Yarn of insignificant questions

Users who are viewing this thread

kurczak said:
Not taking the opportunity to be smug and educate him on the differences between England, Great Britain and the United Kingdom and then offering him a spot of some lovely opium you got down in Canton.

Most of the world calls Britain "England" and from a state continuation point of view, they're right. No other state in history has completely changed their name, flag and overall branding just by annexing a few sheep farmers. "United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland" has to be the most pretentious, unwarrantedly self-important name of anything, ever.

And get banned? I'm not falling for that, tovarishch

Interestingly enough the dad said something like "landlords are slavemasters of modernity". It's really, really easy to forget that this is still a nominally communist country and that the older generations are literally maoists. There are hammer and sickles everywhere, political posters all over the shop, and Mao's face is here and there, but my brain is still telling me that this is the epicentre of capitalism and always has been.

No. Some very specific and elaborate phrasings about future actions of that group could be considered solicitation of a violent crime, but even then the speech has to be considered likely to make teh terrorist group actually do it.

Back
Top Bottom