In Progress Wrong archer`s AI priorities

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
v1.1.0
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Summary:I tested your new auto-mode for sieges for a bit. It works solid. I like it but i have noticed one miscalculation about archers AI.
Basically one of your infantry squads defends gates, but if they are too few against anamies, closest archers coming to help them in meele. It would be fine if not the fact that first to help it same archers that shooting from walls. Even if you have many of them in your reserve. So what in the end we have. Enemies overhelming your infantry at the gates but instead of getting supported by reserved forces of archers(which are literally afk waiting), your archers at wall abandon their position(which still reserved for them and cant be replaced) and instead of fresh reinforcement you loosing not less needed archers at the wall and no one is shooting enemies that sieging walls anymore.
Plus your reserve still waiting cause placed at the wall are still reserved for archers that came to help in meele.
Solving - let reserved archers become reinforcement first, instead of archers that have own place at the wall.
Same with ladders, if your infantry at any ladder are overhelming, closest archers coming for help them and abandon their positions. If you have reserved archers, there is no reason for archers that able to shoot abandon their wall. They reserved a place at the walls after all. They are more useful there.

Maybe they abandon that part of walls for prevent being caught by overhelming infantry, might be. But anyway, some of archers from wall run to fight in meele instead of run to reserve and waiting there, when reserve doesnt move at all.
How to Reproduce: Siege 200 vs 500.When your infantry percentage is 35% and acrhers 65% and full 500 infantry units for enemy. Then you will get 20 troops at the gates against 150 enemies. It forces your archers to reinforce your gates and they will abandon walls instead of keep shooting. Your Reserve still waiting for no reason.
Have you used cheats and if so which: none, never
Scene Name (if related): Doesnt matter, every siege map
Media (Screenshots & Video):
1) - beginning, there are archers at walls
2) they are abanon walls to fight in meele or run to reserve
3) there are more than 30 archers waiting in reserve.
4) empty walls but over 1000000 archers in reserve
5) we are waiting here, sure.
Computer Specs:
GPU: Yes
GPU Driver Version: Yes
CPU: Yes
RAM: Yes
Motherboard: Yes
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): Yes

Last edited:
What is the castle/town in the pictures?
Forwarded to the QA team for further investigation. We will reach out again if we need more information. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

Back
Top Bottom