majority army female, ffs look a your troop roster, not a single female to be seen, but YOUR NAMED COMPANION! who might be a smith, trader, engineer or fighther or something else, can be female, in an army of a 100 thats makes it 1% female, my armies are nearing 200 with 3 female companions, 2 of them healers, are you now saying women were not healers? or are you saying healers did not travel with armies?

@Timmortal
No you're wrong. They were not "been plenty of figthing women throught history". Come with examples instead of single, mostly noble women commanders, warriors. Large female fighting forcers were no where close to the norm before the 1st world war
This. And there's a good reason behind it.

Back
Top Bottom