Yarn of insignificant questions

Users who are viewing this thread

Just to debunk transphobia because this person doesn't know what he's talking about.

''Some men aren't cut to operate according to the expectations that we've constructed as a society of men...''

From the Wiki:
All societies have a set of gender categories that can serve as the basis of a person's self-identity in relation to other members of society.[6] In most societies, there is a basic division between gender attributes assigned to males and females,[7] a gender binary to which most people adhere and which includes expectations of masculinity and femininity...

Transgender people have a gender identity or gender expression that differs from the sex that they were assigned at birth.[1][2][3] Some transgender people who desire medical assistance to transition from one sex to another identify as transsexual.[4][5]

"Some men want to feel pretty or express themselves along feminine lines..."

There is nothing wrong about wanting to feel pretty. If you've ever heard a MTF person talk about their transition they'll tell you stories how they liked wearing dresses and how good it felt to them when they were a guy. I invite to try a dress on. It's a nice, cute feeling. I've done it.

From the Wiki:
Gender expression, or gender presentation, is a person's behavior, mannerisms, interests, and appearance that are associated with gender in a particular cultural context, specifically with the categories of femininity or masculinity. This also includes gender roles. These categories rely on stereotypes about gender.

i have not lied, i am not upset, and you got 1 warning point because you ignored a verbal warning to cease personal attacks, which is pretty standard procedure.
Don't lie and you won't get called out on it?

i have not lied.

you are replying to a post discussing dysphoric individuals, specifically a question about whether and why there are more trans women than trans men;

1. by saying "Some men aren't cut to operate according to the expectations that we've constructed as a society of men".
this is transphobic, because:
-you are implying trans women are "men who aren't cut to operate according to the expectations that we've constructed as a society of men" and are trans as a result. do i really have to explain further?
whether this is intentional on your part or a result of you not understanding what you were responding to i can't tell you, but it's transphobic either way.

2. by saying "some men want to feel pretty or express femininity".
-you are implying trans women are "men who want to feel pretty or express femininity".
again. they aren't men. they aren't trans as a result of wanting to express femininty. "some men want to express femininity" has literally nothing to do with the subject.

neither "some men want to feel pretty and express femininity" nor "some men aren't cut to operate according to the expectations that we've constructed as a society of men" are appropriate responses to "why are there more trans women than trans men". they are both deeply transphobic in this context. obviously, blatantly transphobic even at the most basic level, because no, trans women are not men. but also because of the deeper problems within both statements. it doesn't help that the original question was asked in a transphobic way.

perhaps you really just didn't read at all the post you responded to but you can't claim innocence by pointing at a gender expression wiki article and "i was just saying it's ok for men to dress feminine if they want". it's completely besides the point. a beautiful goalpost shift. as a respone to "why are there more trans women than trans men" it is still deeply transphobic.

1. by saying "Some men aren't cut to operate according to the expectations that we've constructed as a society of men".
-you are implying trans women are "men who aren't cut to operate according to the expectations that we've constructed as a society of men" and are trans as a result. do i really have to explain further?
Wow. I can't believe you're going to make me explain you words. Why the **** do you think you can insert an implication when everything is written in explicit terms and in accordance with the literature.

"Some men aren't cut to operate according to the expectations that we've constructed as a society of men".

SOME [meaning, NOT ALL (although they are a significant base)]

MEN [NOT necessarily transwomen YET]

2. by saying "some men want to feel pretty or express femininity".
-you are implying trans women are "men who want to feel pretty or express femininity".
again. they aren't men. they aren't trans as a result of wanting to express femininty. "some men want to express femininity" has literally nothing to do with the subject.
You know what MTF trans before their transitions are called? Men. This isn't difficult.
"Some men want to express femininity" is focal to why some people choose to transition. To deny that is to deny a significant base of trans people. I don't where you've got the idea that it doesn't matter. Please remember to link sources how the things I've argued ''have been long debunked'', btw.

neither "some men want to feel pretty and express femininity" nor "some men aren't cut to operate according to the expectations that we've constructed as a society of men" are appropriate responses to "why are there more trans women than trans men". they are both deeply transphobic in this context. obviously, blatantly transphobic even at the most basic level, because no, trans women are not men. but also because of the deeper problems within both statements. it doesn't help that the original question was asked in a transphobic way.
Blablabla please spare me your virtue signalling. I care about achieving mutual understandings. MadVader pretty much opened his legs to being corrected and you took advantage of it to call him transphobic because you can't engage with the subject beyond that. Nothing I said was transphobic and you haven't demonstrated anything except formulating ''that's transphobic'' using more characters.

Here's a question. What's more valuable to you, having someone comply once because they're afraid or comply forever because they agree? If someone says something transphobic but demonstrates that they are open to being corrected, what is the prefered course of action do you think?

I was explaining to someone that 1. the idea of the self is not just an internal process but also one that requires expression outwardly 2. gender is socially consctructed and 3. acknowledging that by virtue of arbitrary social constructs, that expressing oneself as a masculine female may be easier than expressing oneself as a feminine male. Hence, less dysphoria among masculine girls, hence fewer require transitioning to men. This is a perfectly valid hypothesis (and I bet that it's supported) without any sort of transphobic implication. I'm pretty sure even Contrapoints argued that in a society where no one cares about the masculine/feminine dichotomy a lot of people wouldn't have to transition.
perhaps you really just didn't read at all the post you responded to but you can't claim innocence by pointing at a gender expression wiki article and "i was just saying it's ok for men to dress feminine if they want". it's completely besides the point. a beautiful goalpost shift. as a respone to "why are there more trans women than trans men" it is still deeply transphobic.
What the ****? Feeling dissonance as to your gender expression is part of gender dysphoria.

you need to get out of university bro its rotting your mind
It was on a philosophy channel. Philosophy is rotting my mind. But seriously though, it's a good, relevant way of invoking Hegel, imo.

no, actually,
MEN [NOT necessarily transwomen YET]
You know what MTF trans before their transitions are called? Men. This isn't difficult.
this is not in fact correct and a very big mistake to make. i thought you said you knew what you were talking about?

it doesn't really give a good impression for the rest of your lecturing when you don't understand the most basic of concepts of the subject at hand, but alas.

and you took advantage of it to call him transphobic becauseyou can't engage with the subject beyond that.
this is objectively incorrect. my first response was to explain that the numbers he based his question on were changing. i in fact very explicitly did not immediately call out the transphobic way the question was asked, and merely pointed it out after he got pissy at some mild ribbing.

if you can't even accurately portray the events as they occurred, how are we to trust your judgement of the interaction? tut tut.

Blablabla please spare me your virtue signalling.
deeply comical.

edit:
Please remember to link sources how the things I've argued ''have been long debunked'', btw.
"please remember" implies i said i would. i in fact said i would not spend time doing the legwork for a bad faith question. please do keep up.

Inappropriate behavior
Man, I wonder if anyone is buying any of this charade. Why are you so afraid to provide substantive counter-arguments?

this is objectively incorrect. my first response was to explain that the numbers he based his question on were changing. i in fact very explicitly did not immediately call out the transphobic way the question was asked, and merely pointed it out after he exploded at some mild ribbing.

if you can't even accurately portray the events as they occurred, how are we to trust your judgement of the interaction? tut tut.
His reaction was completely justified when he was asking a question out of interest and in good faith and was met with posturing by someone not any better informed than him. You did not attempt to explain anything that would've been accepted by anyone. Please don't have conversations you can't have.

It suddenly clicked for me why some SJWs hate white dudes, including the ones on the left when they have no frame of reference and the most shallow understandings of progressive causes, yet they always demand to be the most obnoxious, smug ****s at the forefront with their 2-dollar takes. Plzzz give me virtue points plzplzplz I derive my confidence from believing I'm a good boy plzzzzzzzzzz. ****ing soy fash.

Well, I might disagree with the phrasing, but he pretty much nailed the problem here.
It's the habit of self-designed trans defenders to assume moral superiority by labeling the Other with insulting labels and rejecting meaningful communication. Ironically, this makes any witnesses that are not on the same trans defender team move away from trans acceptance. Good job.
Also very poor use of moderation powers and lack of necessary self-restraint to de-escalate situations, which again proves his point.

Well, the thing is I would actually like to see those myself. Not because I think you are wrong, but because I don't know as much on the subject as I would like, and I like to learn new things.

He's likely already looked and found nothing (because yes, Monty is, in fact, still a liar). Asking for a source is the most common courtesy, not sure why it offends you so much.

Monty also made some wierd trans exclusionary remarks. This is what happens when you're grossly uninformed and lie about the depth of your knowledge.

Googling unfamiliar stuff is not the best way to learn something. Who knows what transphobic dangers await you on the internet.
I don't know about other people, but I don't have a bookmarked "Index of Transphobic Claims (debunked)" or "How to defend transsexuals by calling everyone transphobic and other ways to prop up your ego."

Then stop being such a lazy useless piece of **** and go on google

What am I googling exactly?

long debunked and deeply transphobic assumptions like "some men aren't cut to operate according to the expectations" or "Some men want to feel pretty or express themselves along feminine lines" are not, in fact, part of the explanation

I don't even know what Monty is talking about here. I don't understand what the above mentioned transphobic assumptions really mean.

But I am sure you know that, and you are just trying to flame (why tho).

Seems to actually work pretty well as a starting point.

Does it? This is the first result I hit looking that up from google.

And anyone who has talked to me more than once in the offtopic section knows that this is not from my search history :smile:

(and to be fair, that is probably a good result, this sure looks like a good compendium of transphobic theories. I don't think it's what Monty had in mind tho)

Back
Top Bottom