WSE Problem

Users who are viewing this thread

Hey guys.
I'm having a problem with the WSE Launcher (I hope I can post about it here, since I only use it to play Silverstag atm). Basically it keeps asking for the activation key of my copy of M&BW, I obviously have a legit Steam copy of the game, I tried to activate it both manually and automatically but it fails in both cases. I am connected to the Internet and I've been able to play Silverstag until today, when this problem arose.

If I try to skip the activation process, WSE doesn't initialize as I get quite a lot of error messages once I load my save game.

Have you guys got any ideas?
Thank you in advance :grin:

I am having the same issue. I used Silverstag in the past, there were no problems, nothing at all. But now it asks me to input a serial key. My steam one doesn't work, connection error always shows up. Using the browser to convert the steam key into a proper one doesn't work either. I don't know what to do. Help?

Leifdin said:
Did you try WSE 3.2.0? It should work with Steam versions.

I got the same problem as described in the main post, and yes i have the 3.2.0 version of WSE. Silverstag worked properly and smoothly until yesterday, when out of the blue it started asking me for the key (as already said, activation attempts with my steam key don't work).

I was enjoying the mod so much, i hope there's a fix.

Leifdin said:
Did you try WSE 3.2.0? It should work with Steam versions.

Yes, I use the 3.2.0 version too and it always worked, I played on Monday with no problem. Yesterday though, different story.

I tried updating to the latest version as well (can't remember the version number though), same problem. I downloaded the fixed .exe files from a thread about this problem with WSE and I've been able to activate the game, but I get a lot of errors on game load and after a few seconds the game crashes with an rgl error, invalid opcode 8.

Leifdin said:
Did an update for Steam version came up?
I think so. I noticed there was an update for Viking Conquest, but I didn't expect the main game to be updated as well.

Leifdin said:
Did an update for Steam version came up?
I don't know, there might have been but I validated files through Steam then went full reinstall, so my download history isn't reliable.

Is there a way to downgrade the game back to 1.153? I pretty much only play Silverstag so I don't really need the latest patch since it runs on 1.153 (if I'm not mistaken).

EDIT: I don't know how reliable it is, but SteamDB says that last Warband update was 12 days ago (https://steamdb.info/app/48700/).
EDIT2: There's a few threads on Steam discussions as well about this issue.

Well, you could try to download a 1.153 release of Warband from Taleworlds and then use your Steam key to activate the game. It won't fit, but there used to be  a official converter for steam keys.

Well after fiddling around for a while with the game .exes, I've been able to start WSE correctly. I redownloaded the mod and I renamed the _old.exe into the normal game executable and now it works.
I feel kinda dumb to be honest, maybe I should have renamed it a long time ago, but the game always worked without a problem until Tuesday and I always thought that the WSE launched through the correct exe without needing to rename it.
Anyway, thanks for your time!

aiBahamut said:
Well after fiddling around for a while with the game .exes, I've been able to start WSE correctly. I redownloaded the mod and I renamed the _old.exe into the normal game executable and now it works.
I feel kinda dumb to be honest, maybe I should have renamed it a long time ago, but the game always worked without a problem until Tuesday and I always thought that the WSE launched through the correct exe without needing to rename it.
Anyway, thanks for your time!
JESUS IT WORKS.
Confirmed, it works. All you have to do is replace the main warband.exe with the "old exe" from the WSE.
Wonderful, thank you so much.

Back
Top Bottom