yall fr doing this rng thing huh...

Users who are viewing this thread

A reason why it is worse in skirmish is because of the fewer players. With larger modes, it averages out in that same match since you have 40 cav players compared to 4 in skirmish.

I talked about this perk in the pinned cavalary discussion. I think its really fine to try something new and we made it in a way that it wouldnt break the competitve scene or something. Its just on one class and the perk it self has been tipped more towards the weak side (getting a random upgraded horse is worth less than getting a upgraded horse you know the stats off), to not start some gambling meta in clan matches. Also it goes a long the tougher horse perk, so if you want to go for a safe upgrade you can do that.

As you can see we are not scared to remove perks that are not picked. With this patch around 20 perks more or less unpicked perks were replaced. So dont pick it if you dont like it, but its definetly better than having a cavalry axe perk.

Looted Horse perk for the Raider
This perk really falls out of line with the usual perks we give. It grants a random horse, so has some “rng” to it (which I'll get to further below) and can even lead to a straight debuff. Purposely this perk is kind of the weaker side (although that's hard to tell), to not suddenly create a weird meta where people hope to get a good “rng” and roll over everyone. Rather that this perk kind of fits the flavour of a “Raider” class and also gives a sneak peak to our new skill perk system. (Yes skill perks are still coming, some time).

This perk is an alternative to tougher horse perk. So if you want to go for a save upgrade you still can.

Which horses can it give?
It can basically give any non sturgia horse. It wont give you camels or upgraded Warhorses (tier 4).

These are the chances to get a horse of a certain Tier:

Tier 0 - 6% (Horse Archer horse)

Tier 1 - 35% (Light Cav horses)

Tier 2 - 18% (Upgraded Light Cav Horses)

Tier 3 - 41% (Warhorses)

By the way, right now in the UI it will seem like you can manipulate the perk, by selecting it again and again, since it shows one of the applicable horses of that perk. Its not showing the one you spawn with though, so have fun trying to cheat the perk, but you'll be disappointed!

I talked about this perk in the pinned cavalary discussion. I think its really fine to try something new and we made it in a way that it wouldnt break the competitve scene or something. Its just on one class and the perk it self has been tipped more towards the weak side (getting a random upgraded horse is worth less than getting a upgraded horse you know the stats off), to not start some gambling meta in clan matches. Also it goes a long the tougher horse perk, so if you want to go for a safe upgrade you can do that.

As you can see we are not scared to remove perks that are not picked. With this patch around 20 perks more or less unpicked perks were replaced. So dont pick it if you dont like it, but its definetly better than having a cavalry axe perk.

Would it be possible for perks to be modded in a way that they affect the amount of gold you have, meaning some perks would cost more than the others?

they should add a perk to peasants that give them random low tier weapons, I really like these kinds of mechanics, they remind me of Partisan Irregulars in napoleonic wars

but I also understand that it doesn't look very competitive in skirmish

That would make them kinda OP tho. They could counter every armor class then.

I don't see an issue with this perk; it's a marginal upgrade and largely probably the weaker choice overall. More fun then anything else; i'd still like to see a 'banner' perk if only for fun on siege.

Do remember though that DOTA; one of the biggest esports games of all time is absolutely laden with RNG in every aspect of its design.

Back
Top Bottom