XML Error - adding custom items

Users who are viewing this thread

dretreage

Recruit
Hi any and all, I need some help.

I am trying to add some crafted items into the game as normal items. As far as I know, I have done everything right but I keep getting an xml error crash when I load a save or start new game. I will link to my module file for review. I am using crafting pieces and templates from other mods, so I copied those into my module and sub module. My only original addition is the atreides_weapons xml which has the weapons I want to add. The crash only occurs when I add these weapon lines to an xml and I cannot figure out why. I've tried adding them to the weapons xml and as standalone with same effect. But if I remove those lines or the separate xml for the weapons, the module loads fine and I can load a campaign with no issue. So it seems to be my items particularly.

I appreciate any help.

Solution
I'm not an expert so this might not be it, but from what I see it could be that your code has <Pieces id instead of <Piece id

<Pieces> and </Pieces> are used to define the list of crafting pieces used on the item, but for individual ones it has to be <Piece id= not <Pieces id=
I'm not an expert so this might not be it, but from what I see it could be that your code has <Pieces id instead of <Piece id

<Pieces> and </Pieces> are used to define the list of crafting pieces used on the item, but for individual ones it has to be <Piece id= not <Pieces id=

Upvote 0
Solution
Back
Top Bottom