Yarn of insignificant questions

Users who are viewing this thread

That would explain why they lost their homeland. England gets invaded by Romans et al, but we are still here- because we didn't have to contend with time travellers popping into our timeline to snaffle people away before the alarm could be raised, unlike the Jewish people.

By the way, were all Jewish victims supposed to have been cremated, then? I thought a lot of people were just buried in mass graves.

Bluehawk Classic said:
The Leuchter Report is frequently cited in denial or minimization tracts. In it, Leuchter somehow arrived at the number of 156 as the highest daily disposal capable of the five crematoria at Auschwitz I and II, in contradiction to figures cited in a letter from the Auschwitz Zentralbauleitung which put the total daily capacity at 4,756. The report was created as part of a legal defence for Ernst Zündel, who was on trial for distributing Holocaust denial literature, so Leuchter was cross-examined. He was found to be unfamiliar with the letter and most other internal SS documents, as well as greatly ill-equipped to make a technical assessment of the camp's architecture and operational procedures.
Aha. Thanks.

DanAngleland said:
By the way, were all Jewish victims supposed to have been cremated, then? I thought a lot of people were just buried in mass graves.

IIRC, that's at least how Treblinka did, initially. But then a little find in Katyn caused them a lightbulb moment about the PR ramifications of mass graves, making them exhume those, make an oversized gasoline grill out of railroad tracks, and do it properly.

I heard once that people with (some types of) colour blindness can 'see through' camouflage.
The colours simply stand out much more than for a person with normal sight.
That means they are useful in war/combat to better spot an enemy.

So why not give troops glasses that make them colourblind so they can spot the enemy?
Does that exist, or are better (technological) products to spot enemies already in use?

I bet such glasses would be much cheaper. I'm starting a company, if anyone wants to invest...

Thermal imaging is more expensive, and takes up more space (not to mention heavier) than a simple pair of glasses.

Another question:
Ever noticed in some interviews the camera shoots from the side while the person is talking - still looking ahead?

Sometimes it's a close-up
nDD-H.jpg

36QDJ.jpg

gE4pU.jpg

YPG2i.jpg

Is there a term for that? What is the purpose of it, from a cinematic perspective?
What would a film school teacher say when introducing it?

(I'd like to punch the person who came up with it)

I'm far from a film professor but if I had to guess I'd say it's probably easier to hold an audiences attention if you have a variety of shots, as opposed to the entire interview being one locked down camera angle.

It also helps with editing (cutting out stuff) when you can switch between camera angles, because then there's no jarring mismatch of poses after removing a cough etc. since the pose would look different from a different angle anyways.

I wouldn't say I'm on the level of an influencer, but I have 12k followers for my rather niche account (financial trading). It takes years of putting out content, engaging with people and being found by using the right hashtags. Content is key on instagram to get noticed.

How do people become instagram influencers? It doesn’t have a retweet/share function so it seems a bit odd to me that people can get themselves known through instagram?

It's pure algorithm. People find stuff using the amorphous "explore" tab which shows you stuff it thinks you'll like, as well as some sponsored stuff. It's like youtube where the algorithm does its own thing and might hide you for random reasons, but Instagram's is even more sophisticated and can guess exactly what's in an image.

I was watching some decomposition videos. A few things I am curious about:
Why the maggots don't eat the skin here, is it because the part is dry as a result of air contact, or is it something about the skin tissue:

Why we don't see any maggots in this sushi decomposition video, and why does it repeatedly shrink and expand?

So that's what gas station sushi starts out as.
I'm guessing the shrink/expand is caused by first dehydration and then gasses produced by the bacteria.
I'm not sure why it's so 'pulsating' though. The gasses escaping at intervals, maybe.

Back
Top Bottom