[WSC] Questions & Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
WSC-Header.png

QUESTIONS & SUGGESTIONS

If you have any question or you want to suggest something feel free to do it here!

(4) When requested by the match referee players must take a screenshot of their game view while holding any kind of ranged weapon or, if they have no ranged weapon, their melee weapon, spear or lance. Players should ensure the screenshot contains the referee message, the scoreboard and buildings or players. Concerned players must post their screenshot within 30 minutes of the match ending on the forums or send it to a tournament admin or the match referee. Failing to comply with any part of this rule may result in a one match ban for that player.
I took this from the ruleset.
My question is about the one match ban a player who fails to take a proper screenshots gets. Why just one match?
That rule, or rules very similar to that one, have been around for a while now. I assume most people are accustomed to them by know and it shouldn't really be an issue to take a screenshot like that. Ofcourse keeping in mind that the ref doesn't ask for screens in the middle of a big fight or a very close round.
Anyway, why not make it longer? One match isn't that much and isn't that harsh a punishment to people who fail to follow the rule.
In terms of wording you could write "Failing to comply with any part of this rule may result in a penalty for that player.", giving the admins the liberty to decide the situation on a more individual basis.. Because really these situations don't happen that often.

Le Roux said:
(4) When requested by the match referee players must take a screenshot of their game view while holding any kind of ranged weapon or, if they have no ranged weapon, their melee weapon, spear or lance. Players should ensure the screenshot contains the referee message, the scoreboard and buildings or players. Concerned players must post their screenshot within 30 minutes of the match ending on the forums or send it to a tournament admin or the match referee. Failing to comply with any part of this rule may result in a one match ban for that player.
I took this from the ruleset.
My question is about the one match ban a player who fails to take a proper screenshots gets. Why just one match?
That rule, or rules very similar to that one, have been around for a while now. I assume most people are accustomed to them by know and it shouldn't really be an issue to take a screenshot like that. Ofcourse keeping in mind that the ref doesn't ask for screens in the middle of a big fight or a very close round.
Anyway, why not make it longer? One match isn't that much and isn't that harsh a punishment to people who fail to follow the rule.
In terms of wording you could write "Failing to comply with any part of this rule may result in a penalty for that player.", giving the admins the liberty to decide the situation on a more individual basis.. Because really these situations don't happen that often.

We completly agree on this and will make the change inmediatly, depending on what is seen on the screenshots, from now on the admins will determine the punish for the player. Thanks for the suggestion.

Also dont let the refs give another chance to take a screenshot of the message because i have seen it quite a lot where someone dosent take it right away the first time and they just blatantly ask the ref to write the message again. If you mess up the first time then you should have been more careful with such a crucial thing.

DarkLight said:
Also dont let the refs give another chance to take a screenshot of the message because i have seen it quite a lot where someone dosent take it right away the first time and they just blatantly ask the ref to write the message again. If you mess up the first time then you should have been more careful with such a crucial thing.

Well, if there's a ref stupid enough to ask for s screen during a fight or danger, I wouldn't be surprised. Otherwise I agree.

Nexoner said:
How about to start semi-finals immediately.
AE – Unity – Castellans – FT.
Matches aren't decided untill the last set is over. Don't assume these will be the 4 finalists because of their roster.

Kragen said:
Is the Stairs glitch on SandiBush fixed yet ?

Now that you mention it...

As with many other glitches found in different maps, no-one has fixed this glitch in a long time. However, we want to deliver a good and competitive tournament, which means we need to face the demands of a competitive game, especially one that aims (here and in bannerlord) to be considered serious by the community. If you find any glitches in any map, please report them to us. We're currently working on an update for the servers that will include patches for all maps involved.

AnchorTheMean said:
Randomised mirrored winterburg factions pls

That's already been set since the rules were written. 1 faction for each winterburg knockout stage possible match up will be randomised before pick night, that faction will be mirrored to both sides in case they reach winterburg. The 4 remaining factions will be the ones to be played during the 2 maps.

Kragen said:
Where are the open maps?

According to lists of the maps here https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,368474.0.html , the open maps are Castellum (played in Week 1), Frosthaven (played in Week 2), Reveran Village and River Village.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom