Resolved Xbox controller connected via bluetooth frequently stops working at random times

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

Tale Words

Recruit
Summary: So during play while using the Xbox (x-series / x-box one) gaming controller which is windows 11/bluetooth compatible and paired nicely via bluetooth with my new PC (have never paired this with an xbox or anything else), every 5 to 10 minutes the controller will stop working for three to 25 seconds, I'll get a little steam popup/notification thing in the bottom right corner that says "Xbox one controller using configs from [my steam name]" and the Xbox button will flash on and off on the controller during this time. When the button stops flashing 3-25 seconds later and remains continuously on, the controller functions return. I can use mouse and keyboard during this time. Really frustrating, I'm only on the training camp portion of the game but I don't want this to happen in the thick of battle lol. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
How to Reproduce:
Have you used cheats and if so which:
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU: Nvidia 4090 (Asus Strix)
GPU Driver Version:
CPU: Ryzen 9 7950x
RAM: DDR5 6000 (32 GB)
Motherboard: X670E (extreme)
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): SSD: Samsung 990 Pro. (HDD seagate Ironwolf 12TB)

The only one I tried it with is Bannerlord.

I found a workaround though, I use the USB-C cable that comes with the controller, and I’ve had zero issues since. Kind of bummed that I’m not using my cool Bluetooth option, but this works well enough.

PS: happy with the game so far, great job devs.

Back
Top Bottom