Yet Another Translation: Hungarian (1.8.0)

Users who are viewing this thread

Patricky

Recruit
Hi!
First of all, for the moderators passing by; this is my first physical appearance on the Taleworlds forum, so excuse me if I had posted this in the wrong section.

The title says it all, I am planning to create a mod or some sort of localization, in order to translate the game into Hungarian. I do not know whether there is a team that has already been assigned to this, but I assume there is not, since even basic languages like german were coming in the form of mods as well (last year).

I am quite decent in c# coding but translating stuff in xml files is brand new for me. Now my question is, how do I exactly do that? How can I create a hungarian translation mod?

I have already tried to download the - probably most popular - translation mod, the german one (1.7.2 ver). I also speak german so I tried to sort of translate that, test the changes, and try to understand how it works to make my own hungarian localization. For my usual luck, it did not work the same way on 1.8.0 due to the recent changes.

So once again, I am familiar with programming & modding (I used to be a Total War modder before), although this is my first translation, so I would appreciate a little help on how to do it in 1.8.0. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I am aware of this documentation page: docs.bannerlordmodding.com/_csharp-api/localization/
However, it seems to be outdated. Therefore, it mostly talks about localization support for MODS, which is completely obsolete for me as my goal is to translate the vanilla game itself. This should be pretty straightforward.

Last edited:
Hi!
First of all, for the moderators passing by; this is my first physical appearance on the Taleworlds forum, so excuse me if I had posted this in the wrong section.

The title says it all, I am planning to create a mod or some sort of localization, in order to translate the game into Hungarian. I do not know whether there is a team that has already been assigned to this, but I assume there is not, since even basic languages like german were coming in the form of mods as well (last year).

I am quite decent in c# coding but translating stuff in xml files is brand new for me. Now my question is, how do I exactly do that? How can I create a hungarian translation mod?

I have already tried to download the - probably most popular - translation mod, the german one (1.7.2 ver). I also speak german so I tried to sort of translate that, test the changes, and try to understand how it works to make my own hungarian localization. For my usual luck, it did not work the same way on 1.8.0 due to the recent changes.

So once again, I am familiar with programming & modding (I used to be a Total War modder before), although this is my first translation, so I would appreciate a little help on how to do it in 1.8.0. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I am aware of this documentation page: docs.bannerlordmodding.com/_csharp-api/localization/
However, it seems to be outdated. Therefore, it mostly talks about localization support for MODS, which is completely obsolete for me as my goal is to translate the vanilla game itself. This should be pretty straightforward.

Upvote 1
Back
Top Bottom