Wow, Multiplayer auto-blocker

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

torx1

Recruit
So this is out, and I'm starting to see some impossibly good blockers on servers.... any idea if this is gonna get fixed soon?

[snip]

Edit: Yes, it's real, I tried it... I'm not going to use it but I had to see if it was real.

Never seen nor heard of an auto blocker on warband.
Some people can just block well. It's not hard to once you've put more than 400 hours into the game.

No... it's real. It's like you can stand in front of them and feint really fast a bunch of times and they change their blocking *EXACTLY* when you feint...

torx1 said:
No... it's real. It's like you can stand in front of them and feint really fast a bunch of times and they change their blocking *EXACTLY* when you feint...

I can do that.

So can about 100+ other people.

Yes, but people who can do that are usually good at everything else - I've been seeing people who can block like pros, but can't do anything else.

Check the link... and I tried it (I'll admit it =P) and it's real. It's bs, needs to be fixed soon.

Don't bother, I posted about this a week ago or something and got ridiculed for it by an admin, no less. I'm surprised you posted the link, not cool.

Edit: I see they added a WFaS version too. lol, not like it'll matter all that much, since that's mostly guns.

torx1 said:
Yes, but people who can do that are usually good at everything else - I've been seeing people who can block like pros, but can't do anything else.

Check the link... and I tried it (I'll admit it =P) and it's real. It's bs, needs to be fixed soon.

No computer will best a player! *insert tron reference*

I'd take down the link personally, and PM an admin.

John7 said:
he put that on April 24th  :roll:

I've known her since before new years

Doesn't mean it wasn't around before then. Most of these hacks and crap usually get used 'privately' until somebody gets bored and releases it to satisfy their own ego.

I tested it out against some of the bots on GK Royale. If it's legit, I'm doin it wrong. Though I found my main problem with testing was that I would reflexively block correctly ~90% of the time anyways. But hey, I could be wrong.

Do you have the steam or non-steam version? He just recently posted that the original version only works w/ steam and put up a new file that works with the non-steam version...I guess the hack is different depending on steam or non-steam

Hrmm sad to see that there's something like this out there for sure. I hope with the next m&b they can find a way to shut down things like this, as really it's the only type of hack I could see that would really have an impact on gameplay.

I guess at the end of the day though I think it's a person's loss to use this as you lose out on the fun of actually succeeding on your own. If it really was going to affect something in game it would probably affect clan/competitive play the most, and I think the state of that is already weak enough that it doesn't need something like this on top of it.

Either way, boo.

I know many players who are fantastic at blocking, even the best of blockers will make a mistake and if you your self can block at least 70% of the time you will know who is good and who is cheating. Personally, i don't think i have seen any hackers what so ever on Warband only great players. Its a shame though that with the steam sale and newer players coming into MP you get constantly accused of being a cheat or vote kicked for having 15 or more kills above the next best player.

I'm thinking about making the switch over to fire and sword MP soon as i intend to buy that game from steam today. Not sure though archers do my head in so not looking forward to a team of muskets lol.

regardless of the people claiming that this is a 'useless' hack and that they've means to get around it -- it does have severely negative effects on the game.  we can only hope that the fact that it is a feature within the game (supposedly) being unlocked, that it will be just as easy for taleworlds to prevent it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom