Wouldn't it be better if siege towers be like this

Users who are viewing this thread

bbaydogdu

Sergeant
I don't want to bore you with long and unnecesary explanations. So I wanted to show you by using my super advanced art skills.

This is how siege towers are currently in bannerlord: current

This is the one I think it would be better: better

I'm pretty sure I'm not the first one who come up with this suggestion. Yet again I would like to know what do you guys think?

its fun if you're the attacker, but you'll call it stupid once you are on the defending side.
+1 to proposed siege tower, but again, AI needs fixing

It would probably make siege towers stronger and I don't see any reason for this. Siege towers in reality were not nearly as effective as in the game. There are a lot of problems of siege towers not simulated (getting to the walls in the first place, for example), then not all advantages have to be in.

Sieges are generally arcade to a huge degree, necessarily. Trebuchets for example could break walls only very seldomly, if a besieger wanted a wall/tower to go down, he had to use mining. We have no mining in the game (maybe too boring?), so trebuchets simulate it. Siege towers are no exception from the arcade principle.

Once upon a time... a boy with high hopes...

JgPKu.jpg

I don't say for SP... it seems that Taleworlds has absolutely no intention to re/implement it but in MP siege environments for custom servers this kind of tower is VERY necessary. @Errayn Have you done any testing on your server? Is this tower still viable?

Holy crap! You drew in 3D!

I like the idea, but I'm worried the attacker will just crowd surf above the defenders and fall to their deaths off the inner side of the wall.

Once upon a time... a boy with high hopes...

JgPKu.jpg

I don't say for SP... it seems that Taleworlds has absolutely no intention to re/implement it but in MP siege environments for custom servers this kind of tower is VERY necessary. @Errayn Have you done any testing on your server? Is this tower still viable?
man of course you can change it to whatever model you want. or even add ballista or catapult to the top of the siege tower. (I know it is not ideal but I am just giving it as an example)

tercio, open editor click show hidden prefabs, search for siegetower. Place that prefab. add whatever you want like the old siege tower you show in this image add a collision body (physics body) make it wooden save it and you are ready to go. (maybe you need to add some scripts to the body too, though you can check it from the original one but making it child to parent entity should be enough. even if not adding scripts is not that hard eider.

let me give 1-2 examples

that ship is normally a "siege tower" and I am using it on taleworlds dedicated multiplayer server.

this one is in single-player. As you can see bots are helping me to push the modified siege tower. the scene is not realistic it was for just a chat i had with someone for making a mp siege map something like this.

Also, the old siege ram is still in the game and you can also use that too. Animations etc for that are still in the game files.

Last edited:
Holy crap! You drew in 3D!

I like the idea, but I'm worried the attacker will just crowd surf above the defenders and fall to their deaths off the inner side of the wall.
No no, it's nothing of mine; it's all part of the Native models.

man of course you can change it to whatever model you want. or even add ballista or catapult to the top of the siege tower. (I know it is not ideal but I am just giving it as an example)

tercio, open editor click show hidden prefabs, search for siegetower. Place that prefab. add whatever you want like the old siege tower you show in this image add a collision body (physics body) make it wooden save it and you are ready to go. (maybe you need to add some scripts to the body too, though you can check it from the original one but making it child to parent entity should be enough. even if not adding scripts is not that hard eider.

let me give 1-2 examples

that ship is normally a "siege tower" and I am using it on taleworlds dedicated multiplayer server.

this one is in single-player. As you can see bots are helping me to push the modified siege tower. the scene is not realistic it was for just a chat i had with someone for making a mp siege map something like this.

Also, the old siege ram is still in the game and you can also use that too. Animations etc for that are still in the game files.

Yes, I knew the model previously (also the ram). I was mentioning it precisely because of the feasibility/compatibility with the native scripts. I am sure that this model will see the light of day in MP implemented by the community.

I love those crazy tests btw:lol:

I don't want to bore you with long and unnecesary explanations. So I wanted to show you by using my super advanced art skills.

This is how siege towers are currently in bannerlord: current

This is the one I think it would be better: better

I'm pretty sure I'm not the first one who come up with this suggestion. Yet again I would like to know what do you guys think?
How dare you question the architecture of Calradia!

What entitlement will we be subject to next? Do you expect there to be rain in this game now too?!

And it would prevent defenders from rushing out and climbing down the ladders.
Giving it some thought here; siege towers and ladders are probably the way they are so troops can retreat, otherwise the attacking A.I. would probably kill everyone's CPU trying to path find their way out of a castle/town when the gate door is still locked and they need to retreat, but there's no route to do so.

But ladders can be knocked down - so that theory is busted anyways! Oh lordie...
stock-photo-drunk-man-drinking-alcohol-at

Back
Top Bottom