[WWC18] Discussion Topic

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
OurGloriousLeader said:
What if I cheat in your tournament then ask nicely and with class for a second chance?

=

Aharo said:
I would also like to emphasize that this is an exceptional situation. Men showed some class and wrote to us before signing up or joining a team. They informed us about the situation and asked for a second chance - this gesture provided them with such possibility. It is an exceptional situation and if someone thinks that they might get a second chance after getting caught using any unauthorized software in our tournament consciously, then he's wrong. Let's respect each other and let's proceed with the whole event as well as all future ones as honestly as possible.

both these players were fully aware of the consequenses whilst using those hacks, and yet continued to do so. They got caught and show empathy, boo **** hoo, too late. I'm kind of scared on how this tournament will run if you allow known cheaters to participate in it.
This is the first tournament you run, so how about you listen to the community and not to yourself.

Yeah sorry no this is a bit ridiculous.
These people literally got caught red handed and obviously had no intention of being caught and would still be using cheats if they werent caught. They shouldnt be allowed to just slide back into the scene with promises of recording. Recording is for people accused of cheating and trying to prove otherwise, Not for known cheaters to show that they're good boys now with a big ol dip in performance

shame on anyone who recruits these gamers.

I'm sorry for interrupting this valuable discussion, but I wanted to get some basics out of the way first. As you probably are aware, we are approaching exam phase for both pupils and students in many countries. It would be much appreciated if you could release information on the schedule you intend to run for this tournament. Many players are currently unsure whether they'll be able to finish the tournament due to the uncertainty regarding the schedule.

When I joined the tournament I was told it would all be over in Janurary because two matches will be played per week. Now we are already in the second week of Janurary and have no clue on when the first match is supposed to happen. How many matches will be played per week, when is the first match supposed to happen and when will the finals be played according to your schedule?

Stop saying it's exceptional circumstances. All they did was ask you before the tournament and you said yes. That's not exceptional at all. 

Why on earth would you unban them after so short a period of time? Absolutely ridiculous. There's no way these guys should be playing any time soon.

I think you should seriously consider changing your mind. Having known cheats participate lowers the integrity of the tournament and such dismally small consequences encourages others to cheat.

Aharo said:
Few words from us about the people accused of cheating. The case of players like Nessa and Kern (in-game: Eduard) is a matter controlled by us, these people wrote to us before the tournament and asked for a permission to play.
Nessa and Eduard weren't just accused of cheating, they were proved to be cheating. As OGL said, the only players to ever be concretely found to be cheating.

Aharo said:
They also asked for a second chance to prove themselves. We are open to all amicable solutions and we believe in a second chance.
Prove themselves what? Innocent? We know that's not the case. I think this community has proven before that second chances can be given but I don't think this should apply to caught cheaters.

Aharo said:
We will most likely introduce a list of suspicious people and we will ask you for help in completing it.
This sounds fun, will it be a public list? How many people have to name someone as suspicious before they're placed on the list? Or maybe you can just name people you don't like, if so I'd like to put forward Matt as a candidate for the list.

Aharo said:
We want everyone to have the opportunity to take part in the tournament
Including cheaters?

Aharo said:
Men showed some class and wrote to us before signing up or joining a team.
Less classy more cheeky, but apparently it paid off.

Aharo said:
It is an exceptional situation and if someone thinks that they might get a second chance after getting caught using any unauthorized software in our tournament consciously, then he's wrong.
You could forgive them for thinking all they have to do is ask and be forgiven, given that this is the precedent you are setting.

Aharo said:
Let's respect each other and let's proceed with the whole event as well as all future ones as honestly as possible.
I would think that cheating to gain an advantage over other players is pretty disrespectful and dishonest. I appreciate the time the admin team is putting into this tournament but I truly believe this decision will be harmful to the community. If the decision stands, I would encourage other players/teams to re-assess if they want to be part of a tournament that welcomes cheaters.

OurGloriousLeader said:
What if I cheat in your tournament then ask nicely and with class for a second chance?
+1

"Odin, Eduard & Nessa Banned
§This three players were found using Illegal modifications in the game in order to gain advantatge in a public warband server. Being aware of their cheating state, we inmediatly expose them and ban them as we were given solid proof of these actions. They won't take part in any tournament that this admin team holds, and hopefully other tournaments follow this example. If anyone wanna consult the proof feel free to contact me through steam."-Charlini from WSC

Different admins can make different decision?

It's also worth considering that these players getting caught is not something which happened ages ago. It is a very recent case and while I am all for second chances and strongly believe people can change and mature, its a process which can only happen with time.

By allowing these players to partake in the tournament, you are effectively saying that anyone can cheat and quickly get away with it as long as they make a 'classy' apology. I am not sure its a really positive message to send to a community where many people believe that it is already significantly corrupted by cheating.

Edit: Just saw Deacon already pretty much made that point, apologizes for kind of repeating the same thing.

Scar said:
When I joined the tournament I was told it would all be over in Janurary because two matches will be played per week. Now we are already in the second week of Janurary and have no clue on when the first match is supposed to happen. How many matches will be played per week, when is the first match supposed to happen and when will the finals be played according to your schedule?
I`ve heard that we will play 1 match per week. And 1st matches should be announced tomorrow I think so we can play it on weekend (I am not admin or someone from tournament crew of course).

Hero_of_Ferelden said:
In the event of a stalemate, an overtime is played (3 rounds per spawn)

Which map would the overtime be played on? The 3rd map?

The overtime is played on the map on which the teams tied their score. This applies to the analogous situation on every map.

In the matter of cheaters - we are looking into the subject and we're considering all possible options. Thank you for your commitment and all the opinions that you shared with us.

I must have missed something but ...

Aharo said:
•  The Tournament consists of two stages, i.e. group stage and the knockout stage,
•  32 teams are divided into 8 groups, 2 teams from each group proceed to the next stage,

Aharo said:
- the first round is going to take place this week, the deadline for the matches is until 13.01 by the end of the day.
- the second round is going to be announced at the end of this week - you will have one week to play two matches (14.01 - 20.01).

We are going to close the entire group stage in those two rounds. At the end of the second round we will give you the exact dates for the quarterfinals, semi-finals and finals.

Doesn't that imply you have 16 teams and therefore 8 matches in teh QF's?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom