Votes: 4 3.0%
  • Franklin D. Roosevelt

Votes: 4 3.0%
  • Woodrow Wilson

Votes: 3 2.3%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Devercia said:
Polk, Tried to conquer Mexico and would have if not for the diplomat signing the treaty of Guadalupe having better sense. Sponsored private invasions of Columbia.
Nearly went to war with the UK over British Columbia.

He also looks like Rhys Ifans

Moose! said:
Also, Andrew Johnson. You should add him. I doubt we've ever had a president who was more incapable of working with Congress than Johnson.

Personally, I don't believe that any of the presidents you have listed could be honestly considered as the worst president in American history.

I voted for Andrew Johnson. He utterly failed to follow the vision of Lincoln and resulted in the country separating directly after again for many years. If Lincon had never died I think equality would have came much earlier.

Bush was a close one for me though as a result of his terrible policy's on taxes during a war. Pretty self explanatory looking at it...if you are going to war, cutting taxes and decreasing revenue is bad. Though I didn't vote for Bush because he was successful in preventing a second large scale terrorist attack on the country. Other than that i fail to see many positives of Bush.

I still believe Johnson was worse than Bush but its an interesting list you have.  Nice post :grin:

Im going with Andrew Johnson he let the South hold riots against the freed African people and as a Southerner pardoned any who swore oath to the Union again.

Even those who held a grudge and are a racial hatred breed.

I'm surprised that I'm the only one who voted Buchanan, seeing as he completely failed to deal with, or at least put off, the civil war.

The civil war would have happened anyways. Delaying it would have been worse, since gun technology only gets better and military tactics usually don't change until a big war occurs.

Didn't have to happen at all. A majority of the South wasn't even in favor of secession at that time. In fact, even when Lincoln was elected only a few Southern states were. The rest only joined in to defend those states from the federal government. If Buchanan had done anything to stop those initial states from trying to secede, the war wouldn't have happened.

Love/hatred or Reagan is pretty much defined by your place relative from the American center. People left of that will hate, with more hate the further left, while people to the right will love him, with more love to the further right.

Well, he did a lot of long-term damage by giving the impression that trickle-down economics is effective, while really riding on natural economic growth.

Madoc, I expect you to write a haiku on Reagan now.

MadocComadrin said:
Love/hatred or Reagan is pretty much defined by your place relative from the American center. People left of that will hate, with more hate the further left, while people to the right will love him, with more love to the further right.
I would believe that anyone, left or right ,with any economic sense would agree that by creating a culture whereby the banking crisis would occur makes him a pretty terrible president, also setting a terrible precedent as well, that regulation is not only unnecessary but unneeded.

Kobrag said:
I would believe that anyone, left or right ,with any economic sense would agree that by creating a culture where-by the banking crisis would occur makes him a pretty terriblle president.
Eh, I'm pretty sure there's more fault to that then Reagan's. He may have set the stage, but it takes willing actors to perform a play, after all.

Trevty said:
The GOP loves him.  He's like the god of the Republicans.
Which proves my point. Set the 0 relationship at the center of the American spectrum, and you'll have your opinion of Reagan by finding your spot on it.

Back
Top Bottom