OSP Kit QoL Ye Olde Tavern Strumpets

Users who are viewing this thread

N0ught said:
Malik Faris said:
xenoargh said:
Then say something funny when it fades back in ("Oi, you said it was 'like a leapord', but it was more like a squirrel, m'lord!", etc., ad nauseum, with some cute code that takes into account STR/AGI/CHR/INT, Persuasion (heh) Leadership (double-heh) Merchant (hahaha) etc.  Anything past that is too gratuitous for my tastes, personally.

and "Power Strike" :wink: :wink: and "Ironflesh"  :wink: :wink: and "Spotting":wink: :wink: and "Pathfinding":wink: :wink: "Tactics":wink: :wink: and "Weapon Master":wink: :wink: and "Athletics":wink: :wink: and how could i forget "Riding" :wink: :wink:. say no more say no more.

Don't forget "Shield".  :wink: :wink:

Without it you might catch a plague. Shield it before you wield it!

Hooray for hookers! :mrgreen:

I heartily agree sir!!!

Malik Faris said:
Mount & ***** : Whoreband

LMAO... good one

Malik Faris said:
you forgot the final tier:
Revan Shan said:
Casual prostitute - Elite Slut - Mounted ***** - Your Mom

:razz:

Pwnd!!!

On Topic:  I like this idea, adds a slight diversion form hacking up Rhodoks and Vaegirs....  I'm pretty partial to the fade-to-black idea personally.

/support

Thanks for the support!  :mrgreen:

I'm done with the party and its interactions... I think.  Now I need to learn how to do fade-out - play sound - fade-in - play sound ((or maybe kick the player to the town menu screen after fade-out - play sound)or maybe kick the player back to the tavern entry point), within dialog hopefully.  :???:

:evil:

Reviewing the fugitive dialog:
Code:
[anyone,"fugitive_fight_start", [], "Die, dog!", "close_window",
   [(set_party_battle_mode),
    (quest_set_slot, "qst_hunt_down_fugitive", slot_quest_current_state, 1),
    (call_script, "script_activate_tavern_attackers"),
one would think that this:
Code:
[anyone,"madame_betray_rsp",[],"You vile, evil souls!  We shall have our revenge!","close_window",
	[	(set_party_battle_mode),
		(call_script, "script_activate_tavern_attackers"),  		  				       
		(call_script, "script_neutral_behavior_in_fight"),
		(mission_disable_talk),
would work.  But I be fracked, it doesn't.  Anyone feel like offering up some insight?

The folk inside the tavern do run and hide in the corners though.  :mrgreen:

You obviously haven't set up the conditions for the tavern fight - i.e. you haven't modified script_activate_tavern_attackers at all to include your attacker.

Code:
	  (set_party_battle_mode),
	  (try_for_agents, ":cur_agent"),
	    (agent_get_troop_id, ":cur_agent_troop", ":cur_agent"),
	    (this_or_next|is_between, ":cur_agent_troop", "trp_fugitive", "trp_fight_promoter"),
	    (is_between, ":cur_agent_troop", madame_begin, madame_end),                    
	    #(this_or_next|eq, ":cur_agent_troop", "trp_fugitive"),
	    #(this_or_next|eq, ":cur_agent_troop", "trp_belligerent_drunk"),
	    #(eq, ":cur_agent_troop", "trp_hired_assassin"),
	    (agent_set_team, ":cur_agent", 1),
	    (assign, "$g_main_attacker_agent", ":cur_agent"),
	    (agent_ai_set_aggressiveness, ":cur_agent", 199),
	  (try_end),

I do not understand why all of that can't be declared within dialog, which is how I approached this to begin with.  Somehow I missed trp_fugitive when scanning the actual script, so that's when I tried simplifying to mimic the fugitive dialog.  :roll:

ED:
No, I was in mission templates and never made it to the script, apparently. 

Alright, after some unknown screwage I had to restart from a previous version.  As of now, if you choose
Code:
  [anyone|plyr,"madame_talk",[],"My men and I will take what we want from ye.","madame_betrayed",[]],
you will fight with the Madame as well as face the strumpet horde.  Though the script instructs to get and return the currently wielded weapon, you get the nord sword even though she uses the basic dagger.  I want a fade-out with the proper sounds that would reflect that sort of thing, but maybe that's too much?  I simply haven't yet gotten to the point of trying to work that out.

