Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Platform
Xbox Series X
Graphics mode
Fidelity

Shifter0351

Recruit
Summary: Can't find a way to change appearance after character creation on Xbox.
How to Reproduce:
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):

I know that on PC you can alter your appearance from the map by pressing "V" but I am unable to figure how to on console with a controller. I have found you can alter your banner from the clan menu by clicking on the banner in the upper left corner. But selecting your portrait next to it takes you to the family tree page. Any help would be appreciated.

For the future, dont post this as a bug report (which you have done) as its probably not a bug. there are other threads to post such questions in

as for your question I dont know, but cant you see/change controller button mapping in settings? (idk how console settings look)
try go in to settings and see if there are "menu shortcuts" options under controls as on pc

For the future, dont post this as a bug report (which you have done) as its probably not a bug. there are other threads to post such questions in

as for your question I dont know, but cant you see/change controller button mapping in settings? (idk how console settings look)
try go in to settings and see if there are "menu shortcuts" options under controls as on pc

If you do not know a legitimate answer then please refrain from responding. It's placed in "console bug reports" for a reason, as the xbox changes that allow you to alter your banner works fine yet the character customization does not. If this not a bug and their is no current way to alter your appearance for consoles TaleWorlds is free to respond and close the thread.

so you have looked in the settings and there is no button for it? or there is a button but it doesnt work?
There is no button in the settings. And there is no way to remap buttons, as of yet Clicking on your banner in the clan page portals you to banner customization. Clicking on your portrait, right next to that banner, portals you to your family tree page which can also be reached by simply hitting RB on the clan page. So it's either a bug or they installed two separate ways to reach the family tree with no way to alter your character, that I can find.

Yeah must've been overlooked by the devs (or they didnt wanna add it in, since they did remove it from pc once as well before getting backlash). Clicking on portrait has always opened up family page so thats not a bug in itself, but it's a great idea on how they could have console players access changing appearance since you have limited amount of buttons.

me personally ive never felt need to use that on pc though haha

The reason behind that is there are not enough keys on the controller to actually map that to the game. On the other hand,t hat setting on PC is connected to the cheat mode. Even if there was a way to add the extra button mapping to the controller it would not be available for consoles sadly.

The reason behind that is there are not enough keys on the controller to actually map that to the game. On the other hand,t hat setting on PC is connected to the cheat mode. Even if there was a way to add the extra button mapping to the controller it would not be available for consoles sadly.
Does that mean there is no current way to access the character customization screen after character creation on xbox?

You can find barbers on the towns that allows the players to change the character customization. But there is not a dedicated button for that.
Barbers only allow to change hair (at least it was so on pc last I tried.)

You could easily add getting to the character menu by pressing the character portrait in the clan menu (top left corner, besides the banner) as Shifter0351 said he tried. No need for specified button.

Barbers only allow to change hair (at least it was so on pc last I tried.)

You could easily add getting to the character menu by pressing the character portrait in the clan menu (top left corner, besides the banner) as Shifter0351 said he tried. No need for specified button.
Or just let barbers change everything for a price. That would be easy too.

Or just let barbers change everything for a price. That would be easy too.
that makes no sense for role playing (other than hair), and is just less convenient. I don't really care, I don't play on console and never will. As well as I said I've barely/never used the feature on pc either. But I could see why one would want to, maybe forgot/made something wrong or just want change for any other reason, it should be easily accessible.

that makes no sense for role playing (other than hair), and is just less convenient. I don't really care, I don't play on console and never will. As well as I said I've barely/never used the feature on pc either. But I could see why one would want to, maybe forgot/made something wrong or just want change for any other reason, it should be easily accessible.
I agree. But it would be easier for TaleWorlds to just add the rest of the character customization options to the barber than change something from scratch. Just my opinion. Even if it messes with role playing.

I agree. But it would be easier for TaleWorlds to just add the rest of the character customization options to the barber than change something from scratch. Just my opinion. Even if it messes with role playing.
not from scratch, literally just adding a shortcut/button to access the menu. both are as easy and require like 1 line of code

Summary: Can't find a way to change appearance after character creation on Xbox.
How to Reproduce:
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):

I know that on PC you can alter your appearance from the map by pressing "V" but I am unable to figure how to on console with a controller. I have found you can alter your banner from the clan menu by clicking on the banner in the upper left corner. But selecting your portrait next to it takes you to the family tree page. Any help would be appreciated.
If you have a keyboard, plug it in your console and press "V" to access the character editor.

Back
Top Bottom