WSE - Lua edition [Beta], a new way of scripting

Users who are viewing this thread

Bridge_Troll said:
Already thought that. Problem is that these no_<item> have all the same ids

How should it know which armor slot to use. Kinda seems a bit random to me.
No item shares the same id with another.
The engine automatically decides which armor slot should be used.

_Sebastian_ said:
No item shares the same id with another.
The engine automatically decides which armor slot should be used.
Ye, but it didn't show any ids for these items. Was tinkering around a bit and found them. Was junst printing the parts of the player slots that had no item at spawn and got the ids for them, it's 1 to 4 for PW.

No time to waste, next question  :eek:

game.addPrsnt seems to be not defined anywhere. I don't know what to do there. I included all the common headers, but no where I am able to find the function addPrsnt.

Bridge_Troll said:
No time to waste, next question  :eek:

game.addPrsnt seems to be not defined anywhere. I don't know what to do there. I included all the common headers, but no where I am able to find the function addPrsnt.
Silly question, but you're running this on client yes?

Hey, me again.
Got a small problem with the on_agent_killed_or_wounded trigger. Seems as if it always returns -1 for the Agent and the KillerAgent.
I add the trigger by doing this:

Code:
function onDeath()
	--trigger param 1: dead agent id
	--trigger param 2: killer agent id
	--trigger param 3: 0 = killed, 1 = wounded
	--trigger result: 1 = force kill, 2 = force wounded

local AgentID = getTriggerParam(1);
	local KillerAgentID = getTriggerParam(2);
	local action = getTriggerParam(3);

print("@Trigger: agentid "..AgentID);
	print("@Trigger: agentid "..KillerAgentID);

return true;
end

game.addTrigger("mst_conquest", game.const.ti_on_agent_killed_or_wounded, 0, 0, onDeath);
AgentID and KillerAgentID are always -1 for some reason, not sure why tho.

Bridge_Troll said:
Hey, me again.
Got a small problem with the on_agent_killed_or_wounded trigger. Seems as if it always returns -1 for the Agent and the KillerAgent.
I add the trigger by doing this:

Code:
function onDeath()

local AgentID = getTriggerParam(1);
	local KillerAgentID = getTriggerParam(2);
	local action = getTriggerParam(3);

print("@Trigger: agentid "..AgentID);
	print("@Trigger: agentid "..KillerAgentID);

return true;
end

game.addTrigger("mst_conquest", game.const.ti_on_agent_killed_or_wounded, 0, 0, onDeath);
AgentID and KillerAgentID are always -1 for some reason, not sure why tho.

Hi,
I don't know either, code seems fine. Check if "game.const.ti_on_agent_killed_or_wounded" has the correct value, check if "getTriggerParam" does its thing...
If nothing works, upload your code (native compatible) and I'll have a look.
Btw, you don't need "@" in your strings. Such barbarism is only for MS.

This is literally everything in my main.lua right now:
Code:
function onDeath()

local AgentID = game.store_trigger_param(0,1);
	local KillerAgentID = game.store_trigger_param(0,2);
	local action = game.store_trigger_param(0,3);

print("Trigger param1: "..AgentID);
	print("Trigger param2: "..KillerAgentID);
	print("Trigger param3: "..action);

--If player was killed, add him to the kill list

if ( action == 0 ) then
		--print(AgentID.." died by "..KillerAgentID )
		--RespawnCtr:addKilledPlayer(AgentID);
	end

return true;
end

The console displays -1 -1 0
The trigger id is -26.0 which according to header_triggers.py is fine.
Would be nice if you could test it with the native module, might be that it is because of Persistent World, as you might remember had some trouble adding WSE in the beginning. There might still be errors somewhere in my header files.

Also just to clarify what I try to archive, I try to remove armor from players that have spawned after being killed. So I would actually need to know which player died previously to being spawned again on the server.

Just a thought. Since Lua gets executed before MS could it be that ids are not yet registered at that point.. Just thinking out loud. You could try workaround with ti_agent_hit and check whether damage is greater than receiver's hp.

Muzzle C said:
Just a thought. Since Lua gets executed before MS could it be that ids are not yet registered at that point.. Just thinking out loud. You could try workaround with ti_agent_hit and check whether damage is greater than receiver's hp.
I had that thought for a moment, yes, however at the moment the trigger actual fires, these variables have to be set, since it can only be fired if there already is a spawned agent that gets hit, at least that seems logical too me. I am currently checking other triggers, but they seem to work fine.

AgentSmith said:
I tested it and it works just fine. Maybe there's something wrong with your operations header?
Damn, alright there is one thing I remembered while talking to a friend of mine just now who just installed it as well.
Code:
Change the following (line 432):
=============================================
    if (opcode in [try_begin,
                   try_for_range,
                   try_for_range_backwards,
                   try_for_parties,
                   try_for_agents]):
to
    if (opcode in [try_begin,
                   try_for_range,
                   try_for_range_backwards,
                   try_for_parties,
                   try_for_agents,
                   try_for_prop_instances,
                   try_for_players,
                   try_for_dict_keys,
                   ]):
process_operations_patch.py
In the PW module there is no line 432. So I left this out. This might cause some internal error which reaches to this trigger since some loops are not defined/handled incorrectly? Not sure where to add it tho, I'll have to go through the whole module.

Edit:
the save_statement_block function is no present in PW, just checked it with the Native MS

AgentSmith said:
I don't get why you don't just use the normal native + wse operations header. Seems like that would avoid a lot of trouble  :???:
I am about to give up. All operations work fine and all triggers are working just right, except the ti_on_agent_killed_or_wounded. Even stranger is, that it seems to still correctly recognize whether you've died or not. But the AgentID's are lost somewhere.

Bridge_Troll said:
Well, back to normal MS then. Just added the lua_call in the mission_templates and let it call a function on the trigger, which works fine now. Bit of a workaround, but ye.
Was about to ask if it works in MS. Weird...

AgentSmith said:
Was about to ask if it works in MS. Weird...
I don't know either. I added this to the trigger in the module system
Code:
	(lua_push_int,":dead_agent_id"),
        (lua_push_int,":killer_agent_id"),
	(lua_push_int,":killed_or_wounded"),
	(lua_call,"@onDeath",3),
And it works like a charm. But thats completely fine as this is the only thing that does not work, the rest is excellent in lua.

Hi, hope this is not aggravated necromancy. Amazing tool, i'm learning LUA on the fly so there might be a few stupid questions.

Q1: How do I reload the LUA scripts at runtime?

Q2: How does WSE handle the LUA files? Does it just load everything there is into the '/lua' folder?

Q3: I get alot of warnings reading from the headers files added to the 'msfiles' directory. Mainly from header_triggers and header_mission_templates, is this normal? (I'm using legacy WSE, not WSE2)

Bonus: This one is just me trying to a get a second opinion and advice since it seems like there's experienced LUA coders around, I coded a Behaviour Tree like structure for the AI using the module system (with sequence and selectors). I'd like to reimplement this using LUA (and hopefully distribute it to the community), in the module system version I used troop instances' slots as placeholder objects for storing different states & sequences of actions (common modsys trickery), to reimplement this in LUA, I think the easiest way would be to assign those 'troop' states script to LUA scripts and keeping the basic FNS machine in modulesys(for now), to do that I'd need to assign each of them to a LUA file or functions, the problem is it seems like you call LUA scripts from a string while troop slots are really just reference to integers. So either I set my troop name strings to the corresponding LUA file directly (kinda oblique) or there's perhaps a way to convert a string reference to LUA scripts to an integer value that WSE can read, or anyone that cares to grasp my issue has another idea (I'll post the code if anyone's curious)

At any rate, i'm (lately) feeling good about the simple fact I can do a 3 operands math operation on a single line with only one variable assignement.

Back
Top Bottom