Also, according to the forum source I used to place a troop within a tavern (can't locate it now), there is some strangeness that requires certain placement within troops and constants.  Right now, this is how I have the madames working and this is the only way they work for me.  In troops, the madames are listed above the minstrels:
Code:
#Madame
madame_begin = "trp_madame_1"
madame_end   = "trp_kingdom_heroes_including_player_begin"
tavern_minstrels_begin = "trp_tavern_minstrel_1"
tavern_minstrels_end   = "trp_kingdom_heroes_including_player_begin"
So, does anyone know of a better way?  The madames will not show up if they are declared properly in constants. 

In order to get the fight working, I placed checks for individual troops.  Otherwise, if minstrels were present, he would join the fight unarmed.  It was fun, perhaps I should leave it alone and arm minstrels for this.
Code:
(set_party_battle_mode),
(try_for_agents, ":cur_agent"),
     (agent_get_troop_id, ":cur_agent_troop", ":cur_agent"),
     (this_or_next|eq,":cur_agent_troop","trp_madame_1"),
     (this_or_next|eq,":cur_agent_troop","trp_madame_2"),
     (this_or_next|eq,":cur_agent_troop","trp_madame_3"),
     (this_or_next|eq,":cur_agent_troop","trp_madame_4"),
     (this_or_next|eq,":cur_agent_troop","trp_madame_5"),
     (this_or_next|eq,":cur_agent_troop","trp_madame_6"),
     (this_or_next|eq,":cur_agent_troop","trp_madame_7"),
     (this_or_next|eq, ":cur_agent_troop", "trp_fugitive"),
     (this_or_next|eq, ":cur_agent_troop", "trp_belligerent_drunk"),
     (eq, ":cur_agent_troop", "trp_hired_assassin"),
     (agent_set_team, ":cur_agent", 1),
     (assign, "$g_main_attacker_agent", ":cur_agent"),
     (agent_ai_set_aggressiveness, ":cur_agent", 199),
(try_end),

As for the screwage, that came from my trying to add strumpets as town walkers.  Along with customized dialog of course.  Got them to spawn, except the result was that there were townies that had no dialog options and would attack the player when he got too close.  That was actually fun too, attacking them would draw the guards and the end result was the same as prison break, except the player party remained at the town coordinates.  Never could get the custom dialog working, but maybe I'll try again later.
4a0f3c71.jpg

Finally, I'd like to force rest at the center if you choose either the all or one option for a good romp.  I'm thinking of borrowing the code where you get thrown into prison if you lose a fight to the center guards.  Haven't been able to find all of it as of yet and I assume a stupid trigger will be required?  Would there be a better way of going about this?  Additionally, it seems as if a sound f/x music track being called here would be fun.

Are your madame troops before or after the minstrels? In either case you do not want the range to overlap. Since you're borrowing on the minstrel's dialog, what I suggest you do is change script_update_tavern_minstrels and either create a new center slot for them or use the minstrel's slot if you don't want to change the tavern  menu for them to show up separately.

You will get a nordic sword because that's what the tavernkeeper's dialog gives you by default. Change the item to $g_attacker_drawn_weapon or something.

You can use rest_for_hours directly from dialog - if you want to exit the scene, use finish_mission, if you want to exit the town entirely, assign $g_leave_town to be 1.

Ashmond said:
  I want a fade-out with the proper sounds that would reflect that sort of thing,

you might have to rip some audio from some *cough* adult videos *cough*

assuming your talking about raping the strumpets...which i think you are, at least you have the option too, it would probably sound different then actually paying for services (which i would imagine could include some cheesy "oh so big" lines or something), the glorious power of the internet will provide you some "raped" voices... if your willing to search.

