Skirmish Xauna

Users who are viewing this thread

The far spawn(behind the castle from this picture) has a disadvantage in that you can be couched from two directions coming out of spawn, where as there is only one direction the enemy can come from with an early couch on the other spawn. Perhaps give the other direction a way to get up to the castle from their side? Not sure really.

People can still get on the roof at the far right from the picture, and it's still an annoying vantage point for anyone who is on it.

I'll reiterate from my post on the other map, the spawns are kind of ****y, especially the one underground in the basement seems to have both teams spawning at it sometimes!

Some of the spawns here are really odd. It seems that players can respawn on opposite sides of the map, and it's not uncommon to be close to winning a groupfight and then being shot in the back by the enemies that have just respawned right behind you. I don't think this should happen, this takes away value from the multiple lives and discourages forcing fights near respawn points. Imho players should respawn farther away and take more time to rejoin the fight.

Also, from the lateral respawn points it's possible to simply stand on the ramps and shoot into the alleys or C flag, don't think this should be possible, makes little sense to give this one-sided advantage. If players wish to fight they should commit to it and leave spawn.

Also, from the lateral respawn points it's possible to simply stand on the ramps and shoot into the alleys or C flag, don't think this should be possible, makes little sense to give this one-sided advantage. If players wish to fight they should commit to it and leave spawn.

Forgot to point that out too. There should be bushes or something right at the ramps to obscure vision so they cannot stand on the ramps and shoot without risk of melee.

I think it's a good map overall. The only problem I have are the spawns protection, if you can't go there to kill them it should be the same for them, right now archers stay at the ramp and shoot and sometimes people are afk and because of the spawn protection you can't go for them you have to wait that their team run out of moral.

you can jump behind the fence on point b
you can walk off the map on point c, and shoot into c from behind the stone wall or walk up the big wall and shoot into the top spawn
you can glitch through the floor at the fountain
you can jump on the house at b/spawn (horses can jump on there aswell somehow), you can shoot enemy spawn campers from there aswell

I dont like if the enemy just spawns into the a and b point. But overall probably one of the better designed skirmish maps, but the most buggy aswell.

sort the maps by gamemode, in the forum??

Last edited:
The spawns are quite inbalanced and ****ed as mentioned above, which heavily favors the cavalry on team 2, whom can just couch the cavalry on team 1 if they decide to come through the main gate of their spawn.

There are many glaring glitches on this map and I honestly have no idea how you STILL haven't removed them. Caps listed a few but there's more. I don't really want to list them in public again but they have almost all been reported throughout the beta already - just check your board.

Personally not a big fan of having one-way drops around spawns which this map has in two cases, just promotes delaying and camping.

Ramp out of the tunnel spawn needs work as well, very rough going up there especially as cavalry.

this map too bad

too high contrast

if enemy faction battania, I Can't see they what far in shadow

also sunshine too powerful blind my eye

and can climb Round Big house's roof

if try climb and misstake trapped in the wall

My least favorite map. I enjoy the aesthetic and whoever designed it did a wonderful job making it look nice, but it has a number of issues. Spawns are very confusing, If you quizzed me right now I honestly could not tell you which spawns belong to which side. On top of that 2 of the spawns are within 5m of a flag. They map also has an incredibly large amount of sight blockers. This is great for inf who do not want to be shot by archers but it means the single counter to Heavy Cav atm (shooting the horses) also isnt viable. This means that despite it being a very closed map, the factions that have access to lances (Vlandia, Aserai, Sturgia, and Khuzait) have a very large advantage over Empire and Battania.

My least favorite map. I enjoy the aesthetic and whoever designed it did a wonderful job making it look nice, but it has a number of issues. Spawns are very confusing, If you quizzed me right now I honestly could not tell you which spawns belong to which side. On top of that 2 of the spawns are within 5m of a flag. They map also has an incredibly large amount of sight blockers. This is great for inf who do not want to be shot by archers but it means the single counter to Heavy Cav atm (shooting the horses) also isnt viable. This means that despite it being a very closed map, the factions that have access to lances (Vlandia, Aserai, Sturgia, and Khuzait) have a very large advantage over Empire and Battania.
On warband that map wouldve been nice to play, the cav would get stuck

ecf7xqk.png

Sl76LLC.png

The area in which I think Xauna can be improved the most is in its centre, between A and B. At the moment, this space is very open; from where I am standing in the second screenshot, I can just about see all three flags as an archer. Given that most of the fighting will take place around this open area, I think that slightly blocking an archer's visibility of different areas on the map would be beneficial.

P1iA7nr.png

This central pit is pretty much exclusively responsible for the aforementioned problem, and I think that it should be replaced. In this area I would suggest grouping a few buildings, for instance by placing a small building or two on the left and a small tower on the right.
JuLEVzQ.png
Combined, they could actually take up less space than the pit is now, slightly opening up the path which runs through the middle of the map, and, with some decorative foliage, I think it would preserve the appealing aesthetic that others have commented on.

6pmCBRm.png

To counterbalance this nerf to archers on the map, and to further encourage more dynamic fights in that area between A and B, I would like to see the central area of the walkway opened up.

cUob3n8.png

As the image shows, I'd like to see the central area of the walkway opened, leading to a ramp (or something to this effect) which opens up towards B, whilst obscuring the view to A. This will give archers a fairly strong position looking onto B - particularly as they rotate from either side of C - and also make the terrain more interesting for people fighting in melee here.

The second area of the map that I dislike in its current state is the ramp behind B.

6pM33PN.png

I have no real issue with the lower section by the flag, except that the extent of the space behind it encourages kiting and backpedaling. Additionally, I think that the distance to the next section of the map up here - all the way through the spawn - is too far. I'm not sure precisely how I would like to fix this area, but one suggestion would be making the path one-directional, with a drop down from the spawn above. I'd like to hear others' thoughts on this area.

As other people in the thread have noted, I think that the spawns on this map could probably use some adjustments. Another minor change I would like to see is shown in the screenshot below. This small section of wall can be jumped up to from the rubble in the pool below, but no other area around it can, and you can't walk forwards when you are up there. It feels awkward and I think that this small section of the wall might as well just be inaccessible like the rest of the wall.

CHX6Omi.png

Like Trading Post, I think that Xauna has the potential to be a well-balanced and enjoyable skirmish map to play on. I think that the suggestions I've made, particularly regarding the central area, will help with that greatly.

would be making the path one-directional, with a drop down from the spawn above.

I would like this also, and they can maintain this one directional system by also removing one ramp from each of the corner spawns by C, so we can get into the spawns if an archer is sitting on the ramp.

The only issue I see with your idea is that you could have one archer stay up on the ledge and have a good vantage point to shoot archers by the round hut(the one that can be glitched on). This could be fixed by making the side wall higher or putting obstructions in the way like flags or something.

This map just needs outright disabled at this point, if I have to spend most of it chasing down people outside the map to end it in good time then that tells you everything.

I could put each of my teammates and myself in a different out-of-playarea spot and still have empty spots left over. Fix this mess already. It can't be that hard to place some barriers, and it's been months since most of these were reported...

Back
Top Bottom