Wow, Multiplayer auto-blocker

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
eigyh said:
regardless of the people claiming that this is a 'useless' hack and that they've means to get around it -- it does have severely negative effects on the game.
this

Gaunt said:
If it just adds auto block then it is useless.

Manual block is easier than auto block.
Are you kidding me? How is manual block easier than auto block? In manual block you must input direction as well as click block. In auto block all you have to do is click.

MadocComadrin said:
After you get used to manual, autoblock feels really clunky.

Because it is  :smile:

Cossack8559 said:
Its a shame though that with the steam sale and newer players coming into MP you get constantly accused of being a cheat or vote kicked for having 15 or more kills above the next best player.

I find that kind of gratifying actually, it means that you are doing well.

that's no real justification for it. it IS foolish to deny that this is ridiculous. hell, have someone download it and try it for yourself. it's a joke.  it marginalizes the skill difference between players to a ridiculous extent. 

Yeah, so no one should post any more topics about it or we might start seeing more people with it :razz:

And of course I realize that they are still beatable, but like eigyh said, it allows noobs to be much more effective than they are normally without putting in the work

Ruthven said:
I tested it out against some of the bots on GK Royale. If it's legit, I'm doin it wrong. Though I found my main problem with testing was that I would reflexively block correctly ~90% of the time anyways. But hey, I could be wrong.

Was that when you were dueling me? explains a lot.

Can't say I'm too shocked to see this. As has been previously mentioned, I'm sure this thing has been out and in private use for a while before it was publically posted.

Whats wrong with using auto block?
I just found out there was diff ways to block like about a month ago.
I just started to use manual block like 3 weeks ago.
Honestly, they both are good. I prefer auto a lot more tho. I hate having to look far left or far right or to the ground in order to f'in block.

People are talking about teh hax in here, not auto-block on auto-block servers.

I know of at least one coder currently working on sth to counter the use of this, by the way, so fear not.

Where autoblock is the standard, nothing. It feels a bit clunky to most manual blockers, but if that's what you want (and you're on the appropriate server where this is enabled) then it's fine.

Where manual blocking is the standard, like many US duel servers? It's unscrupulous. The manual blocking setting is on for a reason; most players believe (I am one of them, so I may be biased. If I'm wrong, correct me!) that manual blocking is a truer test of skill and is one of the many things that makes a player go from good to great. When you enter a server with the manual blocking setting on, there is an unspoken agreement to test skill against skill with all the given settings. Using an external aid like an autoblocker breaks that trust in a very unfair way.

You guys must not have visited the link, so lots of you have the misconception that it just enables auto-block. It doesn't. Judging from what I read on the website before the link was removed, you run a separate executable in the background. You change your in-game block key to middle-mouse button, and hold the right mouse button to activate the background executable. It automatically detects incoming attacks and triggers middle-mouse as necessary.

It isn't enabling the current autoblock mechanism, it quite literally blocks automatically. At least with the game's autoblock you have to press RMB in time with your opponent's attacks, this just triggers a new block every time the attack direction changes. In a 0-ping environment it would follow feints perfectly regardless of the speed at which they're performed.

Spec said:
I know of at least one coder currently working on sth to counter the use of this, by the way, so fear not.

You shouldn't have to use a 3rd party program to counteract another. The game just doesn't have any kind of anti-cheat software that will counter this. I'm not entirely sure how they'd do it, either.

I tried this, and it works perfectly... it actually works better than normal autoblock because rather than lifting right click and re-right clicking, you can just hold down right click and it'll change the block for you.
I highly suggest devs try to do something to fix this if possible, this could ruin the game if theres a constant suspicion that every good player is using this.

Orion said:
Spec said:
You shouldn't have to use a 3rd party program to counteract another. The game just doesn't have any kind of anti-cheat software that will counter this. I'm not entirely sure how they'd do it, either.
Spec's talking about a server-side mod being worked on, and from what I've seen of the testing it's doing a pretty good job of detection

If taleworlds' solution turns out to be a bit of a, how shall I put this, 'With Fire and Sword', it's good to know that there are community white-hats around working on detection if not prevention. I'd recommend anyone toying with the idea of using this be very careful of their server choice even now.

Orion said:
You guys must not have visited the link, so lots of you have the misconception that it just enables auto-block. It doesn't. Judging from what I read on the website before the link was removed, you run a separate executable in the background. You change your in-game block key to middle-mouse button, and hold the right mouse button to activate the background executable. It automatically detects incoming attacks and triggers middle-mouse as necessary.

It isn't enabling the current autoblock mechanism, it quite literally blocks automatically. At least with the game's autoblock you have to press RMB in time with your opponent's attacks, this just triggers a new block every time the attack direction changes. In a 0-ping environment it would follow feints perfectly regardless of the speed at which they're performed.

Spec said:

It was taken down before I got a chance to peek at it. Thank you for clarifying. Is there any known method of detection, as of yet? I dueled NomNom a few times while he was using it and achieved a 66% win ratio. >.>; By kicking him.

Kitten-mew! said:
I dueled NomNom a few times while he was using it and achieved a 66% win ratio. >.>; By kicking him.

Yeah it's not like I was actually trying to hit you. It's quite easy kick slashing a person who is standing still.

This is serious, and disappointing. I only play multiplayer and to say the least I think this is the biggest threat to the small community dedicated to warbands multiplayer, who like Reapy said play for the enjoyment of the game's mechanics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom