Would you currently prefer custom servers or what taleworlds has in mind to implement before them?

Would you currently prefer custom servers or what taleworlds has in mind to implement before them?

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

3BVarIk.png

I would just like to see what results come out from this poll, simply because there is possibility i'm wrong and most people would prefer what the developers have in mind.

If "features we have in mind" is a few more siege maps and some perk rebalancing then no thanks. I honestly can't see Taleworlds making it any better.

Obvious answer is obvious
Also that appearance/theme is lowkey hideous, looks like you're on an early 2000s tech support forum

I would love custom servers, but I don't think it will happen.

Taleworlds has their vision for Bannerlord MP and its completely different from the vision they had for Warband MP. Battle mode was an after thought, concentration on Skirmish, E-Sports and skins (that probably influenced the class system).
What annoys me the most though? The servers we currently have are unstable, crash frequently and kick everyone after the round ends - which has been like this from the beginning. In fact it feels like MP (as it currently stands) was an after thought.

I want custom servers now, because it would fix alot of the problems that Taleworlds doesn't seem particularly concerned with. I would prefer MP to be placed into the hands of the modders, because we might actually see some progress. So I vote Custom Servers.

I would love custom servers, but I don't think it will happen.

Taleworlds has their vision for Bannerlord MP and its completely different from the vision they had for Warband MP. Battle mode was an after thought, concentration on Skirmish, E-Sports and skins (that probably influenced the class system).
What annoys me the most though? The servers we currently have are unstable, crash frequently and kick everyone after the round ends - which has been like this from the beginning. In fact it feels like MP (as it currently stands) was an after thought.

I want custom servers now, because it would fix alot of the problems that Taleworlds doesn't seem particularly concerned with. I would prefer MP to be placed into the hands of the modders, because we might actually see some progress. So I vote Custom Servers.
Lets get spectator tools first then we can talk about esports.

Lets get spectator tools first then we can talk about esports.
Why they set up a game mode they plan to use for E-Sports from the beginning - is beyond me. Skirmish mode should have been introduced when MP was finished.
Get plenty of players interacting with MP, get servers to retain high populations, plenty of clans, custom servers...then introduce Skirmish.

I just can't understand what they were thinking. Did they even plan or think this through?

Why they set up a game mode they plan to use for E-Sports from the beginning - is beyond me. Skirmish mode should have been introduced when MP was finished.
Get plenty of players interacting with MP, get servers to retain high populations, plenty of clans, custom servers...then introduce Skirmish.

I just can't understand what they were thinking. Did they even plan or think this through?
My theory on it is, the classes etc is alot easier for the devs themselves, theres a connection between single player (all the classes ingame exist in sp aswell) and its better for new players who get confused by what item goes in a slot with a helmet icon. I mean it COULD be where the gloves goes right?!
It also makes it better for them when they eventually create skins, they can sell packs of skins instead of individual which potentially makes more money for them. That part can obviously be argued, I wouldnt mind buying a golden bow, but I'm not gonna buy a legionary outfit for 3 euros.

Skirmish is meant to be the competitive gamemode for sure, having that from the start doesnt hurt the game, the reason skirmish failed is the lack of a skillbased matchmaking at launch, so players of equal skill would have the chance to fight players on their own level, instead of 10 year veterans of the game. Skirmish in itself is a fine mode, I'd say its an upgrade to Battle, the class system is the real failure.

I also dont think the purpose of multiplayer is to be an esport. If so theres a ton different things they would be doing differently. Again, without a chance to spectate matches, there will be no esport. If esport was the main purpose of Multiplayer, we would have it by now, istead of it being a low priority.

What would be interesting is - TW's official servers would have the normal class systems. Custom servers would have custom loadouts, or even a modder can do that! So I vote for Custom servers

I just want to play for more than one match without crashing, that would satisfy me for about a year even if they didn't add any content for that time.

Can't say i've ever seen a poll this one sided.

The sample isn't big but it should be evident that people just want to play in peace on the community servers and with modders support.
No sound of doom, no combo perks, no throwing weapons hell, no class system, no being kicked from the servers all the time, just name one feature you want and modders could probably do it.
I'm not sure how distant the full release of the game is, hopefully we all won't be in a coffin by then?

Also, just as @Namakan reminds us
eBIg3Zr.png

TaleWorlds should release the custom servers ASAP. Content we need, lots of mods and ect. will come with custom servers thanks to community modders. This also will relieved TaleWorlds about game content. We didn't get any map, game mod, event for like 1 year. Thus, TaleWorlds can more focus make this game better as mechanics.

Back
Top Bottom