Would you watch Comp Skirm

Would you watch comp skirm

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Wondering if someone would watch live-streamed/recorded matches. Reading these threads shows the disconnect of players who play different game modes. Clearly the game is being mainly balanced around skirmish. Maybe people would like to watch why?

Yes especially if there's commentary or if it's from the perspective of a player who is actively talking about their decision making
honestly interesting idea, I make videos but mainly about Duckie and some bannerlord training videos. But I have not thought about talking about my decision making... interesting...

There are quite a few videos about the last BEAST from different clans' perspective. It is interesting to watch them to learn about tactics and teamplay

I've been waiting years for that to come out, supposedly next patch. Battle or skirmish, we'll see I guess. It'll tear the community in 2, and most likely outcome is they'll both die out, at the very least neither will become very popular.

I've been waiting years for that to come out, supposedly next patch. Battle or skirmish, we'll see I guess. It'll tear the community in 2, and most likely outcome is they'll both die out, at the very least neither will become very popular.
At the moment the competitive community seems to be disproportionally in the favor of skirmish being the main comp mode.

Competitive skirmish is very enjoyable to watch and play.

Last edited:
At the moment the competitive community seems to be disproportionally in the favor of skirmish being the main comp mode.

Survivor bias.

Wondering if someone would watch live-streamed/recorded matches. Reading these threads shows the disconnect of players who play different game modes. Clearly the game is being mainly balanced around skirmish. Maybe people would like to watch why?

Battle casts were what got me into Warband's battle mode and competitive scene. Entertaining casting with a good spectator overlay (HP, gold) would be entertaining to watch. However, those sorts of streams would be only be watched by an existing audience and wouldn't draw in new players.

But growing the MP scene has too many problems. (Decided to make my own thread since it was getting far too off topic.)

Last edited:
I think this is nonsense, even within the Bannerlord MP community. There are also hundreds of people that still play Warband’s Battle mode competitively.
He's not necessarily wrong, from the discussions on discords it seems most people are not willing to switch to playing Battle competitively until it's actually balanced out the gold system. Which knowing Taleworlds snail pace of development, will take months.

He's not necessarily wrong, from the discussions on discords it seems most people are not willing to switch to playing Battle competitively until it's actually balanced out the gold system. Which knowing Taleworlds snail pace of development, will take months.
I'm having more fun on Battle than on Skirmish even at this state of the game mode, and looking at so many clans that were created just for it, I think it has a chance to become a main competitive mode in Bannerlord. I don't know how are they going to balance it while having a class system, it will be very hard or even not possible, but still better than Skirmish.

Hard no. Actively playing Skirmish is boring enough as it is, so I imagine having to endure watching it is a punishment reserved for the seventh circle of hell. -And this is coming from someone who is well-versed with the franchise, so an outsider/casual would probably have even less interest.

As for watching Battle? Maybe. There problem there is that no matter what it's still coupled with Bannerlord's combat, which is really unaesthetic (both in presentation and pacing) and generally downright boring to watch.

Battle casts were what got me into Warband's battle mode and competitive scene. Entertaining casting with a good spectator overlay (HP, gold) would be entertaining to watch. However, those sorts of streams would be only be watched by an existing audience and wouldn't draw in new players.

But growing the MP scene has too many problems. (Decided to make my own thread since it was getting far too off topic.)
By that logic, good skirmish casts should be just as entertaining.
I think this is nonsense, even within the Bannerlord MP community. There are also hundreds of people that still play Warband’s Battle mode competitively.
Well, I'm talking about people who play Bannerlord competitively, not Warband. There's a poll going on right now that is 10/1 in the favor of playing skirmish rather than battle. Also there's just the fact that warband doesn't exactly HAVE a skirmish mode. They wouldn't be playing warband skirmish, because there is no warband skirmish.

By that logic, good skirmish casts should be just as entertaining.
Due to respawns, skirmish is more spread out, so more difficult to cast and observe.

We know that Skirmish and Battle are not very entertaining to the average person. Line battles get hundreds or thousands of times more views on Youtube than competitive modes do, but one good cav player is probably going to do more damage than an entire line of meh players who barely understand the combat system.

I think Skirmish is much better for solo queue and ranked games, because it lowers variance more than battle does. (Although it's dead and remains to be seen how much ranked will revive it.)

Well, I'm talking about people who play Bannerlord competitively, not Warband. There's a poll going on right now that is 10/1 in the favor of playing skirmish rather than battle. Also there's just the fact that warband doesn't exactly HAVE a skirmish mode. They wouldn't be playing warband skirmish, because there is no warband skirmish.
I don't know what poll you are referring to, I'd like to see what sort of people are participating. The most hardcore Bannerlord MP players are going to be inclined towards skirmish because it's what they're used to. A skirmish mode in Warband wouldn't get much attention because battle is vastly superior for competitive play and it's what players there are used to. It's a reductive argument to even talk about a skirmish mode in Warband, and I struggle to envision that you are deluded enough to think that Warband MP players would prefer skirmish to battle. The only reason I'd be tentative about playing a single-life mode competitively in Bannerlord is because the class system doesn't work very well with it, not because skirmish is actually preferable to battle.

Back
Top Bottom