Somebody said:
Are your madame troops before or after the minstrels? In either case you do not want the range to overlap. Since you're borrowing on the minstrel's dialog, what I suggest you do is change script_update_tavern_minstrels and either create a new center slot for them or use the minstrel's slot if you don't want to change the tavern  menu for them to show up separately.
In module troops, the madames are listed just above the minstrels.  The example I used explained something about having to do this in a screwy way to get the troops to show up...the minstrels override them or... but I can't find that post and can't recall for what I was searching.  Meanwhile, I'll look into that script you mention.  Maybe I can manage to copy it and point it to the madames and the slot I created.  Currently, the slot I have:

Code:
slot_center_ransom_broker         = 95
slot_center_tavern_traveler       = 96
slot_center_traveler_info_faction = 97
slot_center_tavern_bookseller     = 98
slot_center_tavern_minstrel       = 99

slot_center_tavern_madame         = 101
Somebody said:
You will get a nordic sword because that's what the tavernkeeper's dialog gives you by default. Change the item to $g_attacker_drawn_weapon or something.
Ah, so it's in the dialog and not the script.  Figures.  And I do wish there were a list of all those default globals...
Somebody said:
You can use rest_for_hours directly from dialog - if you want to exit the scene, use finish_mission, if you want to exit the town entirely, assign $g_leave_town to be 1.
Thanks for that!  You probably just saved me hours of WTFs.  :grin:

Malik Faris said:
Ashmond said:
  I want a fade-out with the proper sounds that would reflect that sort of thing,

you might have to rip some audio from some *cough* adult videos *cough*

assuming your talking about raping the strumpets...which i think you are, at least you have the option too, it would probably sound different then actually paying for services (which i would imagine could include some cheesy "oh so big" lines or something), the glorious power of the internet will provide you some "raped" voices... if your willing to search.

Yes, you are correct.  But that's what I'm asking, wouldn't that be a little too over the top?  As it stands, the player can either fight the madame, or have the fade-out effects.  I want the fade-out for myself, sort of an experimental type thing.  What I really want is a cutscene, but investigation shows that this would be much more complicated than I had imagined.  The only thing about using external media/items is that I'll have to provide them.  Which I have the means, but all I want this to be is a simple kit for whoever to use however.  I guess if they can use a kit then they can add their own media/items, eh?

I have two advices,
First advice, If you manage to insert them, you could make option to lower honour of player if he share the bed whith prostitutes.

The second advice is, that there are good resources for making prostitute outfit on the modding community. You might take a look at the mod Matriarch:Rise of Rhibhin, there are a few female dresses which would be very good for a medieval prostitute, i think Tronghar might give you permission to use them (he gave me permission to use them in my mod, altough i used them for different reasons)

Well, as it stands, the player gains a bit of honor if he buys a round for his troops.  He loses honor if he buys only for himself or if he rapes(tries to rape) the prostitutes.  But, the troops morale still enjoy a slight boost of 5 with the rape.(still confused if this is actual rape or robbery)  If fighting with the madame remains, then I'll remove that because it would be a failed attempt.  Wow, this leads me to another desire - to have random chance of either fighting(failure) or going to the fade-out(success).  Getting way ahead of myself here...

And I'll check that mod you mention, thanks Alexandru.

there are a couple firefox plugins that let you directly download videos from websites "such as" you tube, and i'm sure there a plenty of audio riping programs.

it would just be alot of work on your part to screen these videos for the right audio  :wink:

if you got some... "tasteful" audio it would work, but some "COME OVER HERE AND **** ME WITH THAT BIG **** I LOVE IT IN THE ***, would be kinda crappy, maybe just some opening "ooo"s and "aaa"s

:lol:  I agree Malik.  I wouldn't want to tarnish this game to that point. 

After searching for that mod Alexandru referenced, I couldn't find it but I found lots of other stuff involving armors, nudity and vulgarities.  I want to avoid all of that while remaining realistic as possible, to satisfy even the most discerning user who may consider trying this kit.

I understand now why the armor replaces the body and why the skin is used as it is.  What would really be nice is some type of layer or channel that could use the various skin colors on the armor itself.  That way if someone tried nudity, it would look stupid, while problems like that last screenshot I posted would not look so stupid.

Does anyone know where the mod Alexandru_cel_Mare mentioned is located?  Search failure here.

Ashmond, the mod is here:
http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=1686

And screens of models:

And this:

As i said, i used them for common female outfit, but they could be used for representing medieval prostitutes.

Wow.  Those are stunning Alexandru.  I've gotten them and will check it out later. 

Can anyone tell me if there's a way to append two separate starts to a dialog tuple?  Or if there is a better way to go about this?

