Wounded Troops not recognized as such by campaign AI - trying to attack with NO healthy soldiers

Users who are viewing this thread

NordicNoodle

Recruit
Summary: AI doesnt recognize wounded soldiers in the campaign map and acts as if it had a full fighting force. Enemy treat a wounded party as full fighitng force, even when none (0) healthy soldiers are left in that party. Need fixing asap.
How to Reproduce
: have a AI party with wounded soldiers and a "inferior" healthy enemy party
Quest/Settlement Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Version: 1.0.9 and 1.0.10

As the title says...

I was trying to join a big battle of the kingdom I'm a vassal to (Vlandia) against the Northern Empire after we conquered Battania. Was to late for the battle. But apparently we won (a phyrric victory). The Emperor Lucon got captured. The party of Lucand, the lord that captured Lucon, had 0 (zero) non wounded soldiers in his party left. (0 + 40w). There were several parties involved in the battle, so that alone was not a suprising outcome.

Turns out Lucand (0+40w) doesnt try to go to the closest castle of ours (which would have been my castle of Mecalovea) to bring his party (and his most important prisoner) to safety till at least 40% or so are healed. Instead he tries to join another army of our kingdom (which was across the enemy territory trying to siege a city).
I thought that weird and decided to follow him to ensure his safety (and make sure the Emperor Lucon stays captive).

Soon he was going to run into an enemy party (60 soldiers, none wounded). But to my surprise the enemy army didnt engage the wounded party. Instead they runed away! Ascyron, you coward!

I realised that there might be sth wrong with the AI and dealing with wounded troops...

Turns out the party of Lucand (0+40w) was a battle hardened party with many top tier units, while the enemy party had 50% recruits. Still the 60 strong party should have engaged the wounded party of 0+40w... Or the wounded party should have at least tried to evade the stronger force.

Well, I kept following them (or I tried, as my army was way slower then the crippled party of 0+40w. Maybe they all just broke a finger and that didnt stop them from runing or riding a horse?). Turns out the army of Calatild, that the party of Lucand tried to join, disintegrated soon after.

But that didnt stop the madman Lucand from flogging his wounded soldiers into battle. He now tried to chase down the enemy party of Ascyron (60 soldiers strong) with his non functional fighting force of 0+40w !!

He even managed to catch them in the end (the 60 healthy soldiers couldnt walk faster then 40 wounded, not battle ready troops!).

The outcome was inevitable. He got himself and his veteran soldiers captured and such the Emperor Lucon of the Northern Empire was freed by the unlikely Hero Ascyron...

Sry for the bad "screenshots" and please keep up the work Taleworlds! I have more then 1500h on warband and I plan on playing bannerlord just as much. Looks great so far (for a EA)!

Back
Top Bottom