[WRT] Warband Revival Tournament

The WRT is a Native 8v8 tournament, trying to revive the native competitive scene.

Quick Overview

Category
Warband
Language
English (US)
Total members
Total events
Total discussions

[WRT] Discussion and Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Explain me why are u crying about competitive players playing in div c, and telling us that u dont want to play against them but u guys are also joining mm which is full of Div A/B players to throw most of the games and kill it in that way. Why dont u have problem with playing there then????

Anyway from the player list that Haytimir posted here, only Mace is Div A player. I love other examples of the players who played in Malta 3 or 4 years ago when they had really weak roster. Or Vincent who "has been playing in Div A many times" Im not sure if he played even once, u have to do better research in the future

Last edited:
I didnt said they shouldnt be in div b. Just tried to point that, the list was totally pointless. Im not sure about MF but they could take NL place for sure.

The question how we need to deal with it. because its abuse on div C teams. The most cynical in this situation is that vincent was the organizer and administrator of previous tournaments. Looks like its really Big Fun for them
You can piss right off dude, where on earth is the correlation between this team and me organising previous tournaments? How me putting in hours of my own time for the community is 'cynical' all of a sudden really is beyond me.

As many people already pointed out, just because a couple of rusty people come back to play together it doesn't mean they'll be good. I mean people thinking im a Div A player all of a sudden really makes me laugh.
However it is true that some people have performed well which we couldn't really predict: Like Qwal and Tib who haven't played competitively in 8 years, who could've known they're gonna be SLAYERS.

We've lost scrims against lower tier div B teams and had a close scrim with CHADSQUAD recently, so merely looking at names and deciding we are too good for Div C is not the way to go.

If ronny and the tournament administration had thought we'd be too good for Div C they wouldn't have put us there, but in any tournament that is this small there is a possibility of a team being in a limbo where they are too strong for one division and too weak for another.

Lord Metzger the archer god revived.

Why do people cry when there‘s already everything set in stone? What do you exactly want? Transfer a team from Div C to Div B after 3 weeks? Ban them from the tournament for adding high class elite player?

Instead of crying you could worked out solutions. Well, there‘s no solution to this problem..

You can piss right off dude, where on earth is the correlation between this team and me organising previous tournaments? How me putting in hours of my own time for the community is 'cynical' all of a sudden really is beyond me.

As many people already pointed out, just because a couple of rusty people come back to play together it doesn't mean they'll be good. I mean people thinking im a Div A player all of a sudden really makes me laugh.
However it is true that some people have performed well which we couldn't really predict: Like Qwal and Tib who haven't played competitively in 8 years, who could've known they're gonna be SLAYERS.

We've lost scrims against lower tier div B teams and had a close scrim with CHADSQUAD recently, so merely looking at names and deciding we are too good for Div C is not the way to go.

If ronny and the tournament administration had thought we'd be too good for Div C they wouldn't have put us there, but in any tournament that is this small there is a possibility of a team being in a limbo where they are too strong for one division and too weak for another.
Case here is you got a bunch of div b/a players such as yourself, mace, triari, taby, marc and weesmithy for a low division tourney where you outclass them in every class. I would make the case of you swapping with Northern Lions but I played in a scrim against you and I'd say you'd probably get stomped in div b. Maybe play classes you are not used to (eg. you cav with weesmithy or triari inf to make it fair). Or just move the 2 weakest teams in div b and bring them to div c.

Case here is you got a bunch of div b/a players such as yourself, mace, triari, taby, marc and weesmithy for a low division tourney where you outclass them in every class. I would make the case of you swapping with Northern Lions but I played in a scrim against you and I'd say you'd probably get stomped in div b. Maybe play classes you are not used to (eg. you cav with weesmithy or triari inf to make it fair). Or just move the 2 weakest teams in div b and bring them to div c.
Chadsquad won 12-2 against ReV, we won 12-3, our score vs Riverwood was 11-5, Meow also won against them. From results alone i dont see anyone getting outclassed, just the fact that a tournament this size wont always have balanced fixtures. and yes, mace is already playing archer most of the time and we all keep rotating classes.

If ronny and the tournament administration had thought we'd be too good for Div C they wouldn't have put us there.

I just want to make this very clear, it was RONNY'S decision to allow your team to play within Div C something which I was opposed to. He also told me it was based on the fact that if your team was not placed within Div C your team would 'quit the tournament'. Whereas you got teams like NL with Lag Queen who wanted a challenge and got put into Div B at her request.

Any team with 'actual' Div A & B players regardless of the bull**** excuse 'they play other classes and alternate' should never be placed in Div C.

Half of your roster is either Div B or high Div B (Metzger, Varus, Weesmithy, Yami, You, Tib, Taby, Shady, Blubb, Cattiee, Foley & Marc) anyone I didn't mention I have no clue who they are, but then you have Mace & Carpediem who are and have been div A for years? You also have Triari, who at one point was the best archer in the scene? It's a huge violation allowing your team to be in Div C.

However, tourney has started its three weeks in. We can't do anything about the situation without ****ing up the tournament as Ascarion has pointed out, so I am sorry to the Div C teams about this.

- This is not from 'the admin teams' point of view, just my own personal view. Ronny has his own views, which hopefully he will post.

Last edited:
I just want to make this very clear, it was RONNY'S decision to allow your team to play within Div C something which I was opposed to. He also told me it was based on the fact that if your team was not placed within Div C your team would 'quit the tournament'. Whereas you got teams like NL with Lag Queen who wanted a challenge and got put into Div B at her request.

Any team with 'actual' Div A & B players regardless of the bull**** excuse 'they play other classes and alternate' should never be placed in Div C.

Half of your roster is either Div B or high Div B (Metzger, Varus, Weesmithy, Yami, You, Tib, Taby, Shady, Blubb, Cattiee, Foley, Blubb & Marc) anyone I didn't mention I have no clue who they are, but then you have Mace & Carpediem who are and have been div A for years? You also have Triari, who at one point was the best archer in the scene? It's a huge violation allowing your team to be in Div C.

However, tourney has started its three weeks in. We can't do anything about the situation without ****ing up the tournament as Ascarion has pointed out, so I am sorry to the Div C teams about this.

- This is not from 'the admin teams' point of view, just my own personal view. Ronny has his own views, which hopefully he will post.
idk how we can quit a tournament we weren't even part of at the time but keep spouting **** when our results are literally the same as CHADSQUADs.

You could've put NL in div C instead of us who are literally the same skill level as us and CHADSQUAD OR you couldve put us CHADSQUAD and NL all in Div B which would've lead to a 4 team Div C.

Sounds like you to throw ronny under the bus for a problem within the tournament that has to do with division size and seeding rather than anything else. For him the options were to put us in Div B and NL in Div C, which neither team wanted, or put each of the teams which are on a very similar level in their preferred division.

Last edited:
Pure swerving this convo about Vincent's team, why the hell was NL put into DIV B when they have that roster? Don't get me wrong they play well and I know most of them but it isn't a DIV B sided team it should of been DIV C, and so many people have agreed with me on it. I know they had a strong roster on the sign ups with people like Tallie and Maxxxio for example I think was in it but still, it should be been checked before finalizing what division they should of been put in. Really not fair on their before and im on the fence with Vincents team as they have good players yes, but most of them don't ever play anymore and are rusty asf.

Tbf they did ask for it. But I don't believe Lag Queen knew how difficult Div B would be. Sometimes you just have to deny stupid requests such as made by NL

Sounds like you to throw ronny under the bus for a problem within the tournament that has to do with division size and seeding rather than anything else. For him the options were to put us in Div B and NL in Div C, which neither team wanted, or put each of the teams which are on a very similar level in their preferred division.
That is such bull****. In no world is your team on an equal skill level. Even in this tourney div B is much weaker than it usually is, which would make your team one of the stronger onces in Div B.

Pure swerving this convo about Vincent's team, why the hell was NL put into DIV B when they have that roster? Don't get me wrong they play well and I know most of them but it isn't a DIV B sided team it should of been DIV C, and so many people have agreed with me on it. I know they had a strong roster on the sign ups with people like Tallie and Maxxxio for example I think was in it but still, it should be been checked before finalizing what division they should of been put in. Really not fair on their before and im on the fence with Vincents team as they have good players yes, but most of them don't ever play anymore and are rusty asf.
Never played with them so I doubt I was on their roster :p
I literally said the same in dc, before the tourny even started, why would NL be in div B and vincents team in div C, they should've been swapped.
But honestly, if vincents team was put in div B, they would still get clapped by BKP and Gombao etc. Divs are never gonna be really balanced cuz some "div A" players cba to play properly (aka play div A), but they'd still stomp most div B players and obviously C without having to try lol.

Tbf they did ask for it. But I don't believe Lag Queen knew how difficult Div B would be. Sometimes you just have to deny stupid requests such as made by NL

That is such bull****. In no world is your team on an equal skill level. Even in this tourney div B is much weaker than it usually is, which would make your team one of the stronger onces in Div B.
We lost a scrim to NL and we played close scrims with CHADSQUAD. If you can't be bothered to read what I already wrote, don't make ridiculous claims such as we wouldn't get smashed in Div B - going from names alone. From results you can argue CHADSQUAD is better than us in Div C.

It is pointless making these points over and over again but: us, CHADSQUAD, NL and maybe MF are arguably too good for Div C and too bad for Div B and would interchangeably either smash in Div C or get smashed in Div B. The question is just which team(s) too good for division C you want to put in there. But of course it is easier to blame a single team than question whether or not 3 divisions make sense with barely 20 teams.

In WRC (or idk, one of the tournaments i ran)
we had 30+ teams with 4 divisions which made it easier to account for skill gaps but you're never gonna get a perfect seeding. With only 20 teams this becomes even harder.

Last edited:
I don't actually think NL is good enough for div B tho
They would fit in perfectly fine in this current div C. Althought it doesnt matter anymore, just saying for future tourneys maybe

Back
Top Bottom