I need to get these two working in conjunction with one another at the start:

[anyone, "start",[(is_between, "$g_talk_troop", tavern_madame_begin, "trp_tavern_minstrel_1"),],
  "{My lord/My lady}. What can I, a humble servant of the flesh do for ye?", "madame_talk",[(play_sound, "snd_mmm"),]],

[anyone,"madame_pretalk",[(store_current_hours,":cur_hours"),(lt,":cur_hours", "$buy_strumpets_last_time"),],"{s68}","close_window",[]],

Okay, the standard works.  I'm afraid of that unused global during the initial contact.  Is that always going to be zero?

Code:
  [anyone, "start",
	[
		(store_current_hours,":cur_hours"),
		(ge,":cur_hours","$buy_strumpets_last_time"),
		(is_between, "$g_talk_troop", tavern_madame_begin, "trp_tavern_minstrel_1"),
	],   "{My lord/My lady}. What can I, a humble servant of the flesh do for ye?", "madame_talk",[(play_sound, "snd_mmm"),]],

[anyone,"start",
	[
		(lt,":cur_hours", "$buy_strumpets_last_time"),
	],"{s68}","close_window",[]],

Here is a working sample for anyone interested.  Add your clothing and choose your face code for the troops, they're using common native stuff.  The stats/weapon mean nothing right now.

In header_common.py you have a choice of adding the string or skipping this step and just changing the instances of s68 to a normal string number in the dialog:
Code:
s68 = 68

In module_dialogs.py add:
Code:
#madame

[anyone, "start",
	[
		(ge,":cur_hours","$buy_strumpets_last_time"),
	],   "{My lord/My lady}. What can I, a humble servant of the flesh do for ye?", "madame_talk",[]],

[anyone,"start",
	[
		(lt,":cur_hours", "$buy_strumpets_last_time"),
	],"{s68}","close_window",[]],

[anyone, "madame_choose",[],"{playername}, I am at ye service anyway ye like.", "madame_talk",[]],

[anyone|plyr, "madame_talk", 
	[	
		(gt, ":cur_hours", "$buy_strumpets_last_time"),
		(party_get_num_companions,reg30,"p_main_party"),
                (gt,reg30,1),#hot fix
                (store_mul,reg35,reg30,10),
                (store_troop_gold,":gold","trp_player"),        
                (ge,":gold",reg35),	
	],"We work hard, now we need play. On the to bedrolls, come what may this day!","madame_ans1",
		[
			(store_current_hours,":fut_hours"),
			(val_add, ":fut_hours", 24),
			(assign, "$buy_strumpets_last_time", ":fut_hours"),
                ]
       ],

[	
		(store_troop_gold,":gold","trp_player"),
		(ge,":gold",15),
		(gt,":cur_hours", "$buy_strumpets_last_time"),
	],"Just ye and me, Madame Royale.", "madame_ans2",
		[
			(val_add, ":fut_hours", 12),
               ]
  ],

[
	       (gt,":cur_hours", "$buy_strumpets_last_time"),
       ],"Filthy whore, I love war!", "madame_angry",
	      [
		     (val_add, ":fut_hours", 18),
	       ]
  ],

[anyone|plyr, "madame_talk", [],"Maybe later.", "close_window",[]],

[anyone, "madame_ans1", [], 
  "To the gods and goddesses we shall dedicate our orgy!^{playername}, a fee of {reg35} denars should suffice for our trife.","madame_ans1a",[]],

[anyone, "madame_ans2", [],"{playername} is selfish I see, 15 will suffice for ye and me.", "madame_ans2a",[]],

[anyone|plyr, "madame_ans2a", [],"Then ye and me it shall be, here are your 15 coins.", "close_window",
	[
		(troop_remove_gold, "trp_player", 15),(call_script, "script_change_player_party_morale", -5),
		(call_script, "script_change_player_honor", -1),
		(add_xp_as_reward, 10),
		(str_store_string,s68,"str_madame_paid"),
		(rest_for_hours,4,5,0),
		(assign,"$g_leave_town",1),
        ]
   ],

[anyone|plyr, "madame_ans2a", [],"Actually, I'm not feeling it.", "madame_choose",[]],

[anyone|plyr, "madame_ans1a", [],"To the higher powers! Here are yer {s30} coins.", "close_window",
    [
		(troop_remove_gold, "trp_player", reg35),
		(call_script, "script_change_player_relation_with_faction_ex", "$g_talk_troop_faction", 5),
		(call_script, "script_change_player_party_morale", 20),
		(call_script, "script_change_player_honor", 5),
		(call_script, "script_change_player_relation_with_center", "$current_town",5),
		(add_xp_as_reward, 100),
		(str_store_string,s68,"str_madame_group"),
		(rest_for_hours,12,5,0),
		(assign,"$g_leave_town",1),
	]
  ],

[anyone|plyr, "madame_ans1a", [],"Actually, I'm not feeling it.", "madame_choose",[]],

[anyone, "madame_angry", [],
  "Oh? Everyone! {playername} is an impotent flounder!  And ye expect to rule when ye are not virile enough for me?  The people will hear of this!", "close_window",
  [(call_script, "script_change_player_relation_with_faction_ex","$g_talk_troop_faction", -5),(str_store_string,s68,"str_madame_offended"),]],  

#/madame

In module_strings.py add:
Code:

("madame_offended","Dare ye to name me whore and now ye are back for more?^Leave me be {Mister/Sister} 'Holy'."),
  ("madame_paid","{playername}, I have other folks need tending.  Come again later"),
  ("madame_group","Oh, {playername} back for more? Last time was great fun but^I fear we all need more rest. Please, do try again later, it'll be fun!"),

In module_constants.py add:
You must list them as shown, otherwise the madames will not appear:
Code:
#Madame
tavern_madame_begin = "trp_madame_1"
tavern_madame_end   = "trp_kingdom_heroes_including_player_begin"
tavern_minstrels_begin = "trp_tavern_minstrel_1"
tavern_minstrels_end   = "trp_kingdom_heroes_including_player_begin"

In module_troops.py add: - must be placed right above the minstrels
Code:
# Madame
["madame_1","Madame Ysabella","madame",tf_mounted|tf_hero|tf_female|tf_guarantee_armor|tf_guarantee_boots,0,reserved,fac_kingdom_of_swadians,[itm_court_dress,itm_leather_boots,itm_dagger],str_20|agi_30|int_12|cha_18|level(50),wp(300),knows_ironflesh_10|knows_athletics_10,0x00000003bf0030067ff7fbffefff6dff00000000001f6dbf0000000000000000],
["madame_2","Madame Matill'","madame",tf_mounted|tf_hero|tf_female|tf_guarantee_armor|tf_guarantee_boots,0,reserved,fac_kingdom_of_nords,[itm_court_dress,itm_leather_boots,itm_dagger],str_20|agi_30|int_12|cha_18|level(50),wp(300),knows_ironflesh_10|knows_athletics_10,0x00000003bf0030067ff7fbffefff6dff00000000001f6dbf0000000000000000],
["madame_3","Madame Iuliana","madame",tf_mounted|tf_hero|tf_female|tf_guarantee_armor|tf_guarantee_boots,0,reserved,fac_kingdom_of_rhodoks,[itm_court_dress,itm_leather_boots,itm_dagger],str_20|agi_30|int_12|cha_18|level(50),wp(300),knows_ironflesh_10|knows_athletics_10,0x00000003bf0030067ff7fbffefff6dff00000000001f6dbf0000000000000000],
["madame_4","Madame Gunnilda","madame",tf_mounted|tf_hero|tf_female|tf_guarantee_armor|tf_guarantee_boots,0,reserved,fac_kingdom_of_vaegirs,[itm_court_dress,itm_leather_boots,itm_dagger],str_20|agi_30|int_12|cha_18|level(50),wp(300),knows_ironflesh_10|knows_athletics_10,0x00000003bf0030067ff7fbffefff6dff00000000001f6dbf0000000000000000],
["madame_5","Madame Cecilia","madame",tf_mounted|tf_hero|tf_female|tf_guarantee_armor|tf_guarantee_boots,0,reserved,fac_kingdom_of_khergits,[itm_court_dress,itm_leather_boots,itm_dagger],str_20|agi_30|int_12|cha_18|level(50),wp(300),knows_ironflesh_10|knows_athletics_10,0x00000003bf0030067ff7fbffefff6dff00000000001f6dbf0000000000000000],
["madame_6","Madame Aylufa","madame",tf_mounted|tf_hero|tf_female|tf_guarantee_armor|tf_guarantee_boots,0,reserved,fac_kingdom_of_sarranids,[itm_court_dress,itm_leather_boots,itm_dagger],str_20|agi_30|int_12|cha_18|level(50),wp(300),knows_ironflesh_10|knows_athletics_10,0x00000003bf0030067ff7fbffefff6dff00000000001f6dbf0000000000000000],
["madame_7","Madame Lysken","madame",tf_mounted|tf_hero|tf_female|tf_guarantee_armor|tf_guarantee_boots,0,reserved,fac_player_supporters_faction,[itm_court_dress,itm_leather_boots,itm_dagger],str_20|agi_30|int_12|cha_18|level(60),wp(300),knows_ironflesh_10|knows_athletics_10,0x00000003bf0030067ff7fbffefff6dff00000000001f6dbf0000000000000000],
# Tavern minstrel.

In module_simple_triggers.py add just the one line with "tavern_madames", the rest is there for reference
Code:
(24,
   [
     (call_script, "script_update_tavern_madames"),#add this line
     (call_script, "script_update_mercenary_units_of_towns"),
     (call_script, "script_update_ransom_brokers"),
     (call_script, "script_update_tavern_travellers"),
     (call_script, "script_update_tavern_minstrels"),
     (call_script, "script_update_booksellers"),
     (call_script, "script_update_villages_infested_by_bandits")

In module_game_menu.py add:
Code:
      ("camp_cheat_6",[],"{!}Scramble madames.",
       [
         (call_script, "script_update_tavern_madames"),
        ]
       ),
You'll also need to renumber the menu items, with the result as so:
Code:
      ("camp_cheat_5",[],"{!}Scramble minstrels.",
       [
        ]
       ),

("camp_cheat_6",[],"{!}Scramble madames.",
       [
         (call_script, "script_update_tavern_madames"),
        ]
       ),	   

("camp_cheat_7",[],"{!}Infinite camp"

In module_scripts.py add: - look for the reference and add "tavern_madames"
Code:
      (call_script, "script_update_tavern_madames"),#add this line
      (call_script, "script_update_mercenary_units_of_towns"),
      (call_script, "script_update_companion_candidates_in_taverns"),
      (call_script, "script_update_ransom_brokers"),
      (call_script, "script_update_tavern_travellers"),
      (call_script, "script_update_booksellers"),

(try_for_range, ":village_no", villages_begin, villages_end),

Search for update_tavern_minstrel and add, just above it:
Code:
          #script_update_tavern_madames
          # INPUT: none
          # OUTPUT: none
          ("update_tavern_madames",
            [(try_for_range, ":town_no", towns_begin, towns_end),
                (party_set_slot, ":town_no", slot_center_tavern_minstrel, 0),
                (try_end),
                (try_for_range, ":troop_no", tavern_madame_begin, "trp_tavern_minstrel_1"),
                (store_random_in_range, ":town_no", towns_begin, towns_end),
                (party_set_slot, ":town_no", slot_center_tavern_minstrel, ":troop_no"),                
              (try_end),                          
          ]),

#script_update_tavern_minstels
There is no need for a new slot, this uses an existing one.  Also, in try_for_range the troop minstrel 1 is listed as such to overcome the screwy way we are forced to list them in constants.
Once you chose an option, you must leave the town, then your party will "rest" at that town for X hours.  There is your "health bonus" and the rest to your imagination.

Feedback and suggestions about the code or dialog itself welcomed.  Though this is novelty type stuff, hopefully you'll find that it adds a fresh dimension to your game play.  A new game is required.

Edited a few paste errors. 
-Added hotfix.   

ok so have tested this and here are my results

first thing is great job on the instructions very easy to follow and very easy to get results

the only thing any one has to do is make sure you put the dialog before the book merchants other wise this is the result

mb38.jpg

mb39d.jpg

mb40.jpg

mb41.jpg

mb42.jpg

mb43.jpg

i like the results you get from using these "ladies", i just have one question when i purchased the orgy I gained honor with the khergits while i was in the lands of the vageirs and the vageirs became suspicious of me, is this suppose to work like this ?

also i like how once you use one you cant just warp off to another location to use different one to gain moral or honor :grin: or even lose it :razz:
just more screen shots of good results
mb44.jpg

mb46.jpg

i will prolly change their looks later on

Back
Top Bottom