Screenshot Overview
vnyIrEE.jpg
Screenshot Flag 1
clQnJIo.jpg
Screenshot Flag 2
cjJ7okZ.jpg
Screenshot Flag 3
FFk6VsB.jpg
Brief description of the map: Many of you played skyrim, those who did surely know the imperial city of Solitude. With this map i tried to replicate it in warband (picture of solitude´s design in skyrim:
niMXpOx.jpg
solitude doesnt only look great in skyrim, the map design is also fun to play competitively.
I added the tunnels, some archerspots and ladders that dont exist in skyrim to make this map more viable to play. This map is closed and inf-heavy, but both cav and archers can have impact aswell.
Each faction has one flag spawn close to his spawn and both have nearly the same way to the third, the one in teh castle, so you have to decide if you want to control only 1 flagspawn or if you want to compete for the castle to gain mapcontrol. Each flag can be reached by atleast 2 major ways and has multiple archerspots.

As i finished this map today it is brandnew, so if you notice bugs or maperrors message me please :smile:
If this map gets chosen im willing to work together with the admins on this map if they have any suggestions and improvements, no map is perfect if only 1 player saw it imo.
This map contains over 600 handplaced objects, if this is to much for some pcs i can delete some details and search for unnecessary sceneprobs.

And sorry that the temple of the devines and the "blue" palace look that awful, i didnt want to go into much detail as they are not in the playable area.
I hope you get some Stormcloak vs Imperials feeling playing it, this is the final battle from the stormcloak civil war questline so you have to prove if skyrim really belongs to the nords :wink:

More images:
7uN0dyL.jpg

rBgno1t.jpg

So9I6IJ.jpg

0H7UydX.jpg

Download Link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lk5imfk7nx5fqv1/AABQdet2MMgD4WeVhCJxUu80a?dl=0
Code:
scn_multi_scene_2 multi_scene_2 256 none none 0.000000 0.000000 100.000000 100.000000 -100.000000 0x000000012002a0b20004992700006e54000007fe00001fd2
outer_terrain_steppe
should be this one, not sure tho if it isnt message me, the last time i´ve done this is 1 year ago

On solitude flag 2, those stairs leading up to the tower look quite steep, can cavalry ride up them? Just wondering because if not an archer posted up there with 0 threat from cavalry may be a bit op?

We noticed aswell during the meeting, some decent-sized changes have been suggested to Apfel in regards to that flag and flag 3 so that the map feels more mixed rather than extremely close and cavalry can also have an ok chance on taking down archers in advantageous static positions.

With that being said and as Charlini updated it in the OP we're now gathering everyone's opinion for the maps, by the end of the week a final meeting for a decision will be held and everyone's opinion (especially captain's) will be used to decide it. So pay attention for tomorrow's module update so that you can try them!

"Egiin Gol" is looking good, but better to add one more bridge between bridge and middle ford, or make this ford more wider and closer to the bridge. I want to say, that it will be useful for splitting your team, if you are going from Spawn-1/Flag-3 to Flag-1.
    I guess, map will get contrasting reviews, because it has 'same type' as "Field by the river": you will only like it or hate.

"Beairteas" is a pretty good closed map, I would add it to my previous "Rookie Competitions" and "Minor League", if I knew about it earlier. Better to delete all trees, or at least remove one on the Spawn-2 or replace it by some other obstacle.

I my opinion, these two are in Top-3 with my "Grim Village".

I think Tannenberg is way to archer-favored, there are some spots which are very difficult to contest and very easy for archers to get a stupid amount of hits and kills.

I have played this map 20/30 +/- times in officials

Cosmic Ciiges said:
I think Tannenberg is way to archer-favored, there are some spots which are very difficult to contest and very easy for archers to get a stupid amount of hits and kills.

I have played this map 20/30 +/- times in officials

There was a gatehouse which was op and an accesable tower. I closed both down for that reason.

Edit :
Updated Egiin Gol according to some feedback :
- Spawns moved closer
- Top Flag moved closer with some changes to the position
- added another entrance at the mill flag
- added another way through the river

Most of this was done in order to cut the traveling times down so teams arent that rushed to get to flag.
The feedback is very much appreciated  :grin:

Overview is updated as well as the download link.

Greets, Reggae and Firunien

[size=14pt]Arshabah

Places:
Flags: Mosque/square, construction site, under bridge/balcony (or just "underground")
Others: Market street, tunnel, balconies, forest/park, low alleys, middle, district alley.
Overview:
PXS3o7f.jpg
Download:
Code:
scn_arshabah arshabah 256 none none 0.000000 0.000000 240.000000 240.000000 -0.500000 0x0000000130000000000641900000bf4a00001d670000d869
outer_terrain_steppe

Map Name: Trebizond

Type of Map[Closed/Mixed/Open]: (maybe open?)

Screenshot Overview

Screenshot Flag 1
7DMo6m.jpg
Screenshot Flag 2
GDov97.jpg
Screenshot Flag 3
RDoJnj.jpg

8zDlYV.jpg
yqLPGy.png

Brief description of the map[Spawn points, size of the map and whatever you wanna say about it]:

I wanted to make Trabzon, an old Greek city.I got help from historical sketchs when I am working.Of course I used my imagination too.I guess excellent map for archers(maybe cavs).Have locations you can name easily.I didn't see any bugs.And I don't think it will be a performance decrease.Maybe it looks like a PW map but not very detailed.I think flag points are good for tactics.Thanks.

Download Link: Click for download

Code:
scn_multi_custom_adimi_tool_scene_89 multi_custom_adimi_tool_scene_89 256 none none 0.000000 0.000000 100.000000 100.000000 -100.000000 0x0000000730000db200082a1000003d8c80005d3400001b8d 
 sea_outer_terrain_2

I updated my map and edited some spots/things the admins suggested.
lDfxM4C.jpg
-I removed the tower at the castleflag what now makes this flag more mixed and interesting
-I nerfed the bunker spot at flag 3
-I moved the ruined walls between flag 2 (castle) and 3 (bunker) so cav and inf can fight more easily
-I removed some details at the flag 1 highground which were in the way
-I moved flag 1 (market) more towards the marketplace creating more space to fight
-I moved stand and details to the walls creating even more space.

overall the map is smoother now and the cav has more impact while archers now have to rely more on skill than on powerful spots.
Thanks to teh admins for making suggestions so the competitiveness of the map could be adapted :wink:

original post updated aswell

Put your final thoughts and vote about the suggested maps in this topic or message any of the Admin Staff of the tournament. A decision will be taken between tonight and tomorrow morning.

I dont know if i post this to late.

Sadly i could only play tannenberg and egiin gol on mm.
Tannenberg looks nice, but i have to say that i couldnt enjoy the gameflow at all. So many heightdifferences on such little space, so many corners you cant see archers behind, so many places cavaly can get trapped instantly. It wasnt fun for me to never exactly know where the enemies and their archers are until they shoot you. Also the dark design of the castle_h probs makes it difficult for to see rhodoks on this, they really are chameleons in these close quarters.

Then i played Egiin gol. The map became better with every time i played it, but i still dislike the horrid walking ways as infantry. Maybe cavsuperstar firunien should think more at the poor infs that have to run a whole minute to the flag while the cav is there in some seconds :wink: I was also annoyed by the height differences at the river, they make you so much slower and make it so much more difficult to push quickly. In addition archers can shoot you the whole time while you are walking as there is only protection on the flags. Also rounds never end quickly, first you wait for the flag and then you walk a minute or wait a minute for the enemy and then you fight, this feels a bit like the slow mercs matches.

Much critism, i know :smile: as i didnt play the other maps i cant say something about their gameplay, but most of the other maps look a bit fast-made to me and dont look very beautiful, even if some have a cool layout.

Apfel said:
I dont know if i post this to late.

Sadly i could only play tannenberg and egiin gol on mm.
Tannenberg looks nice, but i have to say that i couldnt enjoy the gameflow at all. So many heightdifferences on such little space, so many corners you cant see archers behind, so many places cavaly can get trapped instantly. It wasnt fun for me to never exactly know where the enemies and their archers are until they shoot you. Also the dark design of the castle_h probs makes it difficult for to see rhodoks on this, they really are chameleons in these close quarters.

Then i played Egiin gol. The map became better with every time i played it, but i still dislike the horrid walking ways as infantry. Maybe cavsuperstar firunien should think more at the poor infs that have to run a whole minute to the flag while the cav is there in some seconds :wink: I was also annoyed by the height differences at the river, they make you so much slower and make it so much more difficult to push quickly. In addition archers can shoot you the whole time while you are walking as there is only protection on the flags. Also rounds never end quickly, first you wait for the flag and then you walk a minute or wait a minute for the enemy and then you fight, this feels a bit like the slow mercs matches.

Much critism, i know :smile: as i didnt play the other maps i cant say something about their gameplay, but most of the other maps look a bit fast-made to me and dont look very beautiful, even if some have a cool layout.

I will only adress the stuff about Egiin Gol, because Tannenberg has been deemed an archerhell before. Vertical gameplay was one of the goals of the map, might just elevate archers too much, didnt think about camouflage Rhodoks before :grin:

About Egiin Gol :

Inf will have a hard time on this map for sure, but i think there is still more cover then on FbtR. This map is designed as a classical open map not a mixed map.
The traveling ways are around 30 seconds(with shield up) from each flag to each other, which should be enough in a match. There is much room for teams to do tactics for avoiding archers if they are coordinated.

Thanks for the feedback, always appreciated.

BEAIRTEAS ADDED TO THE MAP POOL!

§ The votation has concluded and the admin team has decided that our new map for the WSC2 will be Beairteas. With it, we now have 11 maps and therefore our map pool is now finished and ready for the start of the tournament. Beairteas has now been added to the admin module and the remaining maps that were being tested have been removed. We'd like to thank each and every single person that has helped us with the decision. Best of luck in the tournament!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom