Wow, Multiplayer auto-blocker

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a shame the guy who made it removed his description of how, and the reason he said he removed it was so it doesn't get fixed soon.

Douchebag. :neutral:

IG_M said:
Spec's talking about a server-side mod being worked on, and from what I've seen of the testing it's doing a pretty good job of detection

If taleworlds' solution turns out to be a bit of a, how shall I put this, 'With Fire and Sword', it's good to know that there are community white-hats around working on detection if not prevention. I'd recommend anyone toying with the idea of using this be very careful of their server choice even now.

My mistake. A server-side detection method could be paired with an automated kick script, assuming the detection was reasonably accurate (>95%, I'd say). I bet TaleWorlds might even pay for it if it's effective enough. It doesn't help sales if the community is known to harbor an excessive number of cheaters. I don't want M&B multiplayer to turn into another Crysis. That was terrible.

Orion said:
It's a shame the guy who made it removed his description of how, and the reason he said he removed it was so it doesn't get fixed soon.

Douchebag. :neutral:
Well us who tried it and got it to work, such as myself and (probably) NomNom would be willing to share that information with the devs if that would help them fix it.

I know of the hack and its exact origins.  (The people who made this are notorious in other games for hacking)

Its a bit disturbing at the least to see this come into the community.

However, it should be noted that blocking is NOT the only part of fighting. an experienced fighter can easily be an auto-blocker because blocking is only a fraction of it.

Two things:

One, Warband Autoblock in google brings up TKC Community. This is /not/ 'The Kitten Crusaders' like my clan is. For starters, none of us are memorably good players for melee, let alone me already being **** on by a number of you, so you know I'm legit (by how ****ty I am). I tested this privately with Person 1 and Person 2 on an empty server and we ran into the following conclusions:

-No matter what the keybindings, the program will always force you to block down if -no other attack is being made-.

-If you hold down the block button, you will react with superhuman speed to every single feint made at you. While holding the button down and moving at a distance to avoid being kicked you are, for all intents and purposes, invulnerable to anything in dueling.

-This hack -will- block through graphical models. We had Verily go on one side of a building and I went on the other. I told him to hit a right swing and hold it. I held the block button; the autoblock will go through graphical models, detect the swing even if there's something in the way or its at a ridiculously ineffective distance, and react. It's that dumb.

Deleted it off my computer, restarting it now to see if it gave me any nasty bugs. This is nasty business and I may not run a second tournament because of it, at least not without some procedure or 'cure' down for this.

Personally, I want to trust every single last community member. We're a tight-knit (no matter how you /don't/ want it to be) community where pretty much everyone knows everyone and it's hard to cast suspicion on anyone except a select few for whom we've been harboring our worries this whole time. However, I do want to assure everyone of the fairest level of competition possible; the flaws with this autoblocker I mentioned are not glaring and maybe a ten-minute check before each match would be a tedious but useful solution. I want more of the community's thoughts.

AGAIN. I REPEAT. This was tested in a controlled environment between myself and two people I know and treat like family. Don't test this in public. Form your own conclusions with some friends, delete it, and remain scrupulous. TKC was not involved in this. In fact, because the place is called TKC Community we are already considering changing our tag.

MODIFY: Uh. I have a dysfunctional family, so what I mean is like a good family. >.>

Secondly, I was under the impression you had to close out and reload to set this up. This can be used at any time and in any place, so... ten minute check wouldn't do squat.

This was mentioned in my above post. As I said, this can be activated at any time. It just requires you to alt-tab out, set it up real quick, and then bam. You're a blocking god. At this point, I don't think we should start a wildfire of paranoia, but it's the darn tootin' truth.

Kitten-mew! said:
This was mentioned in my above post. As I said, this can be activated at any time. It just requires you to alt-tab out, set it up real quick, and then bam. You're a blocking god. At this point, I don't think we should start a wildfire of paranoia, but it's the darn tootin' truth.

So if people pause in the tournament, or go afk, you ask them to block up.

I don't think you understand the rapidity with which this can be done. In something like battle I imagine its use would be limited, but you can easily get to a camping position where you're standing there for minutes at a time and can slip out and then slap it on. It takes people time to run back to the arena after a duel (though a simple up-block check would suffice you can have a confederate standing somewhere behind them with an up swing up for even just a -second- and you'll be able to do the up-block salute. The most trying test, in my opinion, is to tell them to hold the block and then feint at them like crazy.

The mod I was talking about before is already at a stage where I'm extremely doubtful anyone could use this in an environment like a duel tourney and the maker isn't satisfied yet I think. Don't fret so much about it and start canceling your plans, that's how the terrorists win! :wink:

:smile: See, the thing is I'm running duel tournaments. I can't wait to see that mod come out, M! That's what worries me; battle often peters out to sitting in one spot and waiting instead of an immediate, brutal crash, especially if one team is playing cautiously. The downtime there exists to be... silly, you know? It's easily abused until that mod comes out. I may postpone my plans until then.

This is exactly what I thought a certain person was using.

The most amazing Warband players I have ever seen will, eventually, slip up and make a slight mistake and take a hit.

The person that comes to mind with this never, ever, ever, ever slipped up I never saw them miss a single block, even with moves I threw that would require an inhuman reaction time to block.

I am now confirmed in my belief against this person, but will not state their name publicly out of respect for the clan itself.

However, it's extremely important not for all of you out there to call every good player a cheater and accuse them of using this -- I take accusations of cheating extremely serious, and will not call anyone a cheater until I observe them extremely extensively. I've only ever seen one player who I feel is using this or something like it. Even though this program may be out there, I think that 99% of the time, the benefit of the doubt needs to be extended, and careful observation (by skilled players who understand the metagame and largely what's possible and what's not -- most people at the top know the boundaries between godly and cheating) needs to be done.

Rhade said:
This is exactly what I thought a certain person was using.

The most amazing Warband players I have ever seen will, eventually, slip up and make a slight mistake and take a hit.

The person that comes to mind with this never, ever, ever, ever slipped up I never saw them miss a single block, even with moves I threw that would require an inhuman reaction time to block.

I am now confirmed in my belief against this person, but will not state their name publicly out of respect for the clan itself.

However, it's extremely important not for all of you out there to call every good player a cheater and accuse them of using this -- I take accusations of cheating extremely serious, and will not call anyone a cheater until I observe them extremely extensively. I've only ever seen one player who I feel is using this or something like it. Even though this program may be out there, I think that 99% of the time, the benefit of the doubt needs to be extended, and careful observation (by skilled players who understand the metagame and largely what's possible and what's not -- most people at the top know the boundaries between godly and cheating) needs to be done.

Obvious player is obvious.
Kitten-mew! said:
I don't think you understand the rapidity with which this can be done.

Yeah, I think I understand. Was it you trying it out, or me? If you have, every minute and a half, people block up, it'll work.

Me for the past half-hour with two other testers in every conceivable way we could... well, conceive. So we've both tested it.  This is -battle- we're talking about. It's ridiculous to intercede between two teams like the Mad Hatter and just go 'UP BLOCK' as though you were going 'CHANGE PLACES' in order to see who's using an autoblocker and not. This is why I said I would delay my next event until M (and his friend) came out with their preventative mod. Would you like to step into a battle tournament with long downtimes in between fighting and then have the tension/mood/gameplay itself be ruined by constant cheat checking?

Kitten-mew! said:
Me for the past half-hour with two other testers in every conceivable way we could... well, conceive. So we've both tested it.  This is -battle- we're talking about. It's ridiculous to intercede between two teams like the Mad Hatter and just go 'UP BLOCK' as though you were going 'CHANGE PLACES' in order to see who's using an autoblocker and not. This is why I said I would delay my next event until M (and his friend) came out with their preventative mod. Would you like to step into a battle tournament with long downtimes in between fighting and then have the tension/mood/gameplay itself be ruined by constant cheat checking?

You wouldn't have to intercede. The team captains would gently remind their team, and an up block takes 1 second. Not that hard. Obviously if someone were mid fight, they could wait till right after they get out.

spaz_ said:
hackley that ******** **** *****

I'm sorry, but everyone beating around the bush and then spaz just coming out like Big Gay Harry out of the closet with his **** waving around made me lol

Frankly, I don't see this becoming too big of a problem. Why do people use stuff like aim-bots or wallhacks in other games? For the lulz, which are easily achieved since an aimbot really gives the cheater a godly advantage. With M&B, it's not so much. A person expecting lulz will use it and still get owned, because unlike aiming in an FPS, blocking isn't the only part of M&B melee. Once they get owned a few times, their fun will be spoiled and they'll either quit using it or quit the game entirely.

I don't think that "still get owned" factor will be there in duels, though. Holding down right mouse click will literally have you react and block anything, even through graphical models, and if you stay out of kick range there is no way to touch you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom