Yarn of insignificant questions

Users who are viewing this thread

célibataire volontaire macroniste said:
Calradianın Bilgesi said:
is there any value in translating allah as allah rather than god?
Oh Allah!
You just reminded me how I was watching a movie about Friday Kahlo (Kalho? Khalo?)
The movie was in English, but they randomly added bits in Spanish.
Hello Pedro, how's your mujer? Ahhh she is a puta xD!
There's also a movie based on a book by Garcia Marquez and they do the same ****. people on the street all speak Spanish, but the main characters speak English. But they are not English or American or whatever in the film.
Ay, esé  it is there to remind you the movie is muy exótico, so you have to like it, comprende, pendejo?

His hair went white due to The Aging Process so he started dying it.

Just to confirm:

2lObMuR.png

He dyes it, Bilgesi.

célibataire volontaire macroniste said:
Oh Allah!
You just reminded me how I was watching a movie about Friday Kahlo (Kalho? Khalo?)
The movie was in English, but they randomly added bits in Spanish.
Hello Pedro, how's your mujer? Ahhh she is a puta xD!
There's also a movie based on a book by Garcia Marquez and they do the same ****. people on the street all speak Spanish, but the main characters speak English. But they are not English or American or whatever in the film.

There's a famous soap opera writer in Brazil that likes to give foreign themes for her soap opearas, so some have Turkish, Greek, Lebanese, Indian, etc... characters, all of which can communicate perfectly with the Brazilian characters for some reason except some interjections and little expressions in some of their languages and sometimes a really bad fake accent. I find it completely infuriating and cringeworthy.

Two questions that can be answered with yes or no:

1. If I say something that I don't actually know to be true, but it later turns out to be true, was I telling a lie to begin with?

2. If I'm convinced of something to be real, and it later turns out to be real, was I right all along?

There are several competing conceptions of what constitutes a lie. The conventional definition requires you to believe that your statement is false in order for it to be a lie though (usually with an express intention to deceive). Generally then, truthfulness (concerns belief) and falsity (concerns validity) of a statement are two separate phenomena.

This article, specifically section 1.2, does a fairly good job of discussing the issue.

cool name, also it's not like one of those animals that look like ducks but aren't actually ducks, or so other boring animals that we godrightfully extincted.
Also the extinction wasn't long ago

Back
Top Bottom