Wulfing Clan EU/US [RECRUITING VIKING WARBAND]

Users who are viewing this thread

Forgejack

Recruit
0wrydhV.png

Hi i am MrForgejack i run a NW reg but we are to go to Viking Conquest we have a ts and server for Viking Conquest.​

We are know as the Wulfing Clan we have 20 members so far form EU US and Asia​

iw2nsR1.png
HmM3gHn.png

The Wulfings, Wylfings or Ylfings(the name means the "wolf clan") was a powerful clan in Beowulf, Widsith and in the Norse sagas. While the poet of Beowulf does not locate the Wulfings geographically, Scandinavian sources define the Ylfings (the Old Norse form of the name) as the ruling clan of the Eastern Geats.
The Wulfings play an important role in Beowulf as Beowulf's father Ecgþeow of the Wægmunding clan had slain one of its members, and was banished for not paying the weregild. The Danish king Hroðgar, who was married to Wealhþeow, a Wulfing woman, graciously paid the weregild, and when Beowulf arrived at the Danish court in order to slay Grendel, Hroðgar interpreted this as a son's gratitude.​

In Old Norse sources, the clan figure prominently in the Heimskringla and in Sögubrot, where Hjörvard and his son Hjörmund belong to it. It is also mentioned in the Lay of Hyndla and in Skáldskaparmál where Eiríkr the Wise was one of its members. However, its most famous member was Helgi Hundingsbane who had two poems of his own (Helgakviða Hundingsbana I and Helgakviða Hundingsbana II), in the Poetic Edda, and whose story is also retold in the Völsunga saga.​

Sam Newton and others (including Rupert Bruce-Mitford), have proposed that the East Anglian Wuffing dynasty was derived from the Wulfings, and it was at their court that Beowulf was first composed.​

Dx04AWK.png

if you want to join add me on steam http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198057298594/​

we will be hosting events for Viking Conquest on are server,we are looking for people who know nordic history to high ranks in the Wulfing Clan and know how to be leader​

Teamspeak ip 85.236.100.139:10347​

rFE0zlw.png
High King or Kaizer​
Hurtug​
Hirdmen​
kertilsveinar​
Sysselmann​
Greve​
Freiherr​
Styraesmen​
Jarl​
Ridder​
Gests​
Knarl​

Slightly cheeky repost to bump this up: we're looking for members! We're also going to start hosting and attending other events, too.

I've seen like three or more clan leaders with steam profiles with quotations or pictures from Nazi Germany, dunno if it is to mock or whatever... Is this accepted in this part of the forums? Will I get mugged for mentioning this?

Back
Top Bottom