Wouldn't it be better if siege towers be like this

Users who are viewing this thread

Once upon a time... a boy with high hopes...

JgPKu.jpg

I don't say for SP... it seems that Taleworlds has absolutely no intention to re/implement it but in MP siege environments for custom servers this kind of tower is VERY necessary. @Errayn Have you done any testing on your server? Is this tower still viable?
4th tower's the proper siege tower, even in WB it was a staple. For BL, even on SP, not having it hurts because there's little to no advantage on using them other than providing partial cover and avoiding body blocking for attacking troops. Though defending troops AI is so incompetent that in the end makes not much of a difference, in fact most of the time it's faster and more reliable to just use default ladders, specially if the defending side has ballistas deployed... 🤷‍♂️
Sieges in BL don't make much sense realistically speaking. The best functionality for such a siege equipment's to provide cover for troops to climb walls much aligned with the principle of a "trojan horse", 2nd and 3rd tower fail at that, first does a better job because they can climb faster.

Giving it some thought here; siege towers and ladders are probably the way they are so troops can retreat, otherwise the attacking A.I. would probably kill everyone's CPU trying to path find their way out of a castle/town when the gate door is still locked and they need to retreat, but there's no route to do so.
It didn't kill our CPU in the original Mount and Blade and Warband...

Once upon a time... a boy with high hopes...

JgPKu.jpg

I don't say for SP... it seems that Taleworlds has absolutely no intention to re/implement it but in MP siege environments for custom servers this kind of tower is VERY necessary. @Errayn Have you done any testing on your server? Is this tower still viable?
I was wondering whether you ever did get the other siege towers to work on a map? Would be a really nice addition to cRPG.

Cheers

For starters it would be nice if infantry pushing it would be hidden inside. Like in actual siege towers. I understand it's for "gameplay balance" so you can slow them down by killing pushing infantry with bows, however they rarely fall anyway as it's mostly heaviest armor troops pushing, so 1 or 2 falls during entire trip and they get replaced immediately, pretty much no difference.

I was wondering whether you ever did get the other siege towers to work on a map? Would be a really nice addition to cRPG.

Cheers
you need to fix the second-floor ladder's physics body with attaching something in there while rebuilding the prefab because you can`t get to 3rd floor but other than that it is working.

Me i am for every totalwar implement. The ability to choose where the tower should land.
I feel however more annoyed that the ladders are at placed at the wall. A defender would not allow that. They would throw down a hook and steal it. But it gives me the player a choise to start the assult quicker.

Back
Top Bottom