Native Completed (WUS)Whales UnderSea NA Tournament

Users who are viewing this thread

Fail_BEANSACKS said:
The rules don't actually say that the team can request a forfeit for the players not being played, that part is connected to the not ready portion.
The statements are made in the same line of the rules. Traditional rule interpretation would link these statements together given their linked proximity.

Fail_BEANSACKS said:
It makes much more sense that we would be forced to lose 1 set, because not playing 1 player does not effect the entire match, just 1 set where they might have played if  I had read the rules (I assumed the admin would know his own rules rip and I'm lazy) This should just be a 3 (6 depending on perspective) round swing rather than a 12-0

Forfeiture is only mentioned at one other point in rules. That section is as follows:

If a team forfeits mid-match, all remaining rounds shall be scored for the opposing team.

As you can see, the only other section discussing forfeits refers to complete forfeiture. At no point is a limiting factor applied to the forfeiture rules.

Fail_BEANSACKS said:
The rules don't actually say that the team can request a forfeit for the players not being played, that part is connected to the not ready portion.  It makes much more sense that we would be forced to lose 1 set, because not playing 1 player does not effect the entire match, just 1 set where they might have played if  I had read the rules (I assumed the admin would know his own rules rip and I'm lazy) This should just be a 3 (6 depending on perspective) round swing rather than a 12-0

Since it was unclear weather the forfeit was a set forfeit or a match forfeit or how many rounds, the consulting admins Marquis and Aporta shall decide.

Aura (Zaffa) said:
Fail_BEANSACKS said:
The rules don't actually say that the team can request a forfeit for the players not being played, that part is connected to the not ready portion.
The statements are made in the same line of the rules. Traditional rule interpretation would link these statements together given their linked proximity.

Fail_BEANSACKS said:
It makes much more sense that we would be forced to lose 1 set, because not playing 1 player does not effect the entire match, just 1 set where they might have played if  I had read the rules (I assumed the admin would know his own rules rip and I'm lazy) This should just be a 3 (6 depending on perspective) round swing rather than a 12-0

Forfeiture is only mentioned at one other point in rules. That section is as follows:

If a team forfeits mid-match, all remaining rounds shall be scored for the opposing team.

As you can see, the only other section discussing forfeits refers to complete forfeiture. At no point is a limiting factor applied to the forfeiture rules.

That line also has weird grammar, it looks more like a bad copypasting job than intentional correlation.  I don't think you can draw a conclusion from that

MrWhaleFish said:
Nevino said:
Lmao, I told you to actually read and fix your rules Whale.
I did headass but it was after the scrim, its a good rule too. ALSO YOU MADE THEM

To clarify

All players must be invited to the scrim
All players must play 1 set or the other team can request a forfeit.
If a player comes in after the first set then rule doesn't apply.(If this rule is abused it shall lead to a forfeit)

Bruh, those rules were made for a specific tourney, you need to read them over and modify them for your tourney.

Fail_BEANSACKS said:
By that logic zaffa the line could also be telling us that this rule of playing everybody at least 1 set only occurs when the opposing team was not ready for 20 minutes
What it means is that the same penalty applies to both offenses. Here is another example of the same thing:
Spawning in items, using any of the features other than administrator panel/kick and ban will result in removal from the match.
Notice how a single penalty applies to both offenses despite the two offenses having no connection to each other.

Note: I don't disagree that the rules are horrendously written, but if you are going to apply the rules as written, they are going to align with what I have written above.

Wert said:
Maybe we should rescramble the teams?
Nope this tournament is ending as soon as possible. On that note the regular season is ending this week. Please only post if you have something constructive to add. Bracket will be added Monday since predur can’t get a match till tomorrow

36c909b32db122d6885a5b2a0966a27a.png
Nothing wrong with spawning in a 6th and 7th player for the purpose of dropping gear  :shifty:

Lagstro said:
36c909b32db122d6885a5b2a0966a27a.png
Nothing wrong with spawning in a 6th and 7th player for the purpose of dropping gear  :shifty:
After a quick 2 second skim, I also see no rule saying that Whalefish has the right to deem that cheating either through a clause that involves vague situations like this.

:shifty: :shifty: :shifty: :shifty:

Back
Top Bottom