Ye olde mount&blade v.601 for download

Users who are viewing this thread

Ingolifs

Grandmaster Knight
Here's an old version for mount&blade, version 0.601 that I uploaded on rapidshare. Download if you like to see a bit of history. It's amazing what has and hasn't changed.

Btw, Armagan i'll remove the file if you don't want it here for any reason.

http://rapidshare.de/files/19124940/mount_and_blade_0601_setup.exe.html

Also, don't place this in your current m&b folder. You wouldn't want to replace your current one for this one.

Well, items look the same, but, please don't hurt me, i beleive that the ground texture in .601 looks Better than it does now!

Attacking animations, = Gay. Crosshairs for Every weapon.

And, since i coulsn't even see my mouse courser, that's all i can say.....

Back when I were a lad, each 'n' ever'y one of us 'ad a crosshair. And we were greatful.

Pah, you 'ad it lucky! When I were a lad, all the weapons used to aim for themselves!

Paradise... When I were a lad, there were a screen, but we could do nothing. We saw our characters gettin' 'emselves killed and slaugthered, and there were nothing we could do. It were like a random movie!

(The last one - there is a game like that. Well, I say "game")

Cymro said:
Back when I were a lad, each 'n' ever'y one of us 'ad a crosshair. And we were greatful.

Pah, you 'ad it lucky! When I were a lad, all the weapons used to aim for themselves!

Paradise... When I were a lad, there were a screen, but we could do nothing. We saw our characters gettin' 'emselves killed and slaugthered, and there were nothing we could do. It were like a random movie!

(The last one - there is a game like that. Well, I say "game")

Ahhh, there is nothing like a Monty to start a day...

Sneak, the reason for the grass texture looking better might be because the texture detail is automatically set to 60 on the newer versions, while it would've been 100 (if it even existed at all) on the older versions.

Another interesting feature is that it takes an age to swing your weapon. Which made the training much more diffiult at the start.

When we first got the new animations, I was astounded by how ferocious they were.

Here's some shots from the old .601 version.

A guy in not-so-shiny armour with an awkward stabbing animation.

You can't forget warrider damage. (it came into action when you were going fast on horse and hit a guy wiht a sword)

And Couched lance damage was a little different, it was called triple damage!

Battlefields were quiet. I couldn't even hear the shouts and hits of the people in this picture.

The baggage object was different too. I don't even know what this is meant to be.

You could do a lot more with lances then than you can now. You can block with them, swing with them, even thrust with them while on horseback and do large amounts of damage (like 55 from a normal horseback thrust) The weapon also swung a lot faster, too.

A glimpse of the old party system. I don't know what a mujik is, but I do know that they upgrade linearly to knight without branching. Also, I miss the ability to upgrade them all at once.

Some of the hidden towns that would only appear if you cheated and pressed ctrl + t. They didn't work though, you'd get an error trying to access them.

More hidden goodies.

Sorry about the border on the screenshots.

You may also notice that in some shots, my fps is higher than 150. There was no cap on fps back then, and I could hear my computer whining every now and then.

I notices a couple of other differences, one being that everything looked just a little bit larger and blockier. Another being that Dranton had really crappy stats, with a level of 13, and proficiencies below 100.

Sir Prince said:
I think that baggage thing is supposed to be a wooden pot. Also I think Warrider damage sounds a little cool.

As far as i know, it's just when your speed damage is over 25% or somethign like that.

you mean like 25% speed bonus?

no.

Warrider damage was just a general damage associated with moving horses. It was replaced with the relative speed bonus system, it wasn't part of it in any way.

Ingolifs said:
you mean like 25% speed bonus?

no.

Warrider damage was just a general damage associated with moving horses. It was replaced with the relative speed bonus system, it wasn't part of it in any way.

Really? oh ok. :oops:

Well, i still can't see my dam mouse coursor......

Ah well, back to verision .751

Ingolifs said:
Can't see your mouse cursor?

I did notice in the old version, when you alt-tab out, and back again, your cursor disappears. You have to alt-tab again for it to reapear.

Hmmm... that could explain it a bit.

Well, it's ok i guess. but i prefer the combat of .751 now, don't know why, it's much more fun.

Ingolifs said:
I'll second that. Combat in .601 seems so awkward. It's probably mainly due to no ability to select attack direction, the ugly animations and the slow attacks.

Also, the archery seems less acurate, and the crosshairs are awful.

Back
Top Bottom