Wrong calculation of Win/Lost wars and crazy war declarations after you selected as ruler.

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm ruler of Vlandia, Vlandia's power is 22000 currently. I'm in war with N Empire, W Empire, Aserai, Khuzait, Battania and Sturgia. As you can see, almost all kingdoms and they all declared war to me at the exact same time (This has to be fixed, how can a kingdom even with 22000+ power make war against 6 kingdoms at the same time? this happened to me first time in 1000 hours of gameplay, after ruler selection implemented, these kingdoms are not fighting with eachother and they are focused to destroy me like they are in an allience) anyway, Battania only has 1 city and 2 castle, their lords keeps being prisoned by us. We took their 2 citys and few castles. But, at diplomacy screen game says if we make peace now we will pay them 2500 tribute. I mean are you kidding me? My kingdom caused 15000++ casulties to them, we conquered their 2 citys and 3-4 castles, I have between 10-15 Battanian lords in prison but game says we will pay them, why? because they raided more villages than me lmao. I mean that was the moment where my brain stopped try to understand Bannerlord, really.

Edit: If I make peace one of this kingdoms, they are declaring war again 2 days later.

I'm ruler of Vlandia, Vlandia's power is 22000 currently. I'm in war with N Empire, W Empire, Aserai, Khuzait, Battania and Sturgia. As you can see, almost all kingdoms and they all declared war to me at the exact same time (This has to be fixed, how can a kingdom even with 22000+ power make war against 6 kingdoms at the same time? this happened to me first time in 1000 hours of gameplay, after ruler selection implemented, these kingdoms are not fighting with eachother and they are focused to destroy me like they are in an allience) anyway, Battania only has 1 city and 2 castle, their lords keeps being prisoned by us. We took their 2 citys and few castles. But, at diplomacy screen game says if we make peace now we will pay them 2500 tribute. I mean are you kidding me? My kingdom caused 15000++ casulties to them, we conquered their 2 citys and 3-4 castles, I have between 10-15 Battanian lords in prison but game says we will pay them, why? because they raided more villages than me lmao. I mean that was the moment where my brain stopped try to understand Bannerlord, really.

Edit: If I make peace one of this kingdoms, they are declaring war again 2 days later.

Here's the bottom line:

The AI's war strategy is basically to depend upon the kindness of thier enemies.

That is to say, they launch crappy kamikazee attacks with no strategy but to swarm you, get captured, escape, and swarm you again, get captyred again, escape again, repeat.

So, basically, thier entire strategy is depending on you being Mr. Nice Guy and playing along with thier idiocy.

Kill every single one of thier Lords the minute you capture them. Wipe out entire clans.

They can't swarm you if they're all dead.

Now, this will hurt relations with every clan in the game... but, so what?

What would the behavior of a clan that LIKES you look like, if they were in an enemy realm?

Exactly the same as a clan that hates you; they'd swarm, get captured, escape, rinse, repeat. Whether they have +100 opinion of you or -100 opinion, thier behavior stays the same.

So kill them all, and that ends that.

Here's the bottom line:

The AI's war strategy is basically to depend upon the kindness of thier enemies.

That is to say, they launch crappy kamikazee attacks with no strategy but to swarm you, get captured, escape, and swarm you again, get captyred again, escape again, repeat.

So, basically, thier entire strategy is depending on you being Mr. Nice Guy and playing along with thier idiocy.

Kill every single one of thier Lords the minute you capture them. Wipe out entire clans.

They can't swarm you if they're all dead.

Now, this will hurt relations with every clan in the game... but, so what?

What would the behavior of a clan that LIKES you look like, if they were in an enemy realm?

Exactly the same as a clan that hates you; they'd swarm, get captured, escape, rinse, repeat. Whether they have +100 opinion of you or -100 opinion, thier behavior stays the same.

So kill them all, and that ends that.
That's one way to play and players should have that option, but they should have other viable options too.

I feel you as I am having similar problems though mine are made by my own Kingdom. The reason I am at war with multiple factions isn't because they are declaring war on me, it is because my lords keep pushing through war declarations on them. This actually begs the question are those factions actually declaring war on you or are you getting prompted to declare war on them? I ask because I have never seen another faction declare war on mine and another poster said he tested three years of game time and also never had another faction declare on him just his faction pushing to declare war on them.

For me the issue is that I can't get enough influence to continually vote down a war declarations prompted by my own nobles at the rate of one proposal about every 3 minutes until we are fighting the world. They always seem to have 100% support for war from ever lord in my faction as well making it cost like 500-750 influence per override despite us already being in wars with 2-3 factions. Not one of my lords seems to have the common sense to find that being at war with 2-3 factions at once is actually a bad idea and will support me in saying no to war.

I also agree with the issues with the peace calculations. I have many times facepalmed in complete confusion how we could have taken 2-4 of their fiefs, captured a dozen of their lords and annihilated several of their major armies to the point we are clearly, without a doubt winning and they want me to pay them. I had never considered how much raiding might have contributed to that equation. I guess it would be nice to have some sort of war orders menu where I could tell me faction to focus on raiding, taking territory, defending, etc but nope.

I never declare war on other kingdoms & since I've been ruler of the Southern Empire I haven't had any war declarations come up for vote in my kingdom. The problem I have is that the Aserai & khuzaits alternate wars with me. I'm almost never in peace. So I don't have the time to reinforce my empire's holdings or the time to recruit new lords to join us. Regarding a high number of kingdoms at war with you, I've run into that before & there are a few reasons for it...

The first is that you did the stupid main quest. It basically provides no benefit and gets a bunch of kingdoms at war with you at once. Once a kingdom wars with you, it seems they will almost always have a reason to war with you again.

The kingdom you are in can affect how many enemies you have. Vlandia borders the Battanians, Western Empire, Aserai & can be close to the Sturgians, Northern Empire or Southern Empire. If you have one weak holding they swarm for it. I've noticed defeated kingdoms that still have lords will declare on any kingdom that has a weak spot, even if its not close to them. In theory this is because they want to have a kingdom again. In practice, a kingdom that doesn't have any holdings should just go away unless rebels rise up in their traditional territories.

A couple other things can affect who declares on you. If you hold something that traditionally belongs to another kingdom that kingdom seems more prone to go to war with you, whether it is well protected or not. The opposite may be true. If another kingdom holds territory that traditionally belongs to one of your clan members they may want to declare war against them to get it back.

I use the term 'traditionally' above to represent the starting positions/holdings.

Back
Top Bottom