Yet Another Dragon Banner Thread (Not getting it)

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello, Smee again

I've finished the Main Quest.. got all three pieces.. and I decided to go the route of having my own Kingdom.
I read that I needed an Imperial settlement to start the Kingdom going. Well that wasn't all that clear until I re-read it (I though it was just any castle).. so I forced a couple villages to give me troops (I don't like raiding them and such), and the Battianins (name?) declared war on me. I took a small castle.. fought them off.. and went to see the lady for the quest completion... Well is my face red.. I needed to whack an Imperial castle.

So I go back and I'm now at peace, then I go out and harass the Western kingdom.. got a castle.. got wiped out..relaunched the Save.. finally won.

I go back to talk to her and everything is completed. The Kingdom Screen now shows me as the ruler of the Caladarian Empire...

My original banner has a red slash through it.. I search the banners and don't see any special Dragon Banner... I looked around all of me screens and don't see it. I go back and talk to her (can't really). So I didn't get the banner.

I did see a blurb where I needed to conquer at least 3/4 of the map (I think) in order to have the full Kingdom. Do I have to do that in order to have the Banner?

Did I get bugged somehow? Screwed? Or did I not do some archaic side quest? And where is my brother? Do I have to go to a city and buy it?

Thanks!

Shawn

Dragon banner so far is an epic fail. It takes forever to find the 10 nobles to talk to, then invariably one of the cities where you have to talk to someone is at war with your faction, so you either have to wait to get in until the war's over, or siege the castle just to get into to have a conversation with so-and-so about the dragon banner.

And then after you get all three pieces and put them together, you have the option of going to war with the empire to get your kingdom and fly the banner . . . but wait, there's no model for the dragon banner in game? How can that be? It's the subject of the bloody main quest, so how can it not physically exist in the game?

Your other option is to give the dragon banner to your lord (assuming you are a vassal), and after telling you it's the best thing anyone has ever given him, what happens? Absolutely nothing. I was expecting to be rewarded with a castle, or a title, or at least dancing girls and armor, a magic weapon or . . . well, something. But unless I've completely missed it, you apparently get no reward at all, which is the worst punchline in the game to date.

Dragon banner so far is an epic fail. It takes forever to find the 10 nobles to talk to, then invariably one of the cities where you have to talk to someone is at war with your faction, so you either have to wait to get in until the war's over, or siege the castle just to get into to have a conversation with so-and-so about the dragon banner.

And then after you get all three pieces and put them together, you have the option of going to war with the empire to get your kingdom and fly the banner . . . but wait, there's no model for the dragon banner in game? How can that be? It's the subject of the bloody main quest, so how can it not physically exist in the game?

Your other option is to give the dragon banner to your lord (assuming you are a vassal), and after telling you it's the best thing anyone has ever given him, what happens? Absolutely nothing. I was expecting to be rewarded with a castle, or a title, or at least dancing girls and armor, a magic weapon or . . . well, something. But unless I've completely missed it, you apparently get no reward at all, which is the worst punchline in the game to date.
I totally agree. I gave it to Dethard. I didn't expect him to be generous, and I got what I expected: Nothing. And the banners power that the bearer wins? Dethard lost Charas and Sargoth soon afterwards while I was busy to add Omor to his realm. Seems tha banner served him as much as the last emporer.... I would consider its powers a myth, maybe enough to give troops of the owner a moral boost

Back
Top Bottom