XP gain for character level bugged

Users who are viewing this thread

PAnZuRiEL

Recruit
What it says on the tin! Something is seriously wrong with XP gain for your overall character level.

As you can see in this pic, I have 14612/20795 XP to advance from level 9 to 10. My smithing skill is at 134 with 2486/10415, so I need 7929 to reach 135.
20200805144722-1.jpg

But as you can see in this pic, I have smithing 135 with 945/10560, meaning I earned 8874 smithing XP ... but my overall level is still 9, with 15570 XP, meaning I only gained 958 XP to my overall character level!
20200805144845-1.jpg

Is this really working as intended?

It is working as intended. Character level experience uses the raw experience, it is not affected by learning rate.
...wait, really? That's terrible. So even if you have a learning rate of 0 in a skill, you still gain character XP for using it?

EDIT: And yeah, 9.26 × 958 = 8871, so I can see you're right.

yep, character xp is completely unaffected by learning rate. This is a deliberate choice as they could have used the same xp they use for the skill but decided to use raw instead (checked the code) so not a bug.

As they have just changed to this system it could easily change in the future, or you could make/use mods to change it to your liking.

yep, character xp is completely unaffected by learning rate. This is a deliberate choice as they could have used the same xp they use for the skill but decided to use raw instead (checked the code) so not a bug.

As they have just changed to this system it could easily change in the future, or you could make/use mods to change it to your liking.
But that seems like it will bloat level more and be worse for character building. You will level even more the more and have more FP and attributes...... but the learning rate will be abysmal. Do you know if learning rate ever stops deceasing or what the maximum level might be with this current system?

Do you know if learning rate ever stops deceasing
Same calculation as before, minimum rate 0:
That graph shows learning rate at level (x is level). A = attribute, F = focus points, S = skill value. If L is negative, the skill is over learning limit and the purple line is the learning rate, if positive the red line is the learning rate.

what the maximum level might be with this current system?
The maximum level is supposed to be 100, it calculates the xp required for 100 levels but if you reach 100 the game crashes since it can't get the required xp for 101 (index out of range). However you won't reach 100.

Those points are the required xp per level with x as level and y as xp. As you can see after level 62 the xp doesn't make sense, this is because they use ints to store required xp which can not go high enough to support the xp required for level 63 onwards.
Taleworlds or modders could easily switch to a long long or some bigger value to fix this issue. Effective max level is 61, after that you would likely either crash or have weird behavior.

Back
Top Bottom