WSE - Lua edition [Beta], a new way of scripting

Users who are viewing this thread

lolxd said:
it really needs more comprehensive API references, the current one is quite lacking imo.
Oh yeah? Could you tell me what exactly is missing? I think the current luaguide is pretty good.

Mercenary_Frank said:
He should have used C# instead of lua like I have.
Well how about you release your magic C# tool then?

Mercenary_Frank said:

the language is only a limitation if the coder is limited by it (as in, you can't learn something new).

C#, Python, Lua, it makes no difference.

Item triggers work perfectly. Thanks for the awesome support AgentSmith.

About your idea of anti-autoblock. Not a bad idea, but instead of dark room you could make bot invisible.

kalarhan said:
Mercenary_Frank said:

the language is only a limitation if the coder is limited by it (as in, you can't learn something new).

C#, Python, Lua, it makes no difference.
Agreed, it's just fine for modding. And (relatively) easy to implement.

Muzzle C said:
Item triggers work perfectly. Thanks for the awesome support AgentSmith.

About your idea of anti-autoblock. Not a bad idea, but instead of dark room you could make bot invisible.
Oh nice, didn't know you can do that. Although on second thought it's probably best to just measure in normal fight, reaction time at least. No way to detect then.

Namakan said:
AgentSmith said:
Mercenary_Frank said:

His magic C# tool comes as an autoblock, aimbot, wallhack and probably some other stuff...
Honestly not sure why you haven't been banned from this forum yet, Frank lol
Probably  :sad: I can respect the skill and ingenuity that goes into those cheats, but not the damage it does to games.

Namakan said:
AgentSmith said:
Mercenary_Frank said:

His magic C# tool comes as an autoblock, aimbot, wallhack and probably some other stuff...
Honestly not sure why you haven't been banned from this forum yet, Frank lol

Because cheating isn't against the forum rules? Half of this community would be empty if all the autoblockers had to go. I also have disclosed some exploit to Vincenzo who informed Taleworlds about them. They told him that they would fix the issue's in warband. So for that matter I am helping them more than I am doing harm.

My C# tool is a warband SDK similair to what CMP made only with more stuff and better.

Mercenary_Frank said:
I would appreciate if you kept things constructive. Flaming will only get you a ticket to the warned/muted/banned community.

So I just started messing around with this and the Simple Custom Log example didn't work as provided. For some reason the game couldn't convert game.const.ti_server_player_joined to -15 and threw an error saying that it was nil instead. If I replace it with -15 it works as intended though so it still holds the same functionality, I just have to look up the triggers I need. Any thoughts on what might be causing this? I am using "version 26.04.2017" according to luaGuide.html and it was bundled with WSE not sure what version as it is not in the README provided.

EDIT: WSE Version is 4.5.1, was part of the .rar, oopsy!

Ah, that'd be it. Didn't say to copy it over in luaGuide.html but I should've guessed. Are there other files I need to copy over other than header_operations and header_triggers? All headers? Thank you!

horns said:
Ah, that'd be it. Didn't say to copy it over in luaGuide.html but I should've guessed. Are there other files I need to copy over other than header_operations and header_triggers? All headers? Thank you!
Yeah sorry, I didn't mention it in the example. Look up the "constants" section. You only need to copy what you will use - it's just a convenience thing to make constants more readable.

AgentSmith said:
Yeah sorry, I didn't mention it in the example. Look up the "constants" section. You only need to copy what you will use - it's just a convenience thing to make constants more readable.

I gotcha and I figured it didn't change functionality.  Thanks for the assistance and making this cool tool! So far it has been impeccable.

horns said:
AgentSmith said:

I gotcha and I figured it didn't change functionality.  Thanks for the assistance and making this cool tool! So far it has been impeccable.
Sure np :smile:

Great work, was kinda waiting for something that was different from the python stuff.
I'm just kinda lost and would be nice if someone could hint me into the right direction.

I get this error:
[00:23:31] Warband version: dedicated server
[00:23:32] WARNING: Unable to map WSE script code: wse_chat_message_received
[00:23:32] WARNING: Unable to map WSE script code: wse_console_command_received
[00:23:32] WARNING: Unable to map WSE script code: wse_game_saved
[00:23:32] WARNING: Unable to map WSE script code: wse_multiplayer_message_received
[00:23:32] WARNING: Unable to map WSE script code: wse_get_agent_scale
[00:23:32] WARNING: Unable to map WSE script code: wse_window_opened
[00:23:32] WARNING: Unable to map WSE script code: wse_savegame_loaded
[00:23:32] WARNING: Unable to map WSE script code: wse_get_server_info

Also what would you recon to be the best way to implement a trigger that is fired on a key input.

Bridge_Troll said:
I get this error:
[00:23:31] Warband version: dedicated server
[00:23:32] WARNING: Unable to map WSE script code: wse_chat_message_received
[00:23:32] WARNING: Unable to map WSE script code: wse_console_command_received
[00:23:32] WARNING: Unable to map WSE script code: wse_game_saved
[00:23:32] WARNING: Unable to map WSE script code: wse_multiplayer_message_received
[00:23:32] WARNING: Unable to map WSE script code: wse_get_agent_scale
[00:23:32] WARNING: Unable to map WSE script code: wse_window_opened
[00:23:32] WARNING: Unable to map WSE script code: wse_savegame_loaded
[00:23:32] WARNING: Unable to map WSE script code: wse_get_server_info
You didn't add "module_scripts_addon.py" to your module scripts, not a big deal if you don't need it.

Bridge_Troll said:
Also what would you recon to be the best way to implement a trigger that is fired on a key input.
Very much like in modsys, add a timer via game.addTrigger and use the key_clicked or key_is_down operation inside.

Yep, that fixed it, I just forgot the module_scripts.

However, found 2 errors now:
5defa2ce4c3c1dbe2d4945dd25c395c9.png

Refering to
25ac53469fead1fce7c808956619c37d.png

And
17a37aade6f2902eb7316b23e817e021.png

Refering to
16f4b41522dc225164ede4fb57ce0239.png

I am pretty rusty in python, however the declared lists lhs_operations and can_fail_operations are previously declared as immutable sets in my header_operations.py which might cause this error. Any thoughts on why that is?

I added both WSE lists to the end of the original lists, which fixed that error. Still kinda strange.

The operations file is interpreted very simply, line by line and matching each against regex. When it finds that "<x> += [" part, it searches for list <x> to add to, which must be previously defined as "<x> = [" and you're missing that for some reason.
Here is the responsible function if you wanna have a look. Error is thrown @line 635.

Back
Top Bottom