Yarn of insignificant questions

Users who are viewing this thread

I have yet to hear about any pregnant men in existence
it happens plenty. the reason you don't hear about it often is because the last time the concept was controversial enough to be news was when it got a segment on oprah literally 15 years ago. just because the culture war is spinning the transphobia machine up to the next gear this year doesn't mean these things are new.
Do they really need this much inclusivity? Because this is just alienating a lot of people.
this is a dumb way of thinking and you are dumb for thinking it. both because it's literally an emoji, get the **** over yourself who the **** cares one way or the other, but also because this kind of "this far but no further" status quo liberalism is just braindead caping for bigots.

seriously, "alienating people"?? it's a ****ing emoji. were the racists "alienated" when they added skin tone emojis? were you anxious about that? did that matter at all? did literally anyone meaningfully notice or care? jesus christ

addit:
you say "even" as if it's surprising or strange. he literally bought twitter because he was mad twitter started taking action against transphobia. it's not surprising that he's a piece of **** about this just like he's a piece of **** about most other things he does.

In Denmark we have the "sociolance". An ambulance for people with social problems (drug abuse, homelessness etc.)
Do you have that in your country?
In my country (some of) the local councils hire trained police rejects to unlawfully harass and bully homeless people.
My local city does (did before covid, not sure now) have a volunteer run bus thing to help people out who don't necessarily need hospital treatment but I think it mostly deals with drunk people at night, never seen it out during the day.

this is a dumb way of thinking and you are dumb for thinking it. both because it's literally an emoji, get the **** over yourself who the **** cares one way or the other, but also because this kind of "this far but no further" status quo liberalism is just braindead caping for bigots.
Thanks, I missed that high horsing around and calling people stupid bigots.
While I personally couldn't care less if there's an emoji of a tall trans horse, everyone has a line that says "this far but no further" and this is simply straining credibility of the trans movement. So, you kind of didn't convince me with your usual helpful explanation that the problem is me.
seriously, "alienating people"?? it's a ****ing emoji. were the racists "alienated" when they added skin tone emojis? were you anxious about that? did that matter at all? did literally anyone meaningfully notice or care? jesus christ
Well, the ordinary people (you might not know them), when presented with this by a lgbt-hostile talking head will be alienated. It makes their work so much easier. Congratulations on being part of that! The trans people need all the hate they can get??
I really hope I'm wrong on this and merely a sad old dog that can't learn new things, to quote Bill Murray. I'm sure there were well-intentioned people saying similar things about gay activism and they were wrong in the long run.
I do care about how it affects current politics through cultural warfare, and the moderate left (my guys) is suffering because of this.
99.9% of humanity will use it to bully fat dudes, I see no gain.

Even Elon Musk is already doing just that
Thank you for the hint, now I'm telling people who object over the emoji that it's meant to represent them, as fat losers. Simple comebacks are effective.

Last edited:
99.9% of humanity will use it to bully fat dudes, I see no gain.

Even Elon Musk is already doing just that

It's like how people from parts of asia and eastern europe use the "eye rolling" emoji to mean "i am confused and want to ask a question", causing even more confusion when people tell them to stop being such assholes.

RE: How To...Add Units Bannerlord???? Modding??

The skin tone emojis were bad because they turned social media into Rhodesia. But besides that, allowing iPhone and a couple of other companies to dictate each new wave of emoji, and thus give their own westernised ideas about sexuality, gives an impression of "emoji are being run by White Americans" to people outside the west (i.e. 90% of people who use emojis on a daily basis), and furthering the idea that gay and trans people are something the west has invented.

Either way, it is a very western thing to even care about this one way or the other. I searched "pregnant man emoji" in every language I could think of on Facebook and Twitter and got virtually nothing. I think the Middle Finger emoji back in 2015 was the last straw for conservatives south of the equator (where some Indian officials tried to sue whatsapp and most of my extended family got annoyed), and they've stopped trying to push back on it.

@MadVader no you actually gotta answer. were you bothered when they added the skintone ones? weren't you worried about the poor racists being alienated? or are you just being a hypocrite again? cause if you insist on being worried about this one, you do realise it's either or, right?

and no, i didn't say you were the problem. i said you were being dumb. and i said it doesn't matter. that's not saying you are the problem. i also didn't call you (or anyone, for that matter) a "stupid bigot". i said you were caping for them, which you are.

it's literally an emoji. who gives a ****. how are you not embarrassed about caring about the people whose feelings are hurt by an emoji? how do you think they have anything meaningful to give you?

"this is straining the credibility of the trans movement" :lol: yeah my ****ing ass. this literally doesn't matter one bit. the people who are mad about it are idiots who want trans people dead to begin with, nobody else really cares. **** off with this.
Thanks, I missed that high horsing around and calling people stupid bigots.
and you can take your smug affrontedness and shove it up your ass. i may be being blunt with you but at least i'm not a pitiable reactionary troll that keeps endlessly snidely dogwhistling and posting backhanded insults. besides which, you literally asked for me. :iamamoron:

Either way, it is a very western thing to even care about this one way or the other.
this is my point. one way or the other, giving a **** is absurd.

