Ymira has become a psychopath

Users who are viewing this thread

hexdoctor

Recruit
The first companion I got was Ymira. I made my way through the game untill I was strong enough to take over Tevarin Castle and make my own faction. After I took Haringoth Castle I made her my first vassal which quickly turned out to be an important decision. As she had an army of 200 after a couple of days. Mine was around 100. I thought it was a little weird but concluded that I might have just skilled her up really good. So with her help I am able to take about half of Swadia and make more of my followers into vassals. When I ask them who should get fiefs they usually start by supporting themselves but after a day or two they all support her. So to please all my vassals I give her all the fiefs I don't keep for myself. When I lay siege to Dhirim her army is 400 strong and after capturing Dhirim and defeating the Kingdom of Swadia I marry her out of fear because she is quickly becoming the largest army in Calradia and I want her on my side. But it doesn't stop. Everyone supports her for fiefs and she just keeps getting stronger. The Nords declare war on us, so she just marches directly to Sargoth and takes it before I've been able to do anything in the war. I barely made it to Tihr in time to join her 1000 men army in the assault. After that she takes Wercheg and then the Nords offer a peace treaty. Still all my vassals support her claim to new fiefs. So I give her Sargoth. Skip forward to today, her army is 2800 strong. I own more than half of the towns in Calradia, though not as many castles because she prefers attacking towns apparently. The game is essentially over for me since I don't even have to attend my own wars anymore, she is just stronger than the combined forces of any of the other kingdoms.
Last thing I did was to declare war on Rhodok and while I lost standing with all my other vassals she liked me more because of it. What the hell. Is Ymira always like this? My Chancellor wont say **** about her except that she likes me. I'm scared she will betray me at some point because I cannot possibly hope to defeat her.  Calradia will be mine shortly thanks to her, but I can't help feeling I will not be the true ruler of Calradia...

OP said:
Last thing I did was to declare war on Rhodok and while I lost standing with all my other vassals she liked me more because of it. What the hell. Is Ymira always like this? My Chancellor wont say **** about her except that she likes me.
She's a compassionate person as a companion, and is actually flagged as a "benefactor" (the commoner equivalent to the "good-natured" lord personality found in a few noble lords), but funnily enough, good-natured/benefactor vassals can still monger wars, rape, pillage and burn with the best.

I'm scared she will betray me at some point because I cannot possibly hope to defeat her.  Calradia will be mine shortly thanks to her, but I can't help feeling I will not be the true ruler of Calradia...
She won't. Considering she gets all the fiefs, everybody but you loves her, she has a low controversy, and she lacks the cunning/debauched/roguish traits. Vassals with any of these three are more likely to intrigue against other lords and gain controversy, so she'll just make your game as boring as possible.

Attar said:
Strange, i never got my companions to power but how did she get 2800 units? :shock:
She must have defeated other parties with lots of prisoners. Her army was already huge before that, so the only parties slow enough for her to intercept were the other big parties (rulers' parties/parties growing with rescued prisoners) or ones with too many prisoners (moving parties and/or fief garrisons).

True, going out of your way to rescue prisoners from enemy or bandit parties is a good way to inflate your own ranks.  Better yet, the prisoners slow them down, so they're easier to catch with a larger party.  Once she got enough troops together to sack castles and towns, and relieve their prisons of all those captives, her ranks would tend to grow, and the AI lords clearly get bonuses to party size that are well beyond what the player has, otherwise they wouldn't be commanding 150+ troops after their 12th consecutive defeat.  That's a rather extreme case, however.  I'd imagine that she has an interesting combined-arms list of troops from various factions, rather than a one-dimensional army like most factions.

Back
Top Bottom