WSE WFaS Build Shader Problems

Users who are viewing this thread

Yagababa

Regular
Just found out about the WFaS build for Warband Script Enhancer! It's incredible news and I'm excited to get to scripting...

That said, I'm trying to add it to my current module and am having some weird graphical issues that I'm pretty sure are shader related. I know very little about shaders, so input would be greatly appreciated. The primary two issues I've found are shown here:

From certain angles in the light, certain armors/boots and such get a weird specular effect that as far as I can tell has no connection to the material whatsoever. Really not sure where to begin with this, as it appears to only affect certain meshes.

The second issue that I'm trying to resolve is how messy the font appears--characters overlap and there's this gross black border around the whole thing (also in certain hardcoded menus it looks kind of blurry). The font and armors looked great until I installed WSE2, but at the end of the day I think the doors that the scripting enhancements open up are well worth the headache of trying to sort these things out.

Edit: the shirt shown in the photo is tableau, but the same thing happens to some non-tableau meshes.

Maybe it is a WSE-exclusive bug that cannot be sorted out, just as you earlier mentioned. I also figured out that the font looks weird and the armor in question looks like if a specular material of some iron bodypiece was applied to it. What can I say? I agree with you that these minor things are worth it when you can gain much more...

Upvote 0
Play with your texture settings (and generally with Video settings, check results with diffrent settings) . I believe there is 1 particular option implemented by WSE2 that doesn't work properly in WFaS. (blured screen)

Is that a setting in module_config_template.ini?

Also, do you think I could fix the font by tweaking font_data.xml?

Upvote 0
No, I mean video settings in game which WSE has implemented.
Do you use custom shaders?
I do not. Do you mean the settings I access in-game through the options menu?

I was able to fix the armor problem by adding a dummy all black specular texture to the appropriate materials, but I'm still trying to figure out the font. It's a bummer because it looked super clean before.

Upvote 0
To be frank the font looks alright in the chat log in lower left corner of the screen; it only looks bad when enlarged just like in the picture shown from Invasion/ Commander Invasion gamemode.

Good call, I removed the text outline tag from the presentations--it's still a little blurry, but looks a lot cleaner.

Upvote 0
Good call, I removed the text outline tag from the presentations--it's still a little blurry, but looks a lot cleaner.
It is great that you slowly move towards improvement. You may alternatively remove the font texture for a while and then readd it back after you have checked if the original font is affected by WSE2's corrupted video settings.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom