wrong shields

Users who are viewing this thread

phoen!x

Sergeant
hi,

I d like to exchange the mod used round round shields with the norman long shields for England. I saw the shields in other mods already. So what do I have to do to change them and to use/create the proper skin on in ?

well firstly you download the other mod and play that one. anyway this is the only mod that focuses on the 1080AD timeframe so i don't know what other mod it is.

England, as a whole faction, in this mod should be a lot more 'Normanesque' than they currently are.

Both 'English' cavalry and infantry would use the kite-shield extensively in this period with varying patterns.

Then again there's also the fact that heraldry as a system wasn't invented until much, much later and therefore Irish warriors with 'harp' surcoats wouldn't be anywhere to be seen either. Neither would the great-kilt or tartan patterns seen within the mod

There are a few things about this mod that aren't in there that you'd expect and others that are that you wouldn't.

Guess it's just something for history buffs like me to complain about really  :lol:

If you want to add this then i suggest you try speaking in the forge section dont forget to try the search engine first then post your thread if you can't find it if i know i will let you know.. :p

ok guys thx.

And it has in so far to do with the mod BECAUSE 1080 !!! was 14 ! years after 1066 ... and noticed something ?

1066 was the date the NORMANS conquered England. Thus the English knights are NO English knights actually. It s Norman Knights, 14 years after the invasion. Even Richard Lionheart was concerned to be a "Norman King", much later.

Well, well well...

A report about rule breaking... I decide my reaction soon... Till tomorow I will have solved that and I will bring order back here -if needed-  :mrgreen:

With Pride, The Moderator  :smile:

Ah, D1SC0, frae Glesgae eh? Braw place but a wee bit grottie...  :lol:

phoen!x, believe me, we already know. One of my main complaints in fact.

In my eyes a typical issue in "let the forum rules grip".

btw. I have found kite shields in Breaveheart. This is a very interesting thing, becaues it plays 200 years after your mod.

http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=OzgZTDdOnz8&feature=related Minute: 6:22.

And in MTW2 they are standard. Especially for Britain.

phoen!x said:
In my eyes a typical issue in "let the forum rules grip".

btw. I have found kite shields in Breaveheart. This is a very interesting thing, becaues it plays 200 years after your mod.

http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=OzgZTDdOnz8&feature=related Minute: 6:22.

And in MTW2 they are standard. Especially for Britain.

Then again, neither M2TW nor escoecially Braveheart are known to be pinnacles of hitoricity ( kilts, ffs...)

so, may I ask what your "pinnacle of hitoricity " was ? This wasn t meant to be a prove. But that it only were 14 years away from the invasion should have been ...

Why should sombody have sayed "oww we conquered England. So lets change our shields now!" ? "yeah, lets do this finally !!!"  :lol:

Except for the pattern.

And it WAS the most modern and (most used later) shield at this age.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kite_shield

I see you cancelled the repost... Why?  :???:

And about that. I have no intention of putting new shields like kite ones or so...

I will send some textures here maybe but that doesn't mean they will be added in-game!  :lol:

Dimos said:
I see you cancelled the repost... Why?  :???:

And about that. I have no intention of putting new shields like kite ones or so...

I will send some textures here maybe but that doesn't mean they will be added in-game!  :lol:

canceled ?? no .. just edited my post ...

that s fine ! Do that and tell me what I have to do, and here we go. Thx

also in braveheart the battle of stirling bridge was lacking  bridge.. and a river. 

@McScottish: aye a im. where yea fae? glasgas a awright place but i canne stay here aw ma life. anywae wit team dae yea support?

D1SC0 N1NJ4 said:
also in braveheart the battle of stirling bridge was lacking  bridge.. and a river. 

@McScottish: aye a im. where yea fae? glasgas a awright place but i canne stay here aw ma life. anywae wit team dae yea support?

Ask for a Scotish Gaelic sub-forum, here we speak only English, ok?  :mrgreen:

yeah we re not on Glen Moutain or somewhere  :mrgreen:

and I really wouldn t mind the bridge and river. I loved the movie and took it for VERY realistic.

well the movie aint realistic. IT WAS FILMED IN IRELAND FFS!!! also we're not speaking gaelic... it's just the way we talk and pronouce the words. 

Back
Top Bottom