Resolved Wrong serial key format

Users who are viewing this thread

In 2013 I purchased a bundle containing Warband and With Fire and Sword (Savage Fields). The box with Steam versions of said software was distributed by CD Projekt (cdp.pl), the publisher for the whole of Poland, Hungary, Slovakia and Czechia. The only way to activate the games was to insert a CD with a game into the drive. Then, a serial key must have been entered. I did so with Warband since I wanted to play it; I had already played WFaS before. I obtained a Steam key for Warband from an activation key written on the guide. Later my drive went out of order and I could not activate the key for WFaS, even though I wanted to play WFaS at that time.

Here is a similar thread: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/problem-with-activation.362046/. What to do with a serial key in this format: XX-XXXXXX-XXXXXX-XXXXXX-XXXXXX? Please, help, because I want to buy the entire franchise and would have enough money for that if I registered WFaS on Steam.

For a record, MArdA helped me to get a serial key in Steam format. It worked and was activated. The thread can be marked as "Resolved".

Exactly 10 years ago I played WFaS for the first time. Perfect time to return to it!

Last edited:
@MArdA TaleWorlds Hey, I have the excactly same problem as described in this thread. Is there a possibility to help? I have added the game with the serial key that I got to my Taleworlds user games list, but still cannot activate it after downloading the latest version as the requested key format doesn't follow the one that I was provided with.

Back
Top Bottom