X Rebirth

Users who are viewing this thread

As many of you may have gathered from the title, there has been a new X universe game announced (note I used universe, not series). Not much information has been released apart from the fact that Egosoft will be building the game from the ground up, as opposed to the X series where they built upon what they had and gave it a polish with each iteration. The trailer can be found here. Also, there is a news post about what little has been announced so far here.

Needless to say I am just a little bit more than excited about this, and if my eyes didn't decieve me, I saw a station in a planet's atmosphere so that may be a promising sign for other planet related stuff. Here's hoping they also improve the autopilot AI :lol:

for few seconds i was sure that new X looks like EvE, but i was wrong. It looks better ;] Since Reunion, it's one of my favourite games, hope that Rebirth wont dissapoint me :smile:

looks good  :grin:

x_rebirth_screen_004.jpg

x_rebirth_screen_003.jpg
x_rebirth_screen_002.jpg

x_rebirth_screen_001.jpg

X Rebirth for PC is expected to be released in the fourth quarter of 2011.

I've been trying for a year now to successfully play X3: TC. Maybe I'm just stupid.

Even more stupid because I most likely will buy this too.

timetogetaway said:
I've been trying for a year now to successfully play X3: TC. Maybe I'm just stupid.

Even more stupid because I most likely will buy this too.

:arrow:

I do not get how to do things in that game. Is there a "dumb it down" mod?

Also, I probably will also be buying this.

X3 isn't all that difficult to play, it's getting started that just takes a while. Though to keep this topic relating more to Rebirth than problems others are experiencing with X3, I accept PMs asking for advice :razz:

To be honest it makes more sense. A direct hit to a big gun will take it out even if it's just a small amount of damage but you can keep firing with a bunch of little guns even if you lose a few. Having both wouldn't be a bad idea if they could manage it.

Q: Why another X game? What happened to the "end of the X trilogy" statement?
A: Well that is still true. At least partially :wink:
We worked on the old X games from 1996 until 2007. That was 11 years of development and 11 years mostly filled with adding features.
Adding features is pretty cool, as you have this solid foundation. You never have to start from scratch. We replaced the graphics engine twice, and we made many other big changes to the technology, but we were never at a point where nothing would work. Thats a very luxurious position for a game developer to be in.

BUT (and it's a big but), adding features to an existing game design has limits. Especially when we talk about the actual gameplay design. Adding so many features that were not originally planned for was a bit like building a higher and higher tower. You run into problems. Problems like a user interface that gets more and more complex and that's rarely a good thing.

So in 2007 we decided we need to cut off that legacy and do a fresh start.
"We had lots of great ideas how we could achieve many of the things that the X Universe stands for but in a much more elegant and designed fashion."
So we did. We threw away the cosy comfortable luxury of having a platform to build on and started with NOTHING, all for the price of doing things right :smile:

Now we're in 2011. Four years (again) of development of TNBT (the next big thing) as you guys knew it. The closer we came to the release of the game, the more we realised that the spirit of this new game, the ideas that drive the design still share a lot with the X series of the past: TRADE, FIGHT, BUILD, THINK are still of course all true. Freedom to do what you want in a living and breathing universe... CHECK! That's what also X Rebirth will stand for.

So we decided that despite all these cool new gameplay ideas and designs, this new game will play in our well-established universe. But with a twist... Many twists actually. :wink:

Q: So what are these new gameplay ideas exactly?
A: Unfortunately I am not yet allowed to go into much detail here YET, but let me feed you some of the marketing buzz words. Unlike typical marketing statements these actually have a meaning.

It gets personal
    It gets fast
    It gets big
    It gets easy... at first

For now you will have to use your imagination, but stay tuned: It won't be long and we will be giving out more information :smile:

xrebirth-all-fullsize.jpg

Three MEHs for generic ship design! Space craft with wings! meh! Space ships with exposed bridges! meh! Pointless bits of metal all over the fighter craft! meh!

The shots mor2 posted on page one look a lot better, Swadius.
But I agree with you here, that poster (?) is horrible. And not fitting the X universe as well.

Back
Top Bottom