• Please note that we've updated the Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord save file system which requires you to take certain steps in order for your save files to be compatible with e1.7.1 and any later updates. You can find the instructions here.

Resolved Xml File Error On Starting New Game

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

YeahOkh

Recruit
Summary: Game crashes when clicking on New Campaign ,continue campaign or sandbox and multiplayer as well . The game crashes instantly giving this message it Says " Could not load merged xml file correctly: NPCCharactersError: Requested Value "Companion"was not found. Please help
How to Reproduce:
Have you used cheats and if so which: No just downloaded the game again
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU: RTX 3080
GPU Driver Version: 496.49
CPU: Intel i7
RAM: 32GB
Motherboard:
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): 120GB SSD and 1TB HDD

YeahOkh

Recruit
I've ran through the checklist already. The issue still persist... I have seen this question answered on here already but I was having a hard time understanding what they were explaining. If you look at this thread
T
he supporter said,
"Until then you can change these files located under the games installation folder. (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\Modules)
Modules\SandBox\SubModule.xml
Modules\StoryMode\SubModule.xml"

I just don't know what I should change them too... I've linked

uçanbiblo

Community Support
Community Support
M&BWBWF&SNWVC
Hello, i am glad the problem is solved. Please let us know if you encounter any other issues.

Kludgeon

Recruit
Hello, i am glad the problem is solved. Please let us know if you encounter any other issues.
Hey there, I'm experiencing almost the same problem, however for me it says: Could not load merged xml file correctly: ItemsError: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

I tried the checklist but to avail. Any help is much appreciated.

Top Bottom