Yet Another Forced Update

Users who are viewing this thread

I appreciate that you are still ironing out bugs in the game, but why do you have to force the updates through?

I want to be able to finish a playthrough without being scared to log out, because you just throw out another bugfix update that breaks my game.

How annoying this is, when you could just as easily allow us to choose to accept the upgrade.

STOP THIS

Last edited:
How annoying this is, when you could just as easily allow us to choose to accept the upgrade.

STOP THIS

think you enjoy pissing off people with some of these clownshoes ways.
If you're opted-into a previous version, the hotfixes almost never go for them.

thanks for the tip I have been playing M&B since Alpha and know this but I wanted to try the release version and took the risk.
Anyway, there is no reason to not have it be something you accept, or not.
Would it be game breaking to give us the choice, especially as many of the updates break more than they fix.

Last edited:
Problem is that TW is uploading "hot code" code into live version for some bizzare reason. They literally changed stuff (one line that possible broke multiple mods) when they updated 1.0.2 beta into 1.0.2 live. Why they dont do this changes only in beta version is beyond me. They are constantly pushing mini patches with no official description into live game.

Man I'm glad I'm not a game dev.

Fans: Your game sucks .... FIX IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111 GRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111
Devs: This should fix it.
Fans: STOP FIXING YOUR GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111 ARE YOU STOOOOOPIDDDDDDDDD???????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111

And last I checked, Steam, not Taleworlds forces games to update. Since Steam got tired of people complaining about broken games that the users never bothered to update, Steam took the option away. Personally if I have a heavy modded game or one I know is going to get drastic changes (looking at you Stellaris) I play offline until I'm done with that playthrough.

Man I'm glad I'm not a game dev.

Fans: Your game sucks .... FIX IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111 GRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111
Devs: This should fix it.
Fans: STOP FIXING YOUR GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111 ARE YOU STOOOOOPIDDDDDDDDD???????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111

And last I checked, Steam, not Taleworlds forces games to update. Since Steam got tired of people complaining about broken games that the users never bothered to update, Steam took the option away. Personally if I have a heavy modded game or one I know is going to get drastic changes (looking at you Stellaris) I play offline until I'm done with that playthrough.
My problem is that they introduced a rather pointless alteration that’s messed with so many mods.

Back
Top Bottom