@MadVader no you actually gotta answer. were you bothered when they added the skintone ones? weren't you worried about the poor racists being alienated? or are you just being a hypocrite again? cause if you insist on being worried about this one, you do realise it's either or, right?
Yeah, you are just being tiresome here and shouting obscenities. I don't have to defend myself from this bull****. You figure it out.
and no, i didn't say you were the problem. i said you were being dumb. and i said it doesn't matter. that's not saying you are the problem. i also didn't call you (or anyone, for that matter) a "stupid bigot". i said you were caping for them, which you are.

it's literally an emoji. who gives a ****. how are you not embarrassed about caring about the people whose feelings are hurt by an emoji? how do you think they have anything meaningful to give you?
They are ordinary people, some of them easily swayed by propaganda. Or in your world "fascism enablers". :iamamoron:
They are important in a democracy as voters, that's why I care. They can vote in Trumps and then you will cry.
"this is straining the credibility of the trans movement" :lol: yeah my ****ing ass. this literally doesn't matter one bit. the people who are mad about it are idiots who want trans people dead to begin with, nobody else really cares. **** off with this.
Life is so simple when you can call anyone you disagree with a fascist or a commie. Which is why we have these useless culture wars in the first place, it's the extremists that fuel them.

Pregnant "men" exist, and you can choose not to use the emoji.
I remember (all of us, I think) when emoticons/emojis were "smileys" and there were 5-10 little yellow faces to choose from.
Now it's a political battlefield, about guns, sex and race, and only a small group of people actually care.

Yeah, you are just being tiresome here and shouting obscenities.
it's funny because the quoted section contains no obscenities :iamamoron:
r in your world "fascism enablers". :iamamoron:
Life is so simple when you can call anyone you disagree with a fascist or a commie.
i did not say "fascist" even once.
usually you're better at your bad faith bit than this. smh.

look. people who are both "ordinary" and actually care about this functionally don't exist. you're twisting yourself in knots about an imagined demographic. the going thing for people who don't like trans folk is, at present, about calling them "groomers" and/or shooting them. i don't think emojis meaningfully factor in, we're way beyond that. the person who was totally going to vote dem/labour/[your choice] till they saw the pregnant man emoji is a construct you have invented in your brain.

and that's without even getting into the bit where the people who made the emoji are, yaknow, not really involved in politics? and the "trans movement" is neither creating emojis nor running for office? it's not like there's a centralised org controlling the whole thing.
tldr your concern is just a bizarre fantasy.

it's funny because the quoted section contains no obscenities :iamamoron:
The other parts did and the tone was certainly there.
i did not say "fascist" even once.
usually you're better at your bad faith bit than this. smh.
Your self-control is amazing. I know you wanted to though.
Joking aside, you know what I meant, it's a hard-left meme.
look. people who are both "ordinary" and actually care about this functionally don't exist. you're twisting yourself in knots about an imagined demographic. the going thing for people who don't like trans folk is, at present, about calling them "groomers" and/or shooting them. i don't think emojis meaningfully factor in, we're way beyond that. the person who was totally going to vote dem/labour/[your choice] till they saw the pregnant man emoji is a construct you have invented in your brain.
You are warping this in all ways possible contrary to reality, just to avoid an unpleasant truth.
The ordinary people exist. Many of them can be persuaded to vote for or against the left or the right, if you can push the correct buttons. While they might not care about trans news, trans news are brought to them typically by tabloids, who typically use the same scare stories as the right-wing. One of these is the pregnant man emoji, it's simple to understand, easy to mock and project into. People like Piers Morgan commented on it (a bottomfeeder, but a well-known one.) News channels commented on it, because of the slight controversy.
This affects people. Of course they care more about the economy and jobs, but if their attitude towards trans, lgbt and progressives in general is colored by ridicule and fear (they'll make your kids trans!), they might vote for the right-wing or the far-right populists thriving on culture wars, like Trump or Orban or Bolsonaro to protect them from this threat.

What you refuse to understand is that most of these people are not your enemies. They didn't start as terrible bigots, but they were manipulated into transphobia and hate for progressives by conservative and far-right propaganda. And this propaganda finds its best material from the far-left and progressive "achievements" such as pregnant man emojis. So it's very much related to what the progressives do and how vulnerable they make their causes by going to ridiculous virtue signalling levels.
and that's without even getting into the bit where the people who made the emoji are, yaknow, not really involved in politics? and the "trans movement" is neither creating emojis nor running for office? it's not like there's a centralised org controlling the whole thing.
tldr your concern is just a bizarre fantasy.
LGBT pressure groups actually long advocated for a pregnant man emoji. Apple responds to this, they don't invent ideologies.
So, your defense is just a poor deflection that takes two minutes to dismantle. Try harder.

What I'm advocating is for the mainstream LGBT movement not to throw support for every new inclusivity fad that would please a very few people and alienate many more. Tell your people I said this, Monty.

a capital letter, dude.
Since you wrote that, I want to ask an insignificant question about a capital letter. I always try to follow the rules I know of when writing something but some people here have forum names not starting with a capital letter. Like, mexxico who was a developer or stevepine, a forum user.

So how do you approach this when writing their names? I mean, when you want to mention mexxico in a post, do you write his name with a capital letter like Mexxico or you stick to the original and write mexxico.

I prefer to stick to the original but I always had this question as an insignificant thing in the back of my head. So what do you guys think?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom