[WSC] Steppe Village Poll & Discussion

Should Steppe Village be added to the WSC map pool?

• Yes. Steppe Village should be added.

Votes: 36 39.6%
  • No. Steppe Village should NOT be added.

Votes: 37 40.7%
  • I don't care.

Votes: 13 14.3%
  • Yes, but it should be fixed. If possible argument why below.

Votes: 5 5.5%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirAlecks

Knight at Arms
WSC-Header.png

Steppe Village Discussion

Welcome, Mitchell has asked the admin team if we could add his map, Steppe Village, into the WSC map pool. We think that is better to ask the community how do they feel about the map before making a proper decision about it. Currently the map is going through some changes that some of us have suggested and has improved quite a lot, with that being said, it is still a new map and has a somewhat different playstyle from what we're used to see from a mixed map. So please, any feedback is appreciated, both for us and Mitchell.

Thank you!

Check out the map here https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,365122.0.html

Might as well give it a try you won't know how it plays otherwise. While your editing the post to add the map if you wouldn't mind accidentally deleting field by the river that would be cool too  :fruity:

Map is good and all, who cares. Don't ask people, you will have your a** served to you. ^

OurGloriousLeader said:
Just include the map or don't. The poll will always be no for new maps, and always yes for sh!t old maps like Village, doesn't mean you should listen.

Well, our opinions on the map are somewhat mixed but positive overall, while we feel it could be a very nice addition to the warband's competitive map pool in general we don't want to add it if a good majority of the tournament playerbase doesn't like it or think that its unbalanced for "x" reasons. Basically, the results of the poll will not decide the fate of the map but rather serve as information for us to decide on it.

_Osiris_ said:
Might as well give it a try you won't know how it plays otherwise. While your editing the post to add the map if you wouldn't mind accidentally deleting field by the river that would be cool too  :fruity:

Hahaha, you caught us red-handed :wink:
That was the idea, if Steppe Village is added, it will most likely be the replacement for Field by the River.

The map looks good at some point you gotta try new things even if they end up being a crackhole just for the sake of not just always playing in the shiet over and over again lol

I don't understand why you would make a public vote where litteraly any forum user can vote, even those who don't have a clue about what this is. If you want to ask opinions, isn't it better to ask the captains themselves, as they're the ones reprensenting the players taking part in the tournament and therefore directly be impacted by such decision.

It depends on whether you are willing to take a risk by adding an untested map. The map looks fine on paper, but so did desolation valley until it was exiled from the competitive map pool.

Tardet said:
I don't understand why you would make a public vote where litteraly any forum user can vote, even those who don't have a clue about what this is. If you want to ask opinions, isn't it better to ask the captains themselves, as they're the ones reprensenting the players taking part in the tournament and therefore directly be impacted by such decision.

We have already contacted some of the most "veteran" captains and map-makers and asked them for opinions, but like I said, the results here have little impact in the decision overall unless it was a vast majority who refused to play it, which didn't happen. Like I said before, this votation and thread was made in order to get an overall feeling about the map and discuss possible fixes/changes, which we have already gathered by some people so I believe the thread was useful overall. Anyway, the admin team will have a final decision about the map by tomorrow, thanks to everyone that has helped us, both in the forums and in PMs/steam!

DECISION ABOUT STEPPE VILLAGE

§ The admin team has decided that Steppe Village will make an appearence in the map pool for the WSC (and will replace Field by the River) but it will be on probation until the Knockout stage, if the map reveals to be unbalanced or has major issues it will be replaced for another map that the admin team considers adequated. Otherwise the map will remain in the map pool of